Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i ate a meatball flatbread sandwich from subwayonly cheese on it. im comfortably full. im 6.4cc on a 10cc band

I have 9cc in an 11 cc Realize band and would have never got the bread in and maybe some of the meatballs so to me, it's a lot of food. I would have ate the meatballs slowly and been full. I haven't had success with bread since hitting restriction but that's okay with me. I haven't had a sandwich for a long time and I love them. I just eat the inside and a couple chips and I am satisfied.

But you can see what others say. Bread or anything doughy usually sticks me. And many Proteins but I chew the heck out of them.

maybe i dont have good restriction yet. didnt ave any problem. but here i am over 2 hours later and im stiil full. i made sure and chewed well, had a few close calls before with food. just curious as what other people consider a lot.

More than a cup is considered a lot to me. My doctor focuses heavily on eating a cup of food each meal, no more. Usually I get about 3/4 in and I'm full for hours.

For me, it's too much food on a couple of levels. First, it's more than my stomach could handle.

But secondly, it's a 600-calorie sandwich! The meatballs have 310 calories, and only 11 grams of Protein. The cheese adds 50-60 calories, depending on the type you chose. The flatbread has 230 calories, 38 g carb (if you pay attention to carbs), but only 2 g Fiber.

I have no doubt that it filled you up---it was a lot of food. Since you were able to tolerate it and liked it, there's no real reason (unless it contraindicates your doctor's instructions) to avoid it completely. I think I'd just put into the "not very often" category.

ETA: You asked what other people consider to be a lot. I don't know how many meatballs were on the sandwich, but for me, "a lot" would be 2.5-3 meatballs, depending on size. I do have good restriction now, though--and that makes a huge difference.

So you ate it all and were 'comfortably full' how far through the sandwich were you when you were 'not hungry'? because that's when you should have stopped.

Tools don't fix things on their own...you have to use them and if you overload or abuse tools....THEY BREAK!

I have not had a fill yet, but still keep losing. On my visit to get my first fill, my surgeon said I was doing so good he didn't really want to fill me yet. I know I can eat more than others that have been filled, and sometimes find myself overeating. I have to work on not being a member of the clean plate club and/or putting a lot less on my plate. I do eat much, much less than I did pre-band. I have found I can eat almost anything, bread, Pasta, etc. So I think it all really is a matter of what is working for you. If you are eating and still losing weight, it is working for you. I guess it's just important to monitor how your stomach is feeling as you eat, eat slow and stop when you feel full. Good luck!

my god there are a lot of holier than thou sarcastic people here

What sarcasm and holier-than-thou attitude? I don't see even a little of that in this thread.

You got a lot of different (and thoughtful) responses based on others' experiences---which is what you asked for.

Mr. Mom

Hang in there, if it is good for you, no problem! When were you banded? How much of a fill have you had? I was banded a little over a month ago and continue to lose and can still put down bread. Alot has to do with where you were on eating before this. If you really chowed down (as I'm sure most of us did), then this just might be you adjusting, My thoughts as long as you are not "miserable" and are still on the right track (losing weight), then just keep it simple! Good job on asking though, and honestly, there are far wrose things you can consume. Subway although not totally healthy, has turkey meatball subs, and well bread is bread, but in consumption is ok. Even though it is carbs, if you are exercising, you need carbs to burn(in moderation)! Keep going just be sensible! Good luck!

PS I'm down 23lbs and eat bread! for now until I am too tight to do so..

At the end of the day, its only too much food if you stop losing weight or begin to gain.

it doesnt matter if you eat half a cow comfortably with your level of restriction, if you are losing weight then for you, you are not overeating. There is no medal for starving yourself either, if you can eat 2000 calories of healthy food and lose weight, and I can eat 600 calories of healthy food, who do you think is better nourished? The more food you can eat and still lose, the more likely you are to be meeting all of your nutritional requirements.

Without a lot of restriction, your band will still let quite a lot of food thorugh and if it doesnt cause pain or overfullness, then you arent damaging it. You cant stuff yourself so full as to cause damage without noticing any sensations!

I wouldnt worry, with restriction, you will eat less. You will get to the stage some years down the track where you look at a toddler's dinner plate and think that it looks like a reasonable meal!

all i was asking was if that was a lot of food to eat...i figured since its my first fill ,id ask what other ppl consider a lot