Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on August 24, 2009, first (and only fill) in November of 2009. For the last couple of months, everytime I eat it comes back up. It's mostly slime and foam but sometimes is is the little that I just ate. I'm afraid my body is getting conditioned to up choke everytime I eat. You would think that weight would be dropping fast but in instead it has slowed to almost nothing. Any ideas???:)

You need to go to your doctor. Maybe a slipped band, or eroded? Good Luck! You should not feel like this!

I am so glad that I found you Vicki! I was banded 4 days after you (8/28/09) and I am having the same problem. On a good day, I throw up once. Yesterday was a very bad day--5 times. I would love to have a couple of bites of fish or vegetables but how can I when cranberry juice comes back up? I am sitting at my computer, typing this reply in the middle of the night, nursing a Protein Shake. I am SO hungry! I've managed 3 sips in 30 minutes. Yes, I am too tight.

So why would an intelligent, 54 year old woman put up with this disgusting secret for almost 3 months? I don't want to gain any of my weight back. I've lost 64 lbs. and my doctor made it very clear that if you have an unfill, he will take everything (7 cc.) out and I will have to start over again. I don't want to be fat again! The old feelings that made me overweight are still there.

After a very unpleasant dinner tonight at Texas Roadhouse where I ate 2 bites of sweet potato & 1 bite of chili, I had an embarassing sliming scene in the car on the way home. My sweet husband came to me and said, "Ginger, you have got to call the doctor on Monday morning. This is no way to live. Maybe he will take out .5?" Of course, DH is right. This is no way to live. Whether my doctor totally or partially unfills me, I have got to go see him and get this taken care of.

I have had a major unfill and I am still having the same problem. I have 7 cc in my band now and I had 9 before. When I had the original 7 in my band it was no problem, now I feel like I slime up everything I eat. However, sometimes I wonder if I am just slimming and throwing up a little just because I am so used to doing it now. Sometimes I wonder is it possible to become bulimic (sp) with the band? I think I may have an issue with that.

Ginny there is no reason why your Dr would need to take everything out. Just a small unfill is usually enough to do the trick. I have had one once and it was no big issue. You have to be able to eat.

You may even find that an unfill will make you start losing again as then you can eat proper food again instead of high cal sliders.

I agree with Elcee..a slight unfill should help you quite a bit. You are too tight.

Teacher07 you concern me as well. Have you spoken to your doctor about possibly having an eating disorder. I have heard about developing eating disorders with the band...similar to what you are saying..forcing the extracting. This is not something to blow off. Please talk to your doctor. You should not do this daily.

I wish both of you the very very best and I hope that you both contact your doctors very soon. Take care.

I had the same issue as you. I had a complete unfill. Continued to not be able to get most things down (including Protein shakes at times). Was accused by my surgeon of not eating right, cheating, etc. Come to find out, I had an adhesion UNDER the band. When they took out the fluids, my stomach opening was still basically swollen shut. I had surgery for the adhesions only 3 months before this episode started. My body just didn't "accept" the band and anywhere the band touched, I developed adhesions. You might want to research "band intolerance". Not sayin you have this but it is worth checking into. Good luck.

I have had a major unfill and I am still having the same problem. I have 7 cc in my band now and I had 9 before. When I had the original 7 in my band it was no problem, now I feel like I slime up everything I eat. However, sometimes I wonder if I am just slimming and throwing up a little just because I am so used to doing it now. Sometimes I wonder is it possible to become bulimic (sp) with the band? I think I may have an issue with that.

My neighbor had a similar problem. He lost all his weight plus more- was about a little over a year out- he then started throwing up and was unable to keep anything down. They found the band had slipped and actually had to have it removed.

I went to my Doctor yesterday and he removed 2cc's of Fluid. Today I have been able to eat and not throw up. This is the first time since last November. Hopefully now my weight loss will increase. I have been counting success in ounces instead of pounds. I have currently lost 70 pounds since last August and have about 35 more to go. Thanks for all of your responses. I shouldn't have waited this long to have some taken out but like others, I didn't want to risk the chance of starting to gain.

