Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aussie lady awaiting lapband, want to be my friend?

Hi there,

I'm a 32 year old mum living in Perth, Australia. I stumbled across this website and have spent hours on here already reading blogs and checking out peoples pics. I am probably going in for surgery in the next few months and would love to chat with others that are starting out and also, if anyone who has already been banded wants to take me under their wing I would be very appreciative:smile2:

Hi I'm 23 from kwinana in perth. I've only been banded a month but I would love to be your friend

Hi

I'm 28 from UK, being banded in 2 weeks (5th Aug).

Looking forward to getting it over with!

How are you feeling... are you nervous?

xx

Howdy from Texas! I am 50 and have been banded 10 days. I would love to be your friend! Grew up reading books about Australia, would love to go sometime. My DH went when he was in the USAF but only got to hang out in Darwin for a day or so. Certainly some of his favorite memories.

Emsey, Im not really nervous, more impatient! I have my initial consult in 3 weeks and it could be a couple of months after that. I have been told that I will be done before christmas.

Dry Gulch, how are you feeling 10 days post op?

Who's your surgeon suzie

I feel pretty good now. They had to fix a hiatal hernia and I was convinced (before I knew about the hernia) that I could feel the band. Kinda made me queasy. But now I can't feel anything so I think it was just the hernia healing. Guessing though. The liquid diet was difficult and was really happy to start adding real foods, even pureed! It wasn't difficult because I was hungry, just not satisfied. I had a lot of trouble the first few days out staying hydrated, till I was reminded to chew ice! Went to a local fast food place and bought a bag of tiny soft ice and that solved that problem. I am glad I did it but have to admit, the first several days weren't that great. Pain wasn't bad at all, just didn't have any energy and was so tired.

Who's your surgeon suzie

I'm going with Dr Kevin Dolan. Haven't heard any reviews about him so I hope he is good.

Hello :) Nice to meet you ! I am in Kalgoorlie and am booked for surgery on the 20th September with Dr Steven Watson.

I have heard Dr Kevin Dolan is very nice and very good at what he does. It was a toss up for me between the two. I ended up going with Dr Watson because lots of people here have used him with excellent results.:thumbup:

Hi ...I usually don`t check this forum BUT the word Aussie stuck out..

I usually post in the sixties forum or the Australian Forum here ..

I also belong to a Australian group...

www.bandingtogether.com.au

Check it out if you have time for more than one chat group ..quite a few members there and some from your area and with the doctor you have mentioned...

As you can see by my siggy (weight loss ticker) I was banded on 24th Feb 2010..I decided I was not going to be obese for my next birthday..

Good Luck on the new journey your about to take , all I can say is I wished I had done it sooner ..I am soooooooooooo

Happy with my band...:)

All the Best ..

Marion aka Majj

Hey I think I just welcomed you in the Australian Group suzie..lol..

never mind its late and I am tired...lol..

Edited by Majj

HI! I'm from Illinois. being banded in 2 weeks (Monday August 9th). I'm excited for all of us starting our new lives! :)