Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability thread for October Bandsters!

Good to read a lot of the successes of the 2009 October Bandsters! I'm an October 2010 newbie, but so far I think think the band is the best thing ever. I'm down 28 lbs, just had my 3rd fill today and so far, no issues :-) I feel guilty sometimes when I read posts from folks who are really having a rough time... so far everything has been easier than I thought it would. I'm rarely really really hungry and it's amazing to me how much not feeling hungry has helped calm the "hunger" in my head. Definitely wasn't "perfect" over the holidays being on vacation, but now time to get more serious and start working out! Now that the ball is rolling... I'm more motivated to kick it up a notch and lose more. 28 lbs feels really good... so I know the next 28 will feel even better... and the next 28, and the next :-) Congrats to everyone on here!

Welcome to the thread, Texanne. 28lbs within 3 months is pretty good. Congrats on the weighloss so far and I`m glad you`ve not had any issues with your band. I agree with you, it`s a good and helpful tool. Keep up the good work and keep us updated on your progress.

Hi Girls, how`s it going? Hope you`re all doing well. I`m fine, just was a bit naughtie yesterday.

I had 2 glasses of baileys and chocolate (a few from a milk tray). I enjoyed the baileys but not the chocolates. One of those nights that you`re forced to watch sports and somehow manage to stuff your face without justification.

One thing is for sure, I`ve begun behaving myself today and I`m going to follow it through. Well, I`ll let you know soon enough.

HDmama, good to read from you. Hope you enjoyed your break. LOL. I`m sure the 4lbs will fall off soon.

I`m doing well so far but it will be great to reach my goal at a point. Need to get my trainers on.

4 pounds is now gone....now to get the last 10 off, LOL.

How's the weather with you Claire? My in-laws will be going home this week, and they are bracing themselves for the cold (hopefully not still snowing like when they left).

4 pounds is now gone....now to get the last 10 off, LOL.

How's the weather with you Claire? My in-laws will be going home this week, and they are bracing themselves for the cold (hopefully not still snowing like when they left).

Hoorah, I`m glad you`ve shifted those 4lbs. I guess they did not get the opportunity to stick. Good for you. The last 10 will eventually come off.

The weather is as British as ever. The snow has stopped and melted away but we`ve been hit continously by rain for the past 5 days. The rugby boys played last weekend, one in Newport and the weather was alright in Wales. It`s not cold though. We`re at 10 to 13 degrees now.

Hope the New Year is treating you all well.

Where is everybody? Missing you since I`m feeling pretty lonely here.

Well, I`m doing well but have been fighting with the carb and nuts monster recently. It`s amazing though that I didn`t do the alcohol phase for a lengthy period. Very proud of my pretty little socks. LOL Chocolates were not an issue this X`mas at all so that`s an achievement too.

I`ll like to hear from all of you, Claire.

Hey Claire, I have been working like a dog, there are so many tax forms to fill out at the end of the year.

I have just been eating normal stuff and staying away from the sweets as much as possible. I have noticed an increase in the size of my meals are larger and I get hungry faster, but it is so much easier to eat with my band semi loose so I guess I have to decide easy to eat but hungrier or harder to eat but satisfied on less and longer. I am going the easy way for now. :rolleyes:

I have a new youtube channel that I am posting pictures of my new puppy if you are lonely they are great therapy. Sugarbaby the green eyed monster

I hope your weather clears up soon, its been crappy here too. :angry:

Ohh, Sugarbaby is so sweet. Is Jace your too? I hope you get some relief from work soon.

The weather situation is getting tedious and there is a rain forecast for tonight as well but I guess it could be worse. Can`t complain.

I'm still having issues figuring out this new setup on this site :blink: .

All is well here...it's been beautiful weather here, which makes me NOT want to spend it cooped up in an office, but hey, I'm grateful for a job, so I'll shut up :D .

I'm pretty much just maintaining, but I've started recommitted to the exercise, so I'm sure it will eventually start making a difference (whether that is in size or pounds, I have no idea, but I guess I'll take either).

Talk about the new setting being confusing. I`ve just about got it in the office since they messed with it. I`m now getting used to it though.

Maintenance is good, HDmama. Provided you`re not gainning, hun. Good for you to be doing well with the exercise. I attempted to walk yesterday but the ground was frosted and it was freezing. I compensated with shopping though.

I`ve shopped for 4 days in a row and it can be quite exhausting and utter waist of money in this austerity period! I`m enjoying it though but worried that too soon I will have to change the wardrobe all over again.

I`m doing well, just a bit slow in the mornings because I get cloggy and can`t face food, not even liquids. I need to do something about it so any suggestions and / or telling off welcomed. Hope you`re all doing well.

I am at goal. Well, I weighed myself this morning and was at goal! I guess I have been for a little while but has not been bothered with the scales. Well, now the actual work (maintenance) begins. This is when I usually fail during my Yo-Yoing times. However, it took shorter periods then to lose the weight. It`s taken me 3-4 times longer to lose the weight this time and guess what? This time I have my trusted tool to assist me. To say I`m elated is an understatement.

