Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week one - I ate a cookie@#!@#!@#!

I am so hungry. Or at least I think I am. I did so well on the pre-op diet and did not stray/cheat. Today I am climbing the walls and ate a cookie.

This makes no sense to me. I put myself through all the pain and discomfort of surgery. Missed work. My self discipline is already crumbling??

Did I make the right decision in having the surgery? If I am crubmbling now - how am I going to make it through the next several weeks?

Weeks one and two post op are to be liquids and Protein.< /p>

Very discouraged.

Dont sweat it. I was way more disiplined in my pre op diet and then right after surgery, like 4 days after, my hunger came back and, to my horror, I found I could eat most foods. My doc was laid back about food and wanted me to progress to normal food within 2 weeks.

I think b4 surgery you are so focused on the surgery and you think that all your food cravings and hunger will be gone. When they arent it is a little jolting.

I am doing much better now in week 3 and if all you ate is a cookie then you are fine! :) good luck

Ok, I can totally relate!! I was banded on June 30th, and today is SUPPOSED to be my first day of "soft" foods...but I have been having a bite of things here and there. I feel so terrible about myself. It's so hard with no restriction!! I feel like I have no self control. CANNOT wait for those fills!!

I think we have to just make up our minds to start fresh and not beat ourselves up about it. Today is a new day!

Hang in there you will be fine. I was banded on March 29, so I am almost 4 months out. the same thing happened to me, once I figured out i COULD STILL EAT, I did. Just like they said above, i was so focused on having surgery i never even realized I would be hungry, and i was very hungry. I worked through it and you will too! I have now had 3 fills, and lost 40lbs, just take it one day at a time, i had to break up with my lover affair of food.....Just now am I fully following all rules and staying right on top of everything. So hang in there, you will have ups and downs, but you will figure it out!

Dont sweat it. I was way more disiplined in my pre op diet and then right after surgery, like 4 days after, my hunger came back and, to my horror, I found I could eat most foods. My doc was laid back about food and wanted me to progress to normal food within 2 weeks.

I think b4 surgery you are so focused on the surgery and you think that all your food cravings and hunger will be gone. When they arent it is a little jolting.

I am doing much better now in week 3 and if all you ate is a cookie then you are fine! :) good luck

Wow I couldn't have said it any better myself! Thanks for this.

OP, don't stress too much. We are all going to have slip ups from time to time. The best thing for you to do is chalk it up and move on. If it makes you feel better do some kind of workout to work it off.

However, its really important to stick to your post-op diet that your doctor prescribes. Most doctors have one and some are more strict than others. :eek:

OMG OMG OMG OMG YOU ATE A COOKIE! YOU WILL DIIIIIIE.

Seriously? A cookie. Ok.

I know how u feel avargas18. I'm 1 year post-op. 1 week after surgery I went to a function where they were serving brownies and I ate 1 or maybe even 2. I don't remember but I do remember the guilt. I was worried that I messed up my surgery since I was supposed to be on liquids basically, but I was sooooo hungry. Also cheating made me feel bad too. I understand that is 'bandster hell' That wasn't the only time I cheated early on either but I tried my best to stick 2 my docs reccomendations. That's the best anyone can do. Keep trying because all your efforts count toward your weight loss. Once u get some real restriction u should be much less hungry.

Previous posters are right... when I was on mushies I had a weak moment where I decided that fritos doused in jalepono cheese dip was a mushie as long as I chewed it up well.... OMG did I feel horrible after that (and it was just a little snack pak size fritos)... but I am 2 1/2 mths out and it does get easier

Welcome to Bandster Hell new bandsters! :)

It is just a phase but one that most, myself included, were not prepared for. It will pass - do the best you can - and don't beat yourselves up too bad.

I assure you it won't be the only bump in the road for your journey. Keep your chin up and focused - it's the long term goals that matter most.

Brad