Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8/16 for me too!!

We must stay in touch.

I know it will be here like tomorrow but it seems so far away right now as I sit here eating pigs in the blanket to get them out of the freezer before I start my liquid diet. :scared2:

Congrats, Molly :scared2: I had my post-op appointment today, can't believe it's been 10 days! While I can't exactly say that the time has "flown" by, everyday is better and better than the next :) You will be amazed at how much better you feel by the one week mark. The gas is still getting to me a bit, can still feel the darn shoulder pain, but it's certainly not like day one. More annoying than anything. I have started to have these HUGE long burps and let me tell you, it feels great! My nut actually advanced me a bit early to the soft stage today - real food! Whohooo! I am a little nervous though with so many more "options." Now the hardest part begins :o

Hi , I am getting banded on 8/16 also. Maybe we can support each other.

Everyone on here is so awesome!

Day 2 and I am feeling great. Just had some awesome cream of aspargus Soup...

I squashed the gas pains by walking around the house and by doing windmills with my arms (I know...weird). That was really the predominant pain I had and I only took the pain medication for the second day. Took some Gas X too.

Seriously, the surgery was a breeze and everything went so smoothly. Those of you who are coming up on your date, don't stress out. I have had knee surgery and two c-sections - this was a WALK in the park compared. Really, agitating yourself will only make things harder.

This is a gift. My surgeon was so awesome when he came to see me when I was getting ready for surgery. He said TODAY IS AN IMPORTANT DAY and I get to be there with you. I thought that was really cool - that he acknowledged how life changing this can be. And my husband wrote me a note yesterday telling me how brave I was to do something like this and take control of something about myself that I don't like.

Here's to all of you - you're awesome and you can do it!:cursing:

The gas pain is killing me...I never thought it would be this bad and I see no end in sight!! Grrrrrr.... if it wasn't for that I would be feeling great...:cursing:

My tricks: having someone pat or hit my back or my lower abdomen, windmill my arms, walking around, doing modified side bends, gas x twice a day. Mine finally went away, day 2.

Congrats!! Best of luck and looking forward to following you as you achieve your goal!

Awww...your husband is a sweety :cursing: Smusch :wub:

I walked around like crazy the 1st 2 days and thought I was rid of the gas...for about 24 hours...then it seemed to come back despite all my activity...I hope it doesnt in your case, but don't be alarmed if it reappears. My doc told me today that the same thing happened with him (he is banded, too!). Not too bad, just a pain in the neck (literally) to deal with :drool:

Speaking of sweet husbands, we are going to be visiting the jewelry store for another type of "band" to Celebrate my life-change...is there any occassion where jewelry doesn't fit the bill???:cursing::cool::wub:

My gas pain entirely went away yesterday...I was soooo happy. Only to wake up today (day 5) to the worst shoulder pain ever! It is relentless....nothing will rid it. I've tried everything! I'm just hoping I will wake up tomorrow and miraculously it'll be gone again!

My hunger is back with a vengence....ugh! :cursing:

Heat really helped the shoulder pain for me...it will be gone most of the day and them blammo....sometimes it take my breath away it hurts so bad! Then it goes away again. It will get better for us!

Hey everyone, I know I am late to this party but I was also banded yesterday the 27th. I went into surgery at 7:30 and walked out the hospital doors at 1:30pm. Went to my brothers house and after a couple sips of Water and pain medication (Lortab elixir) I was out for the rest of the afternoon. I also have been having some gas pains, mostly in my left shoulder and chest. Was up for a couple of hours last night but pretty much slept through.

Today (went home) I walked some more and am expelling gas both ways (thank goodness) Shoulder still hurting but not as bad. I've just been sipping Water and Vitamin water, but tonight has some chicken broth. I am somewhat confused about when to start full liquids....

Congrats to my band mates, our new b-day is July 27th! Take care and keep checking in!

Tracy:thumbup:

congregation, to all you ladies that was just banded

hope you have a fast recovery

Edited by sourmissg

Omg. I love this site! I've been reading for months and I finally signed up. My date is Aug 16! YAYY 18 more days. I'm 20 years old and I'm having surgery the same day as my mom! We are both 300lbs.

Omg. I love this site! I've been reading for months and I finally signed up. My date is Aug 16! YAYY 18 more days. I'm 20 years old and I'm having surgery the same day as my mom! We are both 300lbs.

Hey , me too 8/16 come and join us in the August rush 2010 thread.