Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5 weeks out and have terrible stomach issues, about two hours after i eat i end up in the restroom, i am now eating only once a day out of fear of getting sick, i have not seen anything on here about this problem, i am not sure this is right and am getting worried, i have my first fill next week and am down 22lbs, anyone else having this issue?

Are you throwing up or having bowel movements? For the first month of being banded anytime I would introduce a food back into my diet I would get the worst diarrhea about an hour or two after. Then no matter what I ate that day it was the same thing. Everyday it was like this, I figured it was just my stomach getting use to normal foods again, sometimes I still have the problem but I do have a plastic thing around my stomach , so I just deal with it!

it is diarrhea, it is awful and about everyday!!!!

I am 3mos+ out ( banded 4/9/10 ) and I just started having this problem last week. But like you it is EVERY day and I am hardly eating anything because of it. I talked to my surgeons office today and they say it is not band related.... I am not so sure. I have an appointment tommorrow with my primary physician.... we will see. But it is making me wonder if I did the right thing or not

Good Luck I hope it ends soon for you

I agree with the "call your primary care physician". Here are some thoughts:

Are you eating anything different? Like Meal Replacement shakes that you might not be tolerating? Nuts or Protein bars? New Vitamins? Sugar substitutes?

It might be an allergy to something you are eating, or even some kind of bug you are working through. I had a lactose issue with Meal Replacement shakes and it was very difficult for awhile. Once I figured out the issue and changed it up, my symptoms improved.

Best wishes, feel better............

For me nothing is any different... same Protein Shake, yogurt, salad with grilled chicken etc

I'm having the opposite problem. I have to take a pill a couple of times a week to get things going. I'm only 3 weeks out, so maybe that will change. I've had stomach problems for years. Maybe someday when I'm at a normal weight, it won't be such an issue!

This is interesting, because it IS hard to see how its band related, but I've been having issues all year and I'm almost five years out.

I'm having a colonoscopy in a few weeks to check things out. I have constant low grade diarrhoea meaning, not copious like when you're ill but an urge to go that is really just a wet fart, sorry for that lovely description. A bit of bleeding and every day after lunch, huge bloating and gassiness.

The surgeon thinks its "inflammation".

I notice diet affects it. I can manage it with an excellent diet - high fibre, every day I eat prunes and some pumpkin seeds and lots of vegetables, if I slip and go back into sugary foods and too carby a diet, I'm awful to live with because the gas is absolutely foul.

I'm not a lot of help, but I would say at 5 weeks out, I'd still be thinking its just a matter of adjusting. You've had a markedly altered diet over the past few weeks and are moving onto solid foods, its going to affect your system.

I am 5 weeks out and have terrible stomach issues, about two hours after i eat i end up in the restroom, i am now eating only once a day out of fear of getting sick, i have not seen anything on here about this problem, i am not sure this is right and am getting worried, i have my first fill next week and am down 22lbs, anyone else having this issue?

You should keep track of what you're eating. It is possible that you're experiencing a mild form of dumping syndrome like people with the bypass tend to experience. Track it for a few days maybe something will tip you off. (my trigger is cream if its too heavy sometimes.) good luck and feel better!

I noticed that too...and realized it was the chewable multiviatamin I was taking....switched and the problem went away! this has proven itself to me again this week...ran out of new Vitamin had to take old vitamin for a few days and bam...the runs were back (sorry if that is gross haha) you might want to try a new vitamin