Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Down About Everything!

Thanks everyone for the support. I am back on the BANDwagon. I did really good today. Its funny... I only saw one person on here mention heartburn. I NEVER have heart burn.. ever! Just when I was pregnant... the day I had my babies.. no more heartburn. but now, this diet. I have KILLER heartburn. As soon as I drink my shake I can just felllll it come on. Horrible.

I have put the scale away. I am not doing myself anything good about obsessing about this. Either I will get the surgery or not. I am the deciding factor. . I'm acctualy am on the lower side of blood preasure. and blood sugar is normal. So, I am hoping that this will play a role in the size of my liver and its not to bad to start with.

I am putting everything i have in these last 12 days and hopefully it will be good enough.

To the pose above. about cutting me all the way open and c-sections!! girl you are right:cursing:

I had a c-section in 09' OMG! worst pain in my life! horrible. I cried for 3 days non stop after mine. The most horrific moment in my life. I told my hubby that if Kohen was number 1 instead of number 4.. he would be an only child. lol. the whole time I am think..." and women opt to have a c-section????!!!:scared2:"

lol.thanks guys. YOu have been an huge help.

My husband didn't want me to have the surgery but he has been very supportive about it. My 9 month anniversary is coming up and I can't remember the pre-op diet being so bad. Maybe it is because I was allowed a 3 oz piece of chicken and a 1/2 rice once a day. I stuck with alot of s/f Jello and s/f kool-aid. That seemed to help even after the surgery. Time will go by and you will be like what was the big deal. Just remember a good surgery is what you are after and having your liver shrunk is what matters most. I used to weigh myself 3 times a day every chance I got, I only weigh every other day now because the numbers were driving me crazy. Just stick to the diet and you will be fine. Good luck.

Hi Tori. I'm also on day 2 of my pre-op diet. I have to do 3 weeks of very low glycemic vegies and 3 Protein Shakes a day to a total of 1000 calories, nothing else! I wasn't nervous at all about the band I was losing sleep over this pre-op diet. So far its been okay but I do expect it to get bad. I have some things planned for the bad times like my hobbies, scrapbooking, movies, reading, biking, quading, things to get my mind off food.< /p>

I'm glad to hear lots of people have heartburn and headaches, good to know I'm normal - lol!!!

My hubby was not 100% at first but I showed him lots and lots of success stories and he is now excited for me.

If you have 4 kids then you are obviously a strong woman. If you can deal with 4 kids then you can do this!

Keep up the good work. Celebrate your successes and do a bit better everyday!

I would not have been able to stay on a liquid diet for 4 weeks. My surgeon asked for 2...and I did the last one. The first week I was supposed to be on the diet, I really watched carbs but still had 2 small meals, two Protein Shakes, and a snack. I told the nurses at the office that I intended to go out to dinner for my anniversary and they just said that the last week (in my case) was the most important one. All along during the three month pre-op period I made "adjustments" to my diet, rather than going on a new one. The nutritionist and psychologist I talked to said this made sense for me at my age since I had no problems that demanded sudden change and that a gradual change would be more lasting. And in my fifties, I know what diets work for me...keeping weight off and sticking to one for over 6 months is the trick. My liver function test was fine, I don't drink or take a lot of meds that would stress my liver, so the doctor told me not to get too wound up about it. He said only once in his years of surgery has he decided he couldn't operate and it was on someone far more obese with other underlying problems. I am not saying that you should do what I did and ignore your doctor, since his is the final word for all his patients and he himself is following very conservative but proven guidelines for success. But remember that last week is the biggie...livers can rebound from a lot of abuse and pretty quickly. If you fall off the wagon and get upset and angry at yourself during this time, you may be in a worse shape for surgery than if you are more forgiving and relaxed.

On day 10 of my liquid diet here. Haven't cheated yet and don't intend to.

Having my surgery Monday morning.

Yes its hard, but I've lost 20 pounds in the last 10 days.

You can do it - stay strong!!!

Good luck!