Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability thread for October Bandsters!

LargeMediumSmall, welcome to the thread. You seem to be in a very good and peaceful space. Good weightloss as well, congrats. 5cc and you`re feeling tight? That`s great bcause I`m at 8cc and still feel slightly loose but I`m alright with that, especially now that X`mas is approaching. I`m 5.7ish and pretty athletic looking as well so one always looks slight as compared to weight. I love your spirit, hun. Keep up the good work.

Leigha, you know I`m a fun, right? You`re inspirational, 2lbs gain and all. Hun I`m glad you`ve enjoyed the eggnog, Cookies etc.

You and I now need to get our act together in preparation towards X`mas. I`m setting a mini challenge for us. You lose the 2lbs before the x`mas and I`ll lose 5lbs. Deal? Let me know. I`m however starting tomorrow so looking forward to you joining me.

HDmama, Missed you loads. Maintenance is good. Still cannot maintain as well. Either going down or up, bummer!

Rein it in with us from tomorrow. Mini challenge, you say no to the cookies and candies and I`ll say no to the excessive carb I`ve been eating recently. Deal?

The weather`s been pretty miserable this side of the pond. Good escape for your relatives. Still in the minus but the snow has melted where I am but there is another forcast at the moment so we are bracing ourselves for that. I guess I`m keeping warm with all the carbs I`m eating at the moment.

Well it stops tomorrow so I`m meeting my challenge by X`mas. Watch this space. I`ll let you know.

Okay, so being that I'm only seeing this now - I guess I didn't start with you today, LOL. I'm on it tomorrow though. I vow to step away from the cookies (and candy)....at least until Xmas day ;)

Okay, so being that I'm only seeing this now - I guess I didn't start with you today, LOL. I'm on it tomorrow though. I vow to step away from the Cookies (and candy)....at least until Xmas day ;)

Yes, it`s a challenge! I started today. It`s only been half a day but I intend to keep at it till X`mas day. HDmama I`m holding you to your vow, hun.

Yes, it`s a challenge! I started today. It`s only been half a day but I intend to keep at it till X`mas day. HDmama I`m holding you to your vow, hun.

So I was very good yesterday - not a single sweet passed my lips :) . So far, so good today....now if I could just get myself on the treadmill, I might actually lose a pound or two, LOL.

So I was very good yesterday - not a single sweet passed my lips :) . So far, so good today....now if I could just get myself on the treadmill, I might actually lose a pound or two, LOL.

Of course, 1-2lbs loss is achievable. Well done for saying NO to those monster sweets. LOL. I`ve been very good on the carb front as well. 2 days without indulging in processed carbs. I`ve cut it down considerably but not reduced my calory intake drastically. That will be madness since it will lead to binging over christmas.

The weather is still miserable (snow and still in the minus). Still not finished my shopping so I guess that`s exercise enough. LOL. Well, the prove will be in the pudding. No pun intended. I`ll be weighing myself on Friday. There is no change in the clothes feel though.

Hey Girls, Sorry I have been gone for a couple of days and I just saw the challenge. I was 135 on the dot this morning so thats good but the weekend is here and I am going to be doing a lot of baking so I might have to lose those 2 pounds again next week. But the good news is Excuse Month is almost over and by January the everyday of "lets eat junk" will be over. I could not be happier, so far I have stayed in my normal range for the month of December, I have always gained at least 10-15 pounds in this month. I love my band.

Hey Girls, Sorry I have been gone for a couple of days and I just saw the challenge. I was 135 on the dot this morning so thats good but the weekend is here and I am going to be doing a lot of baking so I might have to lose those 2 pounds again next week. But the good news is Excuse Month is almost over and by January the everyday of "lets eat junk" will be over. I could not be happier, so far I have stayed in my normal range for the month of December, I have always gained at least 10-15 pounds in this month. I love my band.

The baking periods are always the ones. It amazes me how easily cakes and processed carbs slide down. Well, if you`re going to indulge, enjoy yourself doing so because at 135 you`ve earned the right to have an excuse month, hun. However, I`m glad Thanksgiving is not a big thing this side of the pond. Most of us therefore don`t indulge from November to January. We start over X`mas and carry on until the New Year.

About loving your band, so you should, girl because when / if that tool works it`s a fabulous invention. I know that without it, I would still be Yo-Yoing which is not healthy. Well, let`s know tomorrow whether the cakes made any difference.

Have great weekend girls.

Well, let`s start with the pre-christmas week challenge, when I weighed myself last friday i had lost 3lbs. Not 5lbs as predicted but it felt good having those 3lbs come off because I knew I was going to over-do it during the X`mas period. That said, the band did not allow me to binge! I`m so greatful to it. I drunk a little and ate a few chocolates. Well, when I say a little, I mean about 4 glasses of mulled wine (heavier on brandy than orange juice since it was home-made), half a litre of baileys, 2 large glasses of white wine and a glass of champagne over the course of the X`mas week.

Believe you me, this is a tiny fraction of what it would have been two years ago. The band took well to the alcohol until yesterday when I tried a glass of mulled wine and it came right up again. I guess I`m done for the holidays. I also had just about 50gms of chocolate! Go figure. The food intake as a whole was brilliant. I guess I should say tahnks to my band. It`s gone pretty tight since yesterday though.

X`mas was good but busy as usual. The in-laws stayed for 4 days.

Well, enough about me. How did the X`mas go, Girls? Hope it was enjoyable and not guilt-ridden for any of you since we all need space to enjoy life. Please let me know how it went. If I don`t read from you prior to the new year, I wish you a successful and peaceful one.

HD Mama, sorry I've been gone for a while. How I knew it was time to go to the doctor with him is when, I told him one morning that if I got a email from his teacher that I would go to the school and spank him in front of everyone. I could tell that morning it was agonna be one of those days!! so by noon I had a email, went to the school and went to take him to the principle and the counselor came and wanted to talk with us. She talked with him and she told me that as a mom of 2 boys she would give me a list of doctors and numbers but not as a counselor that they are trained not to get involved. but that she thought that i should carry him to the doctor and see. He has a history of not being able to focus on a task for very long, very forgettful and he would hit his sister when he would get mad at her. even when it was in front of us and he knew that he would be discplined by us. He would be very angry over any little thing and then it was a huge melt down for him. We tried every discpline tecqinue there was and nothing worked. It will make you feel like a horrible parent and I totally understand i thought I would have a nervous breakdown. Now that hes on meds life is so much better at our home. Well I hope this helps

Well Ladies,

If you can believe it I managed to lose 4lbs during the holidays!!! BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW !! With all the goodies that I ate anyway. Hope everyone is doing well.

The new year will be a new challenge for us all !! good luck

Wow Cindylou, 4lbs over the holidays is great! Well done, Girl. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning to see how I did.

Weighed myself this morning. I lost no weight at all but didn`t put any on. Go figure! 3lbs to goal but I guess this is going to take forever. That is if i don`t put more weight on. Hope you`re all feeling great after the hols. We`ve still got new Year`s eve and the day itself to go. Happy New Year, Ladies.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL. May the year 2011 be a successful and insightful one. My wish is that we are all granted our wishes in the coming year.

I`ve been behaving myself since the 27th minus exercise. However, shopping is giving me the exercise I need. I can`t stop shopping since everything looks great on me and the sales make the clothes and shoes even more attractive. It`s a pain giving my old clothes and shoes away though since they cost a fortune. My shoe size has moved down from 7 to 7 and half to size 6.

I had different sizes of wardrobe because of my yo-yo dieting but I`ve now dropped down below all of them bar one 4 piece suite and a pair of jeans that I`m in now. That accounts for my frenzy shopping spree. This time I`m going to give the whole wardrobe away because I`m not going back and that`s a promise to myself.

Hope to read from you at the other side of the year.

Happy New Year! I guess I am going to spend one more day celebrating and then everything left goes in the trash! I have been so lazy, its so much easier to eat crap than my Protein, my hair may all fall out in a month or so. I haven't weighed and I am not going to until Monday but I am probably 137 or so....yikes!

I have developed a new hobby of making sausages and other smoked, or cured meats. Tomorrow I am making Gyro's and Marquez sausage (a spicy lamb sausage with North African roots). I'll let y'all know how that goes.

I also got a new puppy, her name is Sugarbaby. She is really sweet, she goes to work with me and I am really enjoying her, she sleeps through the night and is nice and calm. :D

How sweet sugarbaby is, Leigha. Enjoy him/her.

Home-made sausages, wow what a hobby? Any reason for that? How did the 1st counselling session with hubby go?.

In relation to the weight, 137 will be out of your identified range so you will need to work a little harder then but knowing you, you will get rid of the excess in no time. Good luck. I drunk my calories during the holiday period but I`ve put a stop to that and I`m now behaving myself (ish! LOL).

Happy New Year ladies....back to reality :o .

CindyLou - thanks for the info - I'm wondering if I may be in the same boat at some point :( .

Okay, so I behaved myself right up until Christmas Eve...and then I basically tossed out all the rules and ate whatever I felt like....the result? I put on 4 pounds between Christmas Eve and yesterday when I finally got on the scale to face the music. On the positive side - on Saturday morning, I did get up and started working out again (which I had stopped doing basically the entire month of December and probably some of November) - needless to say, I was sore when I woke up yesterday, LOL. So I'm getting my act together, I trashed all the junk food that was left (which was massive), and I'm working out every day again (despite my aching muscles). I'm fairly certain I'll lose these 4 pounds pretty fast now that I'm back on track (usually if I gain that much so fast, it doesn't stick if I get back to reality---and I'm hoping the same will be true this time).

Leigha - what a CUTE puppy - so sweet!

HDmama, good to read from you. Hope you enjoyed your break. LOL. I`m sure the 4lbs will fall off soon.

I`m doing well so far but it will be great to reach my goal at a point. Need to get my trainers on.