Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So as you might have read in previous thread, my surgery date was announced for this Thursday and I only found out today, which means I haven't done my pre op diet.

My surgeon says its ok but according to other websites I've read, this means I hav a chance they go in and don't proceed. I cant deal with loosing all that money but if I wait ill loose my spot in tertiary college.

I don't know what to do! :'(

My surgeon did not require any pre-op diet, except the usual...no food after midnight the night before. I was on liquids afterward for 2 weeks, then soft foods for 1 wk...and I did great...you will too!

Have no fear...you'll do fine!

Good luck, Joanie :smile2:)

My Dr. didn't require any kind of pre-op diet either. The only pre-op instruction I had was liquids 24 hours before. Before that, it was anything I wanted.:smile2:

I enjoyed those days before surgery because I was eating all of the things I wouldn't eat, or eat much of, again.

I didn't have any problems with the surgery. Afterwards I had 7 days of liquids, 7 days of mushies and then regular food.

Mary

If your surgeon is confident that you'll be fine, you probably will be. You've had pre-surgery tests to check out liver functions and have had your exam so I'd just trust him. My surgeon gave me the two week diet, then his office staff was surprised that I did even the last week of it. He daid only once did he have to close up and reschedule due to liver condition...and that person had had other signs as well but had sworn they had dieted.

no pre-op diet... i pigged out the week before and still got my band... my surgeon didnt require one..

you will be a ok... just follow u surgeons instructions and u will be a okay. he knows what he's doing..

but if your still worried talk to ur surgeon and he will go over it agin.. thats what he is there for

I didn't have a Pre-Op diet either. Just no food past midnight prior to surgery and no liquid after 6:00am on day of surgery. ( my surgery was at 11:00am) So I woke up to a BIG cup of coffee. It was great. Good luck!!!!

Just thought I would let you all know that I've had my surgery, and its all good. Tried to eat some broth and jelly for dinner but could only manage 3 bites of each!

Congrats on your surgery!!!! I would love to hear about how you are feeling and the process of surgery day!!!

My surgeon didnt require me to do a pre op diet as my BMI was 35. I asked him why surgeons differ so much and he said that its a good precaution and he DOES require it of most patients, but that the actual chances of having a liver too large to proceed are very minimal, it barely ever happens.

of course, it does happen, but its not common.