Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Northern Ontario?

Happy Thanksgiving! I have only been at my sweet spot for a month now but its 99% clear to me that I'm there. I have a hard time eating any solids for Breakfast so I have a shake. lunch is still a little hard to get down but as the day goes on it gets easier and easier. Once in a while I'll have a handful of baked chips and I fill up quickly but the other night I had some popcorn for the first time and before I knew it I ate the whole bag??? I heard that most people gage their fill by what they can eat for supper. So in that case I wonder if I could take a little bit more. Really I don't think so though.

I won't be in the city to shop around for Protein Drinks for a while so I have a friend of mine looking around for me this week. In the meantime I have some meditrim left and I'm going to look at the ones you suggested online.

Thanks for noticing my picture!

Things like chips, popcorn, crackers, etc are known as slider foods. Don't gauge your restriction by how many of these foods you can eat. They will slide through no matter how tight you are. I have had days when I couldn't eat a bite of anything solid but could eat a boatload of crackers.

Things like chips, popcorn, crackers, etc are known as slider foods. Don't gauge your restriction by how many of these foods you can eat. They will slide through no matter how tight you are. I have had days when I couldn't eat a bite of anything solid but could eat a boatload of crackers.

Thanks for that info, so done.....I thought I was losing my mind being able to eat those chips! Had no idea they'd be considered slider foods. Back to work today and back to my usual very conservative portion of Beans w/tuna, small slice of flax bread w/butter and some of left-over green bean casserole from Thanksgiving. Didn't have room for (and because I forgot) yogurt. It's now past the dinner hr. and I don't really feel like anything. Had tea with sweetener and some mineral Water. Guess I'm just trying to avoid more Thanksgiving leftovers LOL!!

Polly, I too, had a popcorn episode the other week. Thought I'd practice Portion Control and bought those 100 calorie packs of smart popcorn (the white cheddar ones?) Wiped out the whole box.....I'm not gonna lie. So I vow to stay away from the slider foods!

Thanks again for your input, so done, and Polly, just got another order of whey Protein isolate from NutraBio.com. All the fun you can have for $30 and no customs!

TTYL!

Yes, thank you for your input So Done! I also had no idea they were considered slidier foods. Now it makes sense to me though.

Miss Bibi I just ordered the strawberry whey isolate! How long does it take to come in?

Tried my first toasted sandwich yesterday and it was a no go. I ended up eating it open faced and was able to eat some of it at least.

Hi Polly, I ordered last Sunday, Oct 3 and got is this Tuesday the 12th., so even with Thanksgiving in there, a week is a pretty reasonable turnaround time.

I have one of those KitchenAid immersion blenders - awesome tool and I mix up a scoop of the whey Protein, a c. of frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries?) and 2 tsp. of Splenda in 8 oz. of no-fat or 1% milk. It turns it into a great thick breakfast shake. I don't think you will be disappointed!

I am 3 months. post-op today and in 8 days, I GAINED a lb. - no after work happy hour OR jalapeno chips since the weekend so I'm a bit bummed about that. :)

Tried a ham & cheese on a Kaiser bun last night for supper and that was a disappointment too. Was worried about the bun getting stuck.

For breakfast this morning I'm going to try the whey Protein with no fat, plain yogurt & strawberries. Will let you know how that is.

Have a great weekend! :)

Miss Bibi,

I actually can't drink anything too thick in the am, I even have a hard time getting cottage cheese down at lunch time. I did buy berries and splenda for tomorrow morning :). I found some whey isolate here in town (miracle) but it was very expensive, but I needed some in the interm. Do you just have the one scoop in your milk? It sure is a lot less calories than the meditrim.

Were you able to eat a bun?

Do you figure your at a plateau or do you need a fill?

