Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

His and Her Lap Bands!!!

Guest Kitt

Guest Kitt

Hi everyone! I was just banded on Aug.23 and my husband is getting banded on Tues., Dec 6th....This will help me a great deal. We can get rid of all no-no foods, and work together twords our goals. I am having a lot off difficulty, PB'ing on almost everything but liquids. I am worried the my pouch will streach or band will slip. I am chewing to goo, eating very tiny portions. Had 1/4 c. egg salad and a TINY salad w/ff Salad Dressing for lunch....was ok. Had a small piece of chicken w/ tsp mashed pot. and one tsp. mac and cheese....choked on it, and could not finnish the chicken.Can't understand what I am doing wrong....and suggestions??I have my second fill on Tues. also. I am getting a little bummed....I knew I would have to give up McDonalds and potatoe chips and pizza ect. but I did not bargin for giving up poultry and bread( which seem to be the main offenders...though on certain days I will Pb crystal Light) Well it will be good hearing from veterans. Learned more by reading the posts for a half hour than I ever did from my doc!!!!

You are doing great and seem to be following all the rules. You are over 3 months out and should be able to eat all the foods you are not tolerating. I wouldn't suggest getting another fill right now if all you can eat is mushies.

Just my opinion. I just think you are tight enough right now...

I agree totally with aaamom. DO NOT get another fill. You are already probably a skosh too tight. Maybe you get a slight unfill? That what it sounds to me is going on.

Hang in there and much luck to your hubby soon to be banded!

Ditto to what the others have said about getting another fill right now. It's usually when you can start eating everything in site that you realize you need a fill. It helps to balance things out. Right now I just had a fill done on Wednesday and boy am I paying for it. Just a scoch too tight, which means I have to be very, very careful.

Sadly though, giving up bread and Pasta may be two of the things you have to give up. Even when I had all my fill removed, I still had difficulty with bread and didn't even go near Pasta, too afraid and that was okay for me, food is no longer got it's hooks into me like it did once before. I crave much different things than before I was banded. I find myself looking for the healthier foods and really enjoying them, when I can get them down. I'm not worried, this will start to losen up soon and I will know when that happens. It's like starting all over again fresh and new, which I actually enjoy.

I think it's really great that you and hubby will both be banded. If you get a chance you may want to look at the thread of before and after pictures, I know that there is a couple on there that has done so wonderfully and they have done it together. It's a great support to have someone who shares your same ambitions and goals.

Happy Holidays

Cindy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches