Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't seem to find a good protein drink

I've tried Isopure, and soy Protein (:unsure:) The Isopure I didn't care much for the taste and the soy is SO gritty I can't stand it. I was considering the nectar by Syntax. Anyone have any reviews on it? I'm open for ANYTHING at this point just as long as it's not the shakes. Those taste icky to me. :thumbup:

Thanks,

Lindsey

Edited by Thunder629

Boost is pretty good and so were the Optifast shakes.< /p>

I really like the chicken Soup one from unjury. You make it in warm Water and it tastes like a cup of Soup. As someone on here pointed out before, it breaks up the constant sweetness, since every other Protein shake is sweet.

I also like the Isopure grape frost zero carb one (I don't know which isopure you tried), muscle milk light vanilla, Inspire dutch chocolate cake, and EAS AdvantEDGE chocolate. DH likes the EAS strawberry one also.

Both bariatriceating.com and unjury.com offer sample packs. I ordered them and still haven't gotten through them yet, and it's a good way to find out what I like and what I hate.

I am limited to ones that have less than 110 calories (although the Inspire one has 126), so I have less choices. Boost, slimfast, Atkins, etc are not allowed on my diet.

I am currently drinking Mypoplex Light (I believe it is made by EAS). It has 170 calories, 2 grams fat, 20 grams of Protein. It has a thinner consistency. They have it at Walmart, Target. I buy mine at Sam's.

I heard the nectar is wonderful! I am going tomorrow to check it out. I like my Protein Shakes but need to change it up.

Good luck in your search!

I'll second the recommendation for Unjury. I am only one week post op and haven't tried any others but I ordered the sample pack of Unjury and it's pretty good. I have tried the chocolate and vanilla so far and they certainly surprised me. From reading everybody's reviews of Protein Shakes on this site, I was expecting some sort of gruel like substance but these are ok.

I've tried Isopure, and soy Protein (:unsure:) The Isopure I didn't care much for the taste and the soy is SO gritty I can't stand it. I was considering the nectar by Syntax. Anyone have any reviews on it? I'm open for ANYTHING at this point just as long as it's not the shakes. Those taste icky to me. :thumbup:

Thanks,

Lindsey

I ordered a sample pack of the nectar by Syntax. I couldn't stand any of the flavors. Was sorry I wasted my money.

I have uses Designer whey 100 calorie Protein supplement, and also pre-made shakes low carb slim fast and Atkins shakes. More expensive, but if you like them, it is great relief.

I like a couple of the nectar flavors (roadside lemonaid & crystal sky) For a milky type shake I like Atkins vanilla. I tried EAS (yuck) and muscle milk (yuck). Everyone's tastebuds are so different. You will just have to try a bunch to see what works for you.

From what I was told you should stay away from products like boost and ensure. They are made for people like the elderly who need to increase calories, not for weightloss.

I had been drinking a soy Protein shake for Breakfast daily but at my last appointment they told me to use whey Protein. I didn't question, just figured that was their prefered... however they whey isn't agreeing with my stomach, having to run to the bathroom at work is not fun. I've got another appointment on July 1 and will bring it up then and ask if soy protein is OK. Has anyone else had this issue and what did you do to treat it?

thanks

shannon

Edited by jingleboob

I absolutely LOVE the nectar shakes. I have 7 of the flavors in my pantry right now. :unsure:

Fuzzy Navel

Crystal Sky

Caribbean Cooler (my favorite... tastes like a pina colada)

strawberry Kiwi

Cappuccino

chocolate Truffle

vanilla Bean Torte

I order them from BariactricAdvantage.com.

I have other family members in my house that drink them as well. My reason for the stock supply.

No matter what I try I always seem to go back to the Eas carb control and the Atkins I think they are the only ones I've tried that don't seem to have an after taste to me.

The Body Fortress from Walmart is what I've been using, mix it with milk and it tastes pretty good and it's also the cheapest kind I've found. You can even find a coupon on their website for it. :unsure:

My husband is type II diabetic, and I was banded over a year ago. Both of us drink a Premier brand chocolate Protein Shake every morning for breakfast. I've tried other brands, but this one tastes the best and is satisfying to me. I've been drinking one (or more) a day for the past year. I actually really like the flavor - no sickeningly sweet aftertaste and smooth & thin, not thick and gritty. 30gms Protein, 160 cals, 1gm sugar, 3gms fat. You can purchase 18 for $24.00 at costco in Southern California, or you can order chocolate or vanilla flavors online at www.premiernutrition.com (go to 'Products' and select 'Protein Shake')

Edited by Mamadot