Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm prebanding and one of my biggest concerns is that after having the bad done (not sure which one) that my port will become noticeable. Has anyone had this issue? Any reassurances? Anyone have pics of their port site as they lost weight?

Please help.:devil_smile:

I was worried about that too. I was afraid I would have some big lump sticking out that would look like a third boob or something.

But, that didn't happen. I have the Realize band. My surgery was 4/8/08. So far I a down 120# to a weight of 205. I have never been able to "see the port location". In the beginning I was very aware of its location because there was the scar from the incision. But now, that is almost invisible.

The only time anyone ever notices the port is when I am laying flat on my back...if my wife rest her head on my stomache she can feel the hard spot where the port is located. She can't see it from the outside, but when laying on it, that spot feels different that the rest of my stomache.

So, I don't think you have anything to worry about. You will always know the port is there because it you press on your stomache you can feel it.....but, won't see anything.

We've received one common request over the last year+ from members on LapBandTalk who've undergone or are interested in the Realize® Band procedure: An online community they can call their own.

Following the success of LapBandTalk and VerticalSleeveTalk, we're happy to announce that we've just launched the beta release of the Realize Band Support Community, located at RealizeBandSupport.com . We're confident that you'll find what you're looking for at the new Realize Band Support (RBS) Community.

If you're currently a member of LapBandTalk or VerticalSleeveTalk, you can just log in with your current credentials, there's no need to sign up for a new account.

Log in now to join the REALIZE Band community and become one of our founding members!

Wondering if Realize® Band is the right choice for you? Looking for information and community after your Realize Band Surgery? Look no further. You'll find everything you need at RealizeBandSupport.com .

I started LapBandTalk the night I came home from surgery mid July 2003. Following my own Lap-Band® procedure, I was looking for information and community support. I came across a few helpful web sites, but they all lacked a sense of actually belonging to a group of people who share many similarities, struggles and habits.

After years of researching and reaching out to the community, we've been able to build the most comprehensive online resources for all types of Weight Loss Surgeries. Hundreds of thousands of registered members contribute amazing stories and useful information to our pages.