Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rice and Pasta

I'm curious...when were some of you able to eat rice and Pasta? ?

I'm at 4 weeks post op, and on "puree" stage. But I'm allowed to eat something called knäckebröd here (aka large sized hard cracker bread) and mashed/pressed potatoes as my starches. But I'm dying to eat some rice or pasta instead. Not a big fan for potatoes.

I mean..if you chew the hell out of it and grind it down before swallowing then it is sort of pureed before it hits the tummy. lol. Right? hehehe

I can't wait to be done with this crap and able to eat real food. :sad:

After I was on a regular diet post-op and before fills I could eat all Pasta, rice, and bread. Even now I can eat most.

I have problems with very doughy breads, like soft french bread or Bagels, and sometimes with sticky rice. I can do most Pasta but I have to go very slowly with lasagna noodles.

My band is pretty loose.

Just take it very easy at first. Even if you chew the heck out of it, some starchy foods seem to re-group in the pouch and form a plug.

Ive been banded 2 years now and to this day can not eat,bread,rice,or Pasta (thank God) if i was still able to eat those things i would have never lost the weight i have lost so far

I have been banded for 1 year and can not eat rice or Pasta.< /p>

I have been banded for 1 1/2 years and never had a problem with rice or Pasta. For bread, I now buy the bagel flats or flat bread sandwich rolls, I toast them and make sandwiches on them. It's great for burgers also.

I have no idea! I've been banded for 6 months, and potatoes, Pasta, and rice haven't been part of my repertoire since I started my preop diet. I will add some whole grains back in when I reach 75% of excess weight lost.

Never touch the stuff..................fear if its white ! just saying