Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op Appoinment Today!

I can't believe it's been 10 days since my surgery...sooo glad it's behind me! All is progressing well and my NUT advanced my diet (to my surpise) from pureed to soft~~Whoohoo!:) A little overwhemed with all the "choices" again - have not had much of that for a while now. Now the really hard part begins - making good choices is up to me! High Protein, low carb all the way, baby!:scared2:

Congrats on the soft foods! Just curious how long you were on clear/liquid/pureed? I'm itching at more than room temp soups!!

My doc's prescribed regimen for post-op is Clear Liquids for first 24 hours; then pureed for days 2-14; then soft foods for 15-30; then regular (also 1st fill!). Biggest difference between soft stage and regular food is the addition of raw/crunchy foods. I was a little nervous to advance to soft 5 days early, but she said it would be fine. I'm staying with VERY soft things and I am pretty much pureeing everything in my mouth before swallowing. It was sure easier to get the calories in today! I ended up eating 1084 cals., 86 grams Protein and 70 grams of carbs. Need to watch the carbs more tomorrow! I made a great soft, lo-cal dessert that you could probably have (assuming you are in pureed stage)...Sugar Free Lime Jello (box - prepared and slightly starting to gel), pureed low-fat cottage cheese (one container), and container of Cool Whip Free. I saw another poster tallk about this recipie and I used to make it all the time for my diabetic son when he was younger. I never used to puree the cottage cheese first, but it's better that way - no lumps. It tastes great! Good luck to you!

Thank you so much. I'm just now moving onto pureed and that sounds yummy.

Spoiltmom - my pre-op diet sucked, too! I felt like it would never end...and now I am 11 days post op and eating real food again (but still not very hungry - yea!) It will get here for you, too :rolleyes: