Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First day of liquid diet...

Surgery on the 30th!!! But these Protein shakes!!! One word YUCK!!! For the love of god will someone please tell me how to thin this stuff out!!! Made mine with crystal lite and crushed the ice and it's foamy!!! Been sitting here 20 mins staring at the cup hoping it will evaporate... Husband is nagging me to drink up but the thickness makes me gag!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm on day 5 on my liquid diet... It sucks, period. LOL. What kind of Protein Shakes are you drinking??

it's the Bariatric Advantage strawberry taste picked it up at the md's office next time i'll go to Walmart and by the one that has zero flavor!!

Hey---sorry to hear of your Protein Shake issues! I'm on day 9 of my liquid diet and I agree---it sucks! However, I have no problems with the Protein I bought. It's actually quite good. I got it at a place called Vitamin World. The protein is call "Precision Engineered whey Protein" and I got the natural flavor. I mix 2 scoops with 1 1/2 cups of skim milk. shake it up and I swear---it tastes just like milk left over from when you've had a big bowl of Frosted Flakes. I've tried it with Water and while it isn't that great, you could definitley add it to Koolaid or something. Anyhoo---just a thought for you to look into...This liquid is no fun and it's not easy---so every little idea to make it better counts! Good luck!! We'll be Bandster's before you know it!!

Lucy,

I am also on day 1 of the Protein pre-op diet. When I was at the Dr's yesterday, I showed her a printout of a Protein Drink I got at Walmart. She said it was fine to take.

It's called Body Fortress Whey Protein (Chocolate). I bought the 2 pound can and it's not bad stuff. Give it a try, I mix mine with skim milk and wash it down :cool:

Michael

Hello Everyone!

I am scheduled to have Lapband on 7/22/10...

I am on the 3rd day of this horrible liquid diet also.. I found a variety pack Isopure punches at GNC, not milk based! Flavors are grape, pineapple banana, cherry, apple, etc... It is kind of expensive though... $17.00 for 6 bottles. 1 bottle has 40g of Protein though....I find it is easier to drink these than the milk shakes... Put in a blender with ice to make a slush!! I have been drinking flavored Water, broth and juice from my vegetable Soup I made earlier... I am still hungry though!!!!

I am using the Muscle Milk Light from GNC - 190 calories per shake and 25 grams of Protein. It is actually kind of good and if you don't like the foam, just put the powder in a shaker with Water - skip the blender and the ice - then you can thin it out pretty easily to whatever consistency you like.

I am supposed to start in two days, but I decided to start today because I knew I would need a day or two to get over the lack of coffee. The diet SUUUCCCKKSSS big black donkey d**ks. I have a terrible headache and would sell my first born male child for carbs and sugar right now....good thing I don't have one.

I know it will get better, usually the first two days of high Protein, low carb are pretty miserable, but I know I can lose weight on it. *sigh* just 16 more days to go. Oh man I'm dying here.:)

Wickwit u never had me laugh so hard.. I'll know better next time than to read one of your post while trying to keep up with a conversation on the phone... Had my daughter n law been in front of me i would have spit in her ear!!! Can't wait for this to be over... After reading some of the other posts i'm heading to the first GNC I find for that Isopure stuff anything has got to be better than these thick ass shakes!!!

missnursette thanks for the info... So glad to rid myself of these yucky shakes.. Just how many of those do u drink in a day... And if your think ur hungry girl i'm starving... Are these doctors madd? Hello if this was a way to lose weight I would not have to go through surgery!!!

I have my surgery on the 4th as well. I am starting my liquid diet on Wednesday. Not looking forward to it but I have a lot of support. I hear the Isopure is pretty yucky.

Oh gosh I hope not... Heck I'll mix it with crystal lite if I have to!! I just can not keep up with these thick ass shakes!!!!

The Isopure is 2-3 per day! Also, skim milk, 1 scoop of vanilla Protein powder, frozen berries and ice in blender makes an awesome smoothie.... I prefer that over EVERYTHING else..

I am starting to get nauseated when I even hear the word protein!!! LOL!!..