Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So WEAK! No Energy! Help

Hi,

I was banded on Wednesday 6/16. I am feeling so weak. No Energy at all. I understand it has only been 4 days, but will this go away? I have read so many posts saying they have so much more energy, so I do not know why I feel so weak.

I have been taking my mulitvitiamin, and Calcium. I have been drinking my Protein Shakes to try to keep my energy up. I walk at least every 30 minutes and it takes all my energy to do so.

I have very little pain now. All of the pain in my shoulders and throat have dissipated. My only complaint so far is that I have not been able to have a bowel movement since Tuesday 6/15. I hope this goes away soon.

I can deal with alot, but not feeling weak. I can't stand that. I have to go back to work tomorrow and do not want to feel this way.

Am I not taking everything I should? Is there anyone that had this same issue that can give me advice? Please.

Thanks,

:smile2:

I'm so feeling you. I to was suppose to go back to work tomorrow,NO WAY !!!!! I will not be there. I have had a lot of surgeries, but this is way more then I expected. I hope you and I both start to feel better real soon.:smile2:

When was your surgery? I have been searching through some other posts and it seems like the weakness will go away in a couple of days.

I would call in sick but I go on vacation in 9 days. So I don't want to push my luck. I may just work half a day and see how it goes.

I hope we both feel better soon so we can start our journey feeling good about the decision we made.

Thanks for your reply. :smile2:

When was your surgery? I have been searching through some other posts and it seems like the weakness will go away in a couple of days.

I would call in sick but I go on vacation in 9 days. So I don't want to push my luck. I may just work half a day and see how it goes.

I hope we both feel better soon so we can start our journey feeling good about the decision we made.

Thanks for your reply. :smile2:

The day before yours, on the 15th

I had my surgery on Thursday 6/17 and I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow, and grad school starts tomorrow, but I don't think I can do it. This weakness is driving me crazy! I don't even have enough energy to think straight for very long and I can't concentrate. I feel your pain, and I hope the both of us regain our strength.

I too am exhausted! I was banded on the 18th so I am a few days behind you all, but man I am tired. My eyes are puffy and I have no clue how I am going to make it through work onTuesday when I return. I did get out to the store today and I came home and took a 3 hr nap! Oh and did I mention I am SOOO hungry. I really hope that subsides too. My kids dinner smelled so good! UGHHH! Good luck all I can think is protein=energy, so keep up the Protein, remember if you are like me, there are no sugars and everything your body once knew is no longer, so be patient for the body to adjust! Good luck!

So Grateful for these posts!!!! I was banded on June 14th and I was supposed to go back to work tomorrow and I already had to call in! I am still so exhausted!! I too went to the store food shopping and came home and slept for 3 hours. I thought I knew what was in store for me with this surgery, but MAN did it knock me on my butt! So glad to hear we're all feeling the same! Hang in there, better days are coming!

Thank you to everyone. It does make me feel better knowing I am not alone in this. I did stay home from work today, but have to go back tomorrow.

I will stick to the Protein and hope that this weakness will subside soon.

This is completely normal. It actually took a few weeks for me to get my energy back.

If you're having a problem going #2 you should go get yourself some Miralax. It saved my behind...literally! :party: It might not work right away, just be sure to have some everyday until you go and then make sure you're taking a Fiber supplement. I take 3 Fiberchoice chewables a day and I notice when I miss a day or two. :thumbup:

Feel better soon and don't stress! That's only going to make you more tired! :Banane20:

OH! And make sure you're drinking your water! Dehydration will also cause Constipation.< /p>

It might be a little late because you're going back to work, but when I first had my surgery, one requirement from the doctor was to take daily 150mg of coq10 to keep the energy up. I was never tired and actually had energy and wanted to go walking and start exercising. I am still taking them and probably will forever! I would recommend taking it, they really work! Good luck!

That is great information! Thanks! I will try anything at this point:bored: I am still so weak. I am going to buy the coq10 today. Does it come in small pills or chewable?

They don't come in chewables, but they are different sizes depending on the mg size. You can buy 200 mg, but they are huge horse pills! I stick with 100 mg and don't have a problem. It's hard to find the 150mg, so I take 2 of the 100mg a day. The only downside to taking these is that they are a bit pricey. I really hope this works for you! It might take a few days for you to notice a difference. Good luck and keep us posted!!

I totally feel you - I had my surgery on June 11 and tried to go back to work on the 16. I would up leaving halfway thru the day and found that I was running fever from overdoing it. I just needed more rest. So I worked half days until I could get back to a full day. The energy will come back. I am not sure if other posters do this, but I also take a B12 supplement. I buy it from the Vitamin Shoppe (they probably have them where you are) and it is a lozenge, so it just dissolves. It helps some. Good luck! :smile2: