Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Northern Ontario?

You can claim your surgery, your travel expenses, meals(even if you didn't eat), hotel rooms, flights, etc. Every time you travel more than 40km for medical reasons, you can deduct it on your income tax. You don't need receipts for meals or for miles driven in a vehicle as they are a flat rate. The clinic issued me with a paid receipt the day of surgery. If you didn't get one, just contact your patient coordinator and they can send you one.

I have been doing some reading about claiming the band on our taxes. What do you think about that? Did either of you get a receipt from the clinic? I don't recall getting one.

I guess they might send a receipt in the spring but if they don't, we may as well contact them to get one. And don't forget the prescription for the Meditrim...my drug plan wouldn't cover it, but I will submit the receipts to CCRA for them.

My hotel stay was covered by Choice Privilege points otherwise that would have been another $300 expense.

HI Ladies, we all must be really busy lately!!! I am off to Sudbury Tomorrow for a fill, This month I am stuck, I have only lost 1lb. I am downhearted...BUT having said that at least I haven't gained!!!:unsure:

I feel that I am eating more than a cup even though I do measure.... but after my last fill that was ok... now it is not.

I have read about people stretching the pouch Etc... I don't think I have done that, I have none of those symptons.

I am a bit nervous about going for a fill, after the last one it took awhile before I figured out what stuck and why, I should be wiser this time,

With December quickly approaching I want to get a handle on this, Right now, I feel like I used to when on a diet....

Remember....being done with it.... Don't get me wrong I look in the mirror and I like what I see. I guess I just want this to keep working for me.

How are you gals making out? Love to hear from you:rolleyes:

NEXT DAY I am home I had my fill, just a small one....It was great to talk with Mary Beth...I feel better now, and ready to head down the scale...

She is worried I could be too tight .. so I am just going to take it really easy

for the next few days... I have Meditrim left... and I picked up protien powder at Walmart today.. I will ry it too. Cheers:P

HI Ladies, we all must be really busy lately!!! I am off to Sudbury Tomorrow for a fill, This month I am stuck, I have only lost 1lb. I am downhearted...BUT having said that at least I haven't gained!!!:unsure:

I feel that I am eating more than a cup even though I do measure.... but after my last fill that was ok... now it is not.

I have read about people stretching the pouch Etc... I don't think I have done that, I have none of those symptons.

I am a bit nervous about going for a fill, after the last one it took awhile before I figured out what stuck and why, I should be wiser this time,

With December quickly approaching I want to get a handle on this, Right now, I feel like I used to when on a diet....

Remember....being done with it.... Don't get me wrong I look in the mirror and I like what I see. I guess I just want this to keep working for me.

How are you gals making out? Love to hear from you:rolleyes:

NEXT DAY I am home I had my fill, just a small one....It was great to talk with Mary Beth...I feel better now, and ready to head down the scale...

She is worried I could be too tight .. so I am just going to take it really easy

for the next few days... I have Meditrim left... and I picked up protien powder at Walmart today.. I will ry it too. Cheers:P

HI cjf!!

OMG, I feel the same way you do....guess I'm not quite there yet either and that's the way to sum it up - feeling like I used to when dieting.... I almost forget I've been banded, except when I eat to fast and start sliming. I am a bit discouraged, I guess - I hardly weigh myself anymore - and when I do, I'm only down 1 lb. in like 2 wks. :angry:

(I don't really like the new format of these forums either,,,)

I am not going to bother tweeking my fills till after Christmas - I am waaaay too busy at work and home so I will just watch the quality of what I eat, try and stick to the cup or so of food per meal. 'Tis the season to graze and imbibe so I will concentrate more on Protein, portion and quality control.

Other then that, I am just about ready for Christmas....this was supposed to be Christmas card-writing weekend but I chose to decorate instead. And with the weather being warm this week, I will put the outside lights on the trees and run extension cords to the house & garage lights and put out the festive greenery. Will anyone be making any changes to your Holiday menus or will you just be more dilligent in your choices?