Ginny, I would go to my doctor and demand he take some out (and not all). It is not a good feeling going out to eat and having to make my husband stop on the way home 3 times so I could hang my head out of the car and let go. When I went yesterday to have an unfill, my doctor told me I had 5 cc's now and he took 2 cc's out. I feel a lot better. Go for it and be strong.

I am so glad that I found you Vicki! I was banded 4 days after you (8/28/09) and I am having the same problem. On a good day, I throw up once. Yesterday was a very bad day--5 times. I would love to have a couple of bites of fish or vegetables but how can I when cranberry juice comes back up? I am sitting at my computer, typing this reply in the middle of the night, nursing a Protein shake. I am SO hungry! I've managed 3 sips in 30 minutes. Yes, I am too tight.

So why would an intelligent, 54 year old woman put up with this disgusting secret for almost 3 months? I don't want to gain any of my weight back. I've lost 64 lbs. and my doctor made it very clear that if you have an unfill, he will take everything (7 cc.) out and I will have to start over again. I don't want to be fat again! The old feelings that made me overweight are still there.

After a very unpleasant dinner tonight at Texas Roadhouse where I ate 2 bites of sweet potato & 1 bite of chili, I had an embarassing sliming scene in the car on the way home. My sweet husband came to me and said, "Ginger, you have got to call the doctor on Monday morning. This is no way to live. Maybe he will take out .5?" Of course, DH is right. This is no way to live. Whether my doctor totally or partially unfills me, I have got to go see him and get this taken care of.

I was starting to wonder the same about myself. Sometimes one bite of food and I would start getting the feeling that it was not going to stay. I was beginning to think my body had just got conditioned to throwing up.

Great job Vicki for going to the doctor!! You should be feeling so much better now and should start seeing some results!!! Stay positive and make your dream come true!

You're too tight - an unfill will do a WORLD of good! I was too tight for a month, and finally got unfilled a few days ago when I got back in town from vacation...I LOVE FOOD! Ha! Besides that, I lost nothing while too tight - being malnutritioned from throwing everything up, my body went into starvation mode and held onto EVERYTHING. No good...

Since the 1cc unfill last Thursday? I've lost 4 pounds. Nice!

Great News!:grouphug:

I got 2 cc. (from 7 cc.) removed yesterday and I feel wonderful! Y'all were right! My doctor didn't have to completely unfill my band. I am now back at 5 cc. and can drink again. I think my body was in starvation mode because I had lost 20 lbs. since April 15--way too fast. I'm at peace with the fact that I will lose very slowly again. When he took the 2 cc. out, the nurse & I heard a sound that sounded like a smooch or a kiss and then "something" flowing through to my stomach. It was instant relief.

My aha moment was on Sunday when I had to get up in the middle of a church service & go to the restroom because the Lord's Supper wouldn't even go down. My husband is the pastor and he was looking at me like, "Oh brother, here we go again!".

So thanks to all of you for the good advice. I'm on liquids for 3 days and then 3 days of soft foods. That's a breeze considering what I've been through.

Great news Ginny, I have found that eating is enjoyable again since my 2 cc unfill. I have found that I need to be more watchful of the amount I take in now - I don't want to start to gain.

Great News!:grouphug:

I got 2 cc. (from 7 cc.) removed yesterday and I feel wonderful! Y'all were right! My doctor didn't have to completely unfill my band. I am now back at 5 cc. and can drink again. I think my body was in starvation mode because I had lost 20 lbs. since April 15--way too fast. I'm at peace with the fact that I will lose very slowly again. When he took the 2 cc. out, the nurse & I heard a sound that sounded like a smooch or a kiss and then "something" flowing through to my stomach. It was instant relief.

My aha moment was on Sunday when I had to get up in the middle of a church service & go to the restroom because the Lord's Supper wouldn't even go down. My husband is the pastor and he was looking at me like, "Oh brother, here we go again!".

So thanks to all of you for the good advice. I'm on liquids for 3 days and then 3 days of soft foods. That's a breeze considering what I've been through.