Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

protein shakes/mix??? confused???

Can anyone recommend the best Protein supplement/shake/mix to take for post -op lap band???? I'm confused with what would be okay to take and what's not. I figured only you guys and gals would be able to help me out.

:)

I love Optifast. It is like dessert.

You have to get them a distributor though. Your doctor may be a distributor.

* those on a budget think it is expensive but it really isn't.

are the Optifast shakes what a lot of drs recommend for the clear liquid diet for 2 wks post op?

are the Optifast shakes what a lot of drs recommend for the clear liquid diet for 2 wks post op?

someone please help!

No. shakes are not Clear liquids.

Clear Liquids are broths, coffee, crystal light, etc...

I guess everyone has their favorite. I tried a new one today and liked it so well, I ordered a case of them, and no I do not work for the company. I found them at Krogers grocery store and they were about $8.50 for 4. I got the chocolate. The brand is Zoic. It has 15 gms. Protein, 90 cals, and only 6 gms of carb. Google it, and you can look at the nutritional facts. It comes in cho and vanilla. I ordered a case from Amazon.com for much less money. I would not order a case until I tried one. They taste good to me. Not a bit gritty and no globs of protein in the bottom. They are thin and I think I might add a little milk or coffee creamer if I want something thicker. I am diabetic and have to watch the sugar. I like the lo carb slimfast which is very hard to find in my area, but I noticed they did have them on Amazon.com. I also like the glucose control Boost. They taste great, but quite a few more calories. I usually drink these for a meal, but would drink the Zoic as a treat. You will have to try diffrent ones until you find one you like. Some people love muscle milk. I can't stand them and have poured several down the drain. Good luck.

The Optifast are good but just to pricey for me so I go to Sam's or Walmart and get the EAS carb control and sometimes the Atkins, I really like them both and they don't break the bank.

I use Unjury and mix it with instant carnation no surgar added (chocolate or vanilla). Unjury is 20g of Protein and the carnation is richer tasting and adds another 5-8g of protein! My doctor carries it at his office now, but you can go online to purchase.

Great suggestions! I will have plenty of choices to start out with now...today we picked up the EAS drinks and they tasted pretty good...but I'm glad their are other options available. Again, thanks.