:smile: HI Girls !! I AM BACK!! I have been on two weeks vacation. It was hard as I was cooking and there was wine and Snacks, but I did't gain I only lost one lb...But that is ok as I was totally out of rountine. I was gald to sit down now and read all of your post. This is a good way for all of us to get the support and engouragement we need. I am thinking I need to get a bit more of a fill to hit the my sweet spot, I will talk to the Nurse at SWLC. Since the last fill I need to be really careful about getting stuck.. but I don't get that really Full feeling.... I do stop eating when I get the pain in my shoulder. It is a good warning sign. And I concure with you as I have found alot of things I cannot eat now also. I am now down 41lbs and I am ready to get back on track and head down the scales!!! :tt2::thumbup:

hey who was ur doc?

CJF - glad your back, missed you on here.

Back2Bestme - I had Dr. Mumford at the SWLC.

I had Dr. Mumford Also... who was your Dr?

hey who was ur doc?

Mine was Dr. Dr. Cobourn. Super nice guy.

Miss Bibi,

I actually can't drink anything too thick in the am, I even have a hard time getting cottage cheese down at lunch time. I did buy berries and splenda for tomorrow morning :thumbup:. I found some whey isolate here in town (miracle) but it was very expensive, but I needed some in the interm. Do you just have the one scoop in your milk? It sure is a lot less calories than the meditrim.

Were you able to eat a bun?

Do you figure your at a plateau or do you need a fill?

Polly, I only have the 1 scoop. I did try the whey Protein with the plain, no fat yogurt and it was awesome! Much more filling than the shake. I think I may have discovered my new fav breakfast! I include the berries but done muck them up with the immersion blender - maybe that's why it's more filling. Oh and the 2 tsp. of Splenda or I find it too tangy.

Remember that the Meditrim was nutritionally complete - hence the high calories @ 3 x's/day. Gak!! That sure is a distant memory, those shakes 3 times/day.....

I managed to manage the Kaiser but I think it's all about those highly refined carbs, isn't it? I'm not sure if I need another fill or not - this morning at Breakfast (with company), you know how you get talking and not really pay attention to how fast you're eating? At a point, I guess I hit the wall, and realized that uh-oh!! Better excuse myself and go and pretend to wash my hands in the bathroom. That was with sausage rounds, scrambled eggs and whole grain toast. That happened to me too, Pasta one night (but only when we're dining with others!) My husband will say when it's only he & I, remember not to eat too fast but he can't really say that around a table full of people LOL!!! But he knows that when I excuse myself, that I'm having trouble.

So because of that, I'm not sure if I've plateau-ed or if I need a titch more of a fill. We'll see!

:) HI Girls !! I AM BACK!! I have been on two weeks vacation. It was hard as I was cooking and there was wine and Snacks, but I did't gain I only lost one lb...But that is ok as I was totally out of rountine. I was gald to sit down now and read all of your post. This is a good way for all of us to get the support and engouragement we need. I am thinking I need to get a bit more of a fill to hit the my sweet spot, I will talk to the Nurse at SWLC. Since the last fill I need to be really careful about getting stuck.. but I don't get that really Full feeling.... I do stop eating when I get the pain in my shoulder. It is a good warning sign. And I concure with you as I have found alot of things I cannot eat now also. I am now down 41lbs and I am ready to get back on track and head down the scales!!! :tt2::thumbup:

Welcome back!! Wow, cj, at least you have that warning pain in your shoulder! I don't get any warning, but when I feel that need to sorta burp, then I know I've gone too far....:tt2:

Congrats on your weight loss thus far!! We should all give ourselves a big pat on the back.

I made myself a whole wheat rotini & ground beef casserole tonite - should last me the whole week!! How does one make a casserole for 1 person LOL!!! My husband's helping our cottage neighbours build their cottage so he's gone all week. I haven't had whole wheat Pasta since being banded so I'll see if I can tolerate it.

TTYL!

:smile:

So, as good as my whole wheat Pasta casserole is, I've decided that after 3 days of having it for lunch, it just isn't the greatest choice to sustain my hunger until suppertime. AND, I realized that with my fruit & yogurt the past couple of mornings, I've been forgetting to add my whey protein!!! That explains why it wasn't holding me over till lunch. So it's been kind of a disappointing week for me thus far......:w00t:

Put a call in to SWLC to have a titch more of a fill. They aren't very quick to answer back, I must say!

BB

:)