I mentioned that I`ve been shopping a lot recently. I went with the DH on two occassions and he offered me money for TT. He put it nicely though. Whilst I was trying on many of the increasingly smaller sizes, he was in the fitting room and said we have to do something aobut the stretchmarks caused by the birth of the children. I`m going to save towards it. He was quite sensitive about it which made me think about it. Not going through with it now though. I will like to maintain for a while first.

Cindylou, how did the consideration of your TT go? If I go through mine, it will be done by my wls surgeon whom I trust.

I am at goal. Well, I weighed myself this morning and was at goal! I guess I have been for a little while but has not been bothered with the scales. Well, now the actual work (maintenance) begins. This is when I usually fail during my Yo-Yoing times. However, it took shorter periods then to lose the weight. It`s taken me 3-4 times longer to lose the weight this time and guess what? This time I have my trusted tool to assist me. To say I`m elated is an understatement.

I mentioned that I`ve been shopping a lot recently. I went with the DH on two occassions and he offered me money for TT. He put it nicely though. Whilst I was trying on many of the increasingly smaller sizes, he was in the fitting room and said we have to do something aobut the stretchmarks caused by the birth of the children. I`m going to save towards it. He was quite sensitive about it which made me think about it. Not going through with it now though. I will like to maintain for a while first.

Cindylou, how did the consideration of your TT go? If I go through mine, it will be done by my wls surgeon whom I trust.

Claire - that's FANTASTIC!!!! Congratulations on getting to goal - my weight is still not budging despite the exercise :angry: ...but I'll continue on my path - it has to start up again eventually (at least that's what I'll keep telling myself). I'm still about 7 pounds from my "goal", although I have to admit that I'm really happy (size wise) with where I am now - it seems easy to maintain at this weight so if/when I make it to goal, I'll just have to assess if that seems too difficult to maintain - I don't want to be forever obsessed with calorie counting and exercising, you know?

It's supposed to be another beautiful weekend weather wise, so I plan on going for a long overdue bike ride. I need to get my act together as I'm part of a triathlon team at work and will be doing the 18 mile bike portion in October. I'm not terribly worried about though since I normally ride 20+ miles routinely when the weather is nice enough to ride - although I've never really worried about speed, so that should be the challenging part for me, LOL.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

HDmama, I totally agree with you about not being obsessive about calory counting. I know exactly what you mean because I`ve been like that in a while and has not bothered with the scales as well. You will reach goal eventually. Good luck with your preparation towards the bike ride in October. I`m doing the 10k midnight walk with some friends in June but that will not take much.

I`m glad the weather is grea where you are. Our`s has improved drastically as well apart from some frost in the mornings. It`s still cold but the sun shines through.

I`m looking at joinning a zumba class. I`m trying to get one of the rugby boys to go with me but they are not giving in. I guess I`m on my own.

I`ve been a bit tight today and experiencing headache as well so not feeling great. Well, tomorrow will be another day.

Have a good weekend, you all!

Hey girls! I'm still here buried in paperwork but I am almost through. I haven't been checking in daily like I had been but hopefully once I finish all the reports I can.

Congratulations Claire! I'm so happy for you, maintenance is a breeze. I'm sorry your not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon. I always look at my wrinkly stomach and wonder about a TT but I cant decide whether I would dislike the wrinkly/stretchmarks or the TT scar worse, and since the stretchmarks are free, I am sticking with them for now. :lol:

HD-- I really cant get motivated to even want to exercise, I am hoping that in the spring I will feel more energetic. I just don't care, its kind of sad.

Thanks, Leigha. Hopefully, the paper work gets resolved soon.

As I mentioned, I have been quite unwell and I don`t know whether it`s the flu or something else. I`ve therefore not been able to eat well at all. The DH panicked whilst rubbing ointment into my back tonight and said I was getting too thin!

What a bummer? because I`ve been getting the flack from others for so long but not from him. My hope is that when I recover from my illness and start eating well, I will fill up a bit.

Hope you`re all doing well.

Thanks, Leigha. Hopefully, the paper work gets resolved soon.

As I mentioned, I have been quite unwell and I don`t know whether it`s the flu or something else. I`ve therefore not been able to eat well at all. The DH panicked whilst rubbing ointment into my back tonight and said I was getting too thin!

What a bummer? because I`ve been getting the flack from others for so long but not from him. My hope is that when I recover from my illness and start eating well, I will fill up a bit.

Hope you`re all doing well.

Claire - hope you feel better soon! I had to laugh at you trying to get one of the rugby boys to go to Zumba - now THAT is something I'd love to see, LOL. My DH wouldn't be caught dead doing something like that :lol: .

Leigha - yeah, I was like that for exercise pretty much all of November/December - I was trying to get motivated, but just couldn't bother. I'm just really trying to see if I can get to goal and I feel like that's the only piece that can be improved on (I couldn't possibly eat less!).

Hope everyone has a great week.