Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stressed - weight dropping again!

Ok, I should be happy, I am finally approaching the 200 lb. mark. The problem is that I am totally stressed.

Somehow, this is taking the happiness out of my losing weight again, as yesterday I was so upset I didn't even think to eat until about 3:00 PM, and I felt dizzy at that point.

The major stress right now was this 2nd job I took on to make some extra money. To make a long story short, the woman that hired me probably did not take a liking to me from the start. I had no idea she was not happy with my work. I am a hard worker, but computer issues on the job (not my fault) caused a lot of stress and where she did not want to deal with the computer issues, it was easier for her to just fire me out of the blue. It was very humiliating.

I can't stop thinking about it and can't sleep. I am soooo furious.

Has anyone ever been let go at work?

How did you deal with the anger???

Thanks for listening.

I was fired from a dealership by a guy who was able to buy our dealership just because he inherited money from his grandfather, I told him if he kept running it like he was, it would close in a year. He fired me for saying it. (I was wrong, it took 15 months to close.)

But you know what, sometimes depriving someone of your services is the worst thing you can do to them. There is a report in the car business called the cross sell, it tells how many cars are sold from every car dealership in your area. His new car sales went down 15 cars a month immediately after I left and never recovered. That means he lost an average of $45,000 a month in sales profit because he fired me. How is that for cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Its the same for you, if you were a hard worker you would have increased productivity at work and therefore increased her profits, since she doesn't have you it will cost her money. You may not have a cross sell to show you how much but trust me it will hurt her. You are doing the worst thing you can to her, by not helping her. :unsure:

Well I wasn't fired but my second job really wronged me. I started working for torrid the plus size clothing store around the holidays last year. They run everything backwards there. They never trained me. They hired me on the spot..actually..I'm a loyal customer and the manager approached me and actually begged me. I went thru all the motions in beginning of nov 09. And then she would forget to start me forgetting to put me on the schedule. She finally put me on on black friday..worst day of the year. Didn't show me anything or train me bc it was sooo busy. I left there that 1st day in a haze. Then she only put me on 1 day a week..umm y did they even hire me? Odd. So anyways manager doesn't have a car so it turned into her closing night was the night she put me on so I could take her to the train station. She also would stand behind the desk all night while I did everything. And I have a full time day job so after working 9-10 hours I had to go there and pick up her slack. Long story short..I wanted to quit every week but I stuck it out for the 40 percent discount. Then I had it one day with having to always work with her and I cut my availability to only 1 day a week..her day off. I didn't care if they couldn't work around it. If they couldn't and let me go then that was fine. I kinda wanted that.

So I told her and she basically said ok we don't need u. I said ok here's my 2 week notice then I guess and that was that. Then the next time I came in I was told she quit unexpectedly with a big scene and the other ppl loved me there and begged me to stay by adhereing to my availability. Well I opened it a few days after that and everything was fine.

About a month later I got a promotion at my other job and had to give my notice for real this time. And it was the new managers first day. She said ok, she didn't put me on the schedule that week yet anyway but I"d be on the following week. I said ok then that's my last day. Week later I call for my schedule and I'm not on it. I was like ok. She promised. I called she said she"d put me on the following week if I wanted to stretch out my last day. I said ok. Well I went in on beginning of that week and I wasn't on again. I talked to the assist manager and she told me the manager was punishing me.and then since my official last day wasn't until 4 more days I asked for my discount. I was still in the system so I was a current employee still. They had to call the mgr at home just to cover their asses and she told them no I can't have the discount. I was soooo pissed that this new person and company handles their business this way. It was very very hurtful..bc this was a high school job and I'm 26 the oldest one there and worked like a dog and gave my all and they treated me like this? So anyway in the end. I paid full price..but jokes on them..I still get my discount on the website. So I bought it online and when that comes in ill return it with my store receipt. There! Got my discount I deserve! So that's my story. It wasn't stressful for me but very hurtful and made me very angry and bitter.

MY mom have an sayin and it goes like this.... i thought i was doing bad because i have no shoe, until i met an man who have no feet.

sweetheart, why are you stressing over an 2nd job, thank god for the job that you still have, with so many people are out of work, Sometime things happen for an reason, when GOD close an window he always open an door

working two jobs sometime is stressful

Edited by tommygunn49

She's stressing over a second job because getting fired sucks. Doesn't matter if it's a second job or not. I've been fired and I'm not ashamed to say I acted immaturely when it happened. I was never told over the phone that I was being fired just not to show up until I had spoken to the supervisor. Her supervisor wouldn't speak to me. Claimed ignorance. My immediate supervisor was an ass. I eventually tracked her down at work and asked what was going on. After getting fired, I went out and got some booze. Got buzzed and "forgot" to give my key back (I threw it out). I have never returned to the place and never will.

Thank you all soooo much! I just can't believe how humiliating it is to get fired. I'm still so upset. I woke up last night at 3:15 still thinking about it.

I am a perfectionist, and to have this happen to my ego is just so darn painful I can't even begin to explain. I am better off though because the women were nasty to work for.

Tommy, thanks for your support too, but I do need this second job. My hours were cut down on my first job, I probably didn't explain it properly. My pay was cut in 1/2. I am a medical transcriptionist, and the doctors are all going voice technology and were are all getting laid off.

I applied for an entery level position at the local hospital where I am still on per diem and I could not even get that because things are sooo bad right now, and me being over 50, it's just very very stressful.

I don't want to get into an whole other topic regarding age discrimination here, expecially with women over 50, but thank you all sooooo much.

I'll get over it.

It's just very stressful on my band right now too. It's 11:30 AM and I still have not eaten yet.

All I can think about is the loss of income, and going over and over again in my head how I can work on my budget and get my bills paid. I already made a switch with my phone service to cut down on my bill, and cable is next!

Thanks again. You are all great!

Edited by maryrose