Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for Realize Banders

Hey Monkeymama, I have a realize band and I got it on 4/18/2010. My first fill was May 23 and I didn't feel any restriction at all. I got my second fill on June 27th and got very little restriction, but my doctor seems to be very cautious and reserved when it comes to how tight he will make the ban. He said to me, "This is not 1-800-Get-Thin. You will need two years to lose weight slowly. You get better results." So, I'm guessing you are having the same experience that I'm having. I lost 12 pounds after surgery and am holding at that 12 pound mark. No gain, no loss.

I was banded on Feb. 8. I have had 4 fills with 7 cc total. I still do not have restriction. I can still eat a lot more at one sitting than I should. I thought this last one would do the trick, but it hasn't so far. I have lost 45 pounds, and I feel great, but not at restriction yet. I heard it takes longer with the Realize band to reach restriction.

I was banded on Feb. 23, I've lost 46 lbs, I've had 4 fills, but still have not reached that "just right" feeling full point.

The second fill did the trick. I forget what it is exactly. 5 point something in a 10cc band. Went from ravenously being able to eat anything to very nice restriction while still being able to get anything down.

I had surgery on Oct 09.. I have had 3 fills and am currently at 7ccs in a 14cc band and I have restriction am down 60 lbs..

Thanks for your responses.... I got 1cc yesterday for a total of 6cc and I have minimal restriction... meaning I can't eat what I did pre-band but I sure can eat more than I am supposed to.

I am looking at getting banded hopefuly next mon. I am just wondering what you mean when you post you have no restrictions and you do have restrictions...Sorry I am new...:)

Knapp-

having restriction means feeling a tightness in your chest after you eat a few bites of something. It can be painful. If you eat past the pain you will throwup which is not fun.

Having no restriction means you can eat whatever without getting that pain, but you will feel full much sooner than before the band.

They say you should be able to go 4 hours without feeling hungry after the band

As for me I have a realize band and now have 10 cc's I was banded in December. this last fill I got last week is the doozy and I feel everything going down even liquids. I might need to get an unfill which I really don't want but I can't get enough down now to get my Protein in.

Dr. says the manufactuer recommends 11 cc's in the band but they can put up to 23 in it!

I am hoping I will stay at 10 for a long time.

If you want to know more about the band and all that comes with me follow me on my blog

www.bandedup.blogspot.com

I started feeling it significantly with my fourth fill--at about 8.5 ccs. I now have ...I forgot to ask last time!...I'm guessing 9 ccs or so, and am right where I think I need to be. At least for now!