Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are unflavored protein powder truly tasteless?

I'm looking for some good tasting or tasteless Protein powders for my pre op and post op period. My surgeon's office swears by Un Jury. They claim it tastes great. They gave me a sample of unflavored, vanilla, chocolate and chicken Soup.

I haven't tried them yet.

Any recs for some good tasting Protein Powder?

I have tried all of the unjury Protein Powders. The only thing that I do is make sort of a shake/smoothie. I put in a banana with 1/2 cup Water one scoop of protein, chocolate or strawberry and blend. The I add ice until thick. (The reason I use Water zero calories vs skim milk which is an additional 40)

Also use frozen fruit, thawed then use either strawberry or vanilla.

Not into the unflavored as much but do keep a container on hand and mix with coffee, or sometimes will get SF instant pudding using 1/2 pkgs to one cup of skim milk for a shake of whatever the flavor of the pudding might be. Or use the powder with skim milk, add a flavoring of your choice and ice blend until smooth.

Also, I have used chocolate with SF hot chocolate Swiss mix using hot water and that is good in the winter.

Unjury also has recipes on their website.

Hope this helps some.

PS I have the chicken broth also, and use it when I have fills, since the regular chicken broth contains no protein. Down fall is Unjury cannot be heated above 130 degrees or it will clump.

Edited by oldoneyoungagain
spell ck

PURE unflavored whey Protein from Bariatric Eating is as close to flavorless as I've encountered. It's really good, and comes darn close to disappearing when combined with foods/drinks.

If you cook with a Protein powder, do you still get the same amount of protein or does some of it get broken down from the heat?

Being with band for only 4 days, I can only share you about the Pure. I use the unflavored and right now I am mixing it with juice and drink sticks like Crystal Light. Pure (a BA product) is pretty tasteless, has a small foaming quality and a smell that I cannot put my finger on. Is it replusive? Not right now. Ask me in two weeks when I am coming down from my liquid diet!

BeneProtein is awesome! :(

I love my EAS advantagedge choclate and vanilla shakes.

I use the unjury for the chicken Soup flavor it is GREAT and the unflavored I use in Soups like butternut squash, Tomato, broccolli. you can also use it in sugar free Jello and pudding.

Hi Malinda,

I am still having a difficult time mixing Unjury w/o screwing up my meals and drinks. How much do u actually use in your soups, jellos, and puddings. Are you using the whole scoop or do u sprinkle jus a little bit. Please help! :(

I was told to not heat up Protein too much or it will lose its effectiveness...lukewarm or a lil warmer but not to hot...it would be horrible to think your getting your protein but your really not