Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Hey everyone, well I was sitting here at work and was thinking of you all. Boy have I missed a lot in the many weeks I have not been here. Well I enjoyed reading the posts, and glad to see many of you doing sooooo well. I on the other hand, have been doing okay minus not losing weight in a week and a half, and also feling the need to vent So here goes what happened to me last Friday.: Well last Friday I was very excited because I was going for my first fill at the fill center in St. Petersburg Fl. On my way there my car broke down, and was late for the appointment. I get there rhings are going great port looked good but when the doctor went in to give me the fill she said the port was flipped and tried to turn it. Well no luck. She says I needed to go back to the doctor which is Mexico, so I calledthe doctor right away and was on a flite the next morning all the way from Fl. So I get there the doctor gives me the x'ray and goes umm your port is not flipped. I said what? He goes ya, you can se the two rings if it was flipped you would only see one. I said well I am sorry but I need some proof lol. So he gets the needle and with a little push in went the needle and my 1.5 cc's. Comes to find out she didn' push hard enough through the lining of the port.

So what does that mean for me? Well means I wasted money but glad when I go back for my next fill I can inform her. . . I am happy I did go to Mexico though cause I was reassured I was okay.

Now my aggrivation comes from just being hungry a lot. I am about to havemy monthly feiend but I don't know. I definitely eat more than a cup, but less than what I was eating. But I am going to wate a few more weeks to see how I feel before I go for another fill just because I need to get in a routing and better choices. So with all that said, I hope I didn't bore yall too much. Thanks for reading, my prayers are with you all.

Tiffany

BTW... Sorry for some of the spelling, I am doing this on cellphone and did not read the form over before I submitted it.

Hi All,

I am new to the thread. I was banded on Aug. 18th and started out at 185. I have been up and down with only 5lbs loss, so dont feel bad those of you who have gained some back. I had my first fill of 6cc's at 6 weeks out, have a little restriction, but can still eat way too much. Ive been told its all about restriction, we'll see. Sabrina

I feel the same way as all of you. I am eating too much and not getting enough exercise. I try to watch my portion size but i get hungry and the worst thing is I can still eat anything as long as I chew it slowly. I am with you I thing we should all start frest again . Thanks everyone for all of your support I really need it.

I honestly think im tighter now than i was a few days after my fill. If i eat too much...mind you its not alot , up it comes.....maybe im allready close to the sweet spot , we shall see!!!

I have a head cold and I've had indigestion for the last 2 days now. Seriously. I'm never hungry and I just feel so yuck!

Any ideas on getting rid of the indigestion?

BTW... Sorry for some of the spelling, I am doing this on cellphone and did not read the form over before I submitted it.

What the heezy!! I can't believe you had to fly out to Mexico on a wrong diagnosis. You're taking it very well. I would have been livid. Glad you're ok though.

Hi All,

I am new to the thread. I was banded on Aug. 18th and started out at 185. I have been up and down with only 5lbs loss, so dont feel bad those of you who have gained some back. I had my first fill of 6cc's at 6 weeks out, have a little restriction, but can still eat way too much. Ive been told its all about restriction, we'll see. Sabrina

Wow, at 185 I'd be close to goal. Don't worry though it seems like we are all going through about the same thing and we're all basically in the same time frame so I guess we're in our learning curve :puke: . 6cc's was a very aggressive fill. I hope when I get there I have good restriction.

I feel the same way as all of you. I am eating too much and not getting enough exercise. I try to watch my portion size but i get hungry and the worst thing is I can still eat anything as long as I chew it slowly. I am with you I thing we should all start frest again . Thanks everyone for all of your support I really need it.

I can eat just about anything too and I hate that. I love that I have not had any bad episodes and I don't push it with a lot of bread or anything .My eating has not been good though.

I honestly think im tighter now than i was a few days after my fill. If i eat too much...mind you its not alot , up it comes.....maybe im allready close to the sweet spot , we shall see!!!

Beachbunny have you noticed that you are tighter at some times than others? I've noticed that it seems that in the morning I am tight 2 bites of anything is more than enough but later on towards the evening I can eat just about anything.

I have a head cold and I've had indigestion for the last 2 days now. Seriously. I'm never hungry and I just feel so yuck!

Any ideas on getting rid of the indigestion?

I bought those papaya enymes tablets. They are chewable, they taste good and are good for digestion and they even help when you eat something that may seem like it's stuck. I have 2 big bottles of them.