Have a good week, Girls!!

BB~

Wow I am also going through the exact same thing! For the past 2 weeks I haven't lost anything and my hunger increased quite a bit. I was worried that I had stretched my pouch out too. What are the symptoms of that Cjf?

I went for a small fill on Friday, only .2 but I feel so much better. I have very little hunger again and the scale is moving down. :)

I don't understand how you can be at a good spot then loose it after a while?

Wow I am also going through the exact same thing! For the past 2 weeks I haven't lost anything and my hunger increased quite a bit. I was worried that I had stretched my pouch out too. What are the symptoms of that Cjf?

I went for a small fill on Friday, only .2 but I feel so much better. I have very little hunger again and the scale is moving down. :)

I don't understand how you can be at a good spot then loose it after a while?

The sweet spot is a moving target. You will find it many times during your journey. As you lose weight, you lose fat around the stomach and the band needs more Fluid to bring it back up to that spot. I found my sweet spot many times over the years and the closer you get the goal, the less often the sweet spot changes.

Oh that makes perfect sense and I love your explaination as it being a moving target!

Again thank you very much for your input So done with it all!

I have also discovered that I can not eat costco whole (multi-grain? 7-grain? Whatever....) Buns - I want more after an hour, even though they make me stuck! Same with their Christmas cake and of course, still can't have my beloved jalapeño potato chips without wiping out the whole bag. And another fav? PC candy Cane ice cream with fudge crackle..... Therefore, Christmas time or not, I have eliminated them from the household. I've tested myself with this stuff and it's like I have a hollow leg! Going to stay on the straight and narrow!

Now, off to brave the cold, windy winter weather we're having at the moment and do some grocery shopping.

:D

BB~

Hi everyone! Looking for bandsters banded in Toronto but live up North. I am 1 week post-op tomorrow, July 22, 2010 :thumbup:

Hi,

Just joining the page. Haven't booked anything yet. See my GP tomorrow and hope that he is as excited about this procedure as I am. Found your postings, as well as the responses, very interesting.

Hi,

Just joining the page. Haven't booked anything yet. See my GP tomorrow and hope that he is as excited about this procedure as I am. Found your postings, as well as the responses, very interesting.

Hello, and welcome! We are pretty much still Newbies, if you skim through our posts, you can tell LOL!!

I probably speak for the other girls too, when I say I wish I had done this sooner. You will find that this is pretty much the same sentiment throughout these forums.

Are you from Ontario? Northern Ontario?

BB~

Hello, and welcome! We are pretty much still Newbies, if you skim through our posts, you can tell LOL!!

I probably speak for the other girls too, when I say I wish I had done this sooner. You will find that this is pretty much the same sentiment throughout these forums.

Are you from Ontario? Northern Ontario?

BB~

I am in Sudbury and you?

I am in Sudbury and you?

Yes, I am! How did your consultation with your doctor go today?

The list continues - can't do tea biscuits either.... :blink:

Yes, I am! How did your consultation with your doctor go today?

Hi,

I saw my doctor today and he had received and read the package from Slimband. He said that he thought the whole thing was a good idea and was very encouraging.

So what now? I have emailed the girl that I had my phone consultation with and am assuming she will reply tomorrow. What happens after you have made the decision to go through with the procedure?

Vicki

Hi,

I saw my doctor today and he had received and read the package from Slimband. He said that he thought the whole thing was a good idea and was very encouraging.

So what now? I have emailed the girl that I had my phone consultation with and am assuming she will reply tomorrow. What happens after you have made the decision to go through with the procedure?

Vicki

I think most of us in this thread went to SWLC and not Slimband so not really sure what their protocol is once you have decided. With SWLC, after we speak with the surgeon and make up our mind, they set a date then we speak with our patient coordinator who walks us through everything.