I reached out to a successful bandster on Youtube for help and ideas. I'm waiting for a response now. I am starting this thing all new tomorrow. I cannot fail with this band.

Dee

Edited by msdv

I definitely do not have the restiction you all have. I ate a small banana for Breakfast thirty minutes had a breakfast sandwich. That was all before 930. I just had lunch at 130 which was a 6'' tuna sub and almost a whole bag of chips plus Cookies. So maybe I should get another fill. Maybe this is my karma for having such easy after care. I don't know. What do yall think? I have 1.5 cc in a 4 cc band.

Beachbunny have you noticed that you are tighter at some times than others? I've noticed that it seems that in the morning I am tight 2 bites of anything is more than enough but later on towards the evening I can eat just about anything. Dee

I am the same way. In the morning I have a scrambled egg and it fills me up but as the day wears on, I can eat a lot more.

I definitely do not have the restiction you all have. I ate a small banana for breakfast thirty minutes had a breakfast sandwich. That was all before 930. I just had lunch at 130 which was a 6'' tuna sub and almost a whole bag of chips plus Cookies. So maybe I should get another fill. Maybe this is my karma for having such easy after care. I don't know. What do yall think? I have 1.5 cc in a 4 cc band.

Wow. There is no way I could eat a 6" sub, chips and cookies. I can barely do a sandwich thin turkey sandwich. I think you need a fill. :puke:

I was thinking that too.

I cannot eat a lot of food like that at one time.

A banana is very filling and then a bkfast sandwich and then a sub, chips and Cookies ...that's a lot. I have been afraid of bread. Yesterday for the first time I had a bagel thin sandwich but that was an all day thing 2 bites in the morning and then the rest at lunch.

I'm with Diane if you can eat that much in one sitting you most likely are due a fill. No karma just sounds like you need maintenance. Which band allows only 4ccs? That's just about where I'm at now and I know I have a ways to go to get to my sweet spot.

Its so good to read these posts. I am the same as everyone else I can only eat a little in the morning, but as the day goes along I can eat a whole lot more. It takes more and more to fill me up. I really have to restrain myself and chose wisely.

A 4cc band will close pretty much at 4cc's. Just like a 10 will close at a ten. The smaller the band just means I had a "small stomach / esophagus." If they were to put a bigger one on me it wouldn't stay because it would be too big is the way I think they explained it. I am not sure though if I am correct. I will ask again my next fill. I am going to call today to see if I can go for a fill in two weeks. My first fill was last week. Or let me see if I can do it this Friday. I am going to call. Thanks you guys. :puke::)

oh the frustration!

I had my second fill on friday and i was REALLY hoping for some restriction but don't see any at all! I'm getting so frustrated with this whole process.

At the office when my dr. did the fill she pulled out the 3.5cc's that were in there and then put them back in with an additional 1cc. So i'm suppossedly at 4.5cc's. She was telling me that with a 10cc band most people hit a sweet spot at 4.5cc's and that my next fill isn't for 6 more weeks. I'm so irritated because i don't feel like this is happening for me. I'm constantly hungry and just trying not to eat everything in sight. I'm doing high Protein and trying my best to stick to smaller meals even though i'm soooo hungry. I don't think my dr's office is going to give me another fill any earlier that what is scheduled.

ROAR!!!

just venting :puke:

*****update**** just called the dr's office...they think i should get another fill next week. :) hopefully this will give me some restriction :crying:

Edited by Elliottsmama
update

Hello All, I'm with the rest of you. I'm finding myself getting more and more hungry. Some days I can eat quite a bit and other days I feel the restriction. I had a small amount of fill in my band during surgery, and received my first fill on Oct. 4. I go for my second fill on Oct. 18. I too am getting discouraged...

This weekend was horrible. My OB/GYN put me on a medicine that had me starving all weekend. I don't care what the scientists say. There are certain medicines that make you hungry, and I'm taking one. I had wonderful restriction before I started taking the medicine. I wasn't hungry between meals, and I couldn't eat but 1/2 - 3/4 cup at a time.

I told my husband yesterday that I felt like I had gained 5 pounds over the weekend from Thursday on. Weighed this morning, and I had gained 2. Some of it should be Water retention from the lovely medicine I'm taking. It just made me feel defeated, and I'm trying to control the impulse to eat. Not only has the medicine made me hungry, I crave sugar when I'm on it. I just want to cry. I was losing a pound a day (knew that wouldn't last), and today I feel like I've hit a brick wall.