Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my band on April 20, 2010. So far I have lost 18 lbs. My first fill was June 1st... 3cc's (in a 10cc band). This week has been a huge challenge...I have been so hungry, and able to eat anything and everything...Ugh!

I had my surgery April 1st and have lost 30 lbs. I am trying to lose 2 lbs a week and maybe saving some wrinkles on my skin. I'm keeping to 1200 calories and watching my Protein, but can feel the need for a fill. So far I've had 2 small ones.

I was banded April 21 and am down 39.4 pounds (can't round it to 40 yet, that would be cheating...but I can't wait!). I can eat anything I've tried, just in small amounts. Had a piece of pizza for dinner last night as a special treat and am down in weight today...turns out by body likes pizza...or I needed to up my calories some to shock my body and that did it.

You are all doing fantastic! Keep up the good work!

I was banded April 30. I am down 20 lbs. I get my first fill monday. Cant wait. I am hungry all the time.

Banded 4/7 and am down 37 pounds with one fill. Go back next week to see about another fill but don':thumbup:t know if they will give me one.

Everyone seems to be doing great. Keep up the good work. I am so ready for me 2nd fill , which is Tuesday. I feel like i have no restriction at all. The only problem is if I eat to fast but other then that, i can eat anything. I was hopeng to lose a little faster after my first fill but it seems to be a little harder and i have no idea why, but as long as the numbers are going down instead of up, I am fine.

Wow, my numbers have stalled :frown: I am fighting the discouragment and the depression. I don't want to give up, but I am so hungry and soooo craving all those comfort foods that do me NO good. My first fill in May was a joke and I even followed the liquids only rule and the next day mushies only. I was starving!! Please let this next fill be more productive. I just need a little more restriction. I'm going to Hawaii in August and am dreading the trip at this point.

So far I'm doing ok. I had surgery 4/8 and I've been losing, so I've been happy with that. Yesterday I had my first fill, which was a horrible experience, but I'm hoping that I can keep losing at least, although I know it will get slower and slower and time goes on.

I just need to up the exercise, I haven't been doing too well at that. The Dr. told me yesterday to start doing some upper arm weights to prevent "bat wings". I'm starting that, so I hope it helps!

Wow, my numbers have stalled :( I am fighting the discouragment and the depression. I don't want to give up, but I am so hungry and soooo craving all those comfort foods that do me NO good. My first fill in May was a joke and I even followed the liquids only rule and the next day mushies only. I was starving!! Please let this next fill be more productive. I just need a little more restriction. I'm going to Hawaii in August and am dreading the trip at this point.

So sorry you are having problems. Hang in there - it will be worth it in the end. You have lots of folks here supporting you! I know you must feel down and discouraged, but keep getting fills and you will eventually get restriction.

Thinking about you!

:(

I lost 28lbs on the pre-op diet and have not lost a single pound since my surgery on 4/1. I have had 1 fill (5cc) but do not have any restriction whatsoever. My doctor requires 6 weeks between fills, so my next one is not until 7/8. At this point, I would be ecstatic to see a loss of even 1lb!

Congrats to everyone who are dong so well. Keep up the great work!

I guess I am lucky that my fill doctor lets me be as aggressive as I want. I can go in every 2 weeks for a fill, especially since I am self pay and they don't have to mess with insurance.

I did not think I had any restriction after getting fill #2 last Weds but today, Saturday I have had troubles eating and had 2 episodes where I ended up yakking it up. Can there be a delayed response to a fill? Can it get tighter 2 days later?

The good news is I have lost a pound a day everyday since the fill!

Darn it Monkeymama! I'm so envious. I'm starting to think that my Dr. missed my port and put the Fluid into my body instead. I have NOOOOO restriction. I have my second fill scheduled for the28th. I'm starting to get discouraged. Please let the second fill give me some restriction. Post op recovery was GREAT! It took me forever to finish Soup. I want to have that experience again.

I need to have a steady decline in weight. I can't count on exercise alone.

I guess I am lucky that my fill doctor lets me be as aggressive as I want. I can go in every 2 weeks for a fill, especially since I am self pay and they don't have to mess with insurance.

I did not think I had any restriction after getting fill #2 last Weds but today, Saturday I have had troubles eating and had 2 episodes where I ended up yakking it up. Can there be a delayed response to a fill? Can it get tighter 2 days later?

The good news is I have lost a pound a day everyday since the fill!

My doctor said that the fill can "register" in 1-10 days. He said they do not know why that is, but it is really common.

Wow, my numbers have stalled :( I am fighting the discouragment and the depression. I don't want to give up, but I am so hungry and soooo craving all those comfort foods that do me NO good. My first fill in May was a joke and I even followed the liquids only rule and the next day mushies only. I was starving!! Please let this next fill be more productive. I just need a little more restriction. I'm going to Hawaii in August and am dreading the trip at this point.

Ravyn, Without sounding rude, let me point out to you that you are at a lighter weight than many of us who are losing consistantly (or should I say those others losing consistantly..for I am stuck at 20 lbs lost in five weeks) disappointing yes, but less than I was before. It may take you a little longer to lose. How many calories are you eating? I think I havent been losing because I shocked my body into starvation mode. I am eating what I want but MUCH MUCH smaller portions and sticking to better choices. Good Luck and I look forward to hearing about your progress. Hang in and stay for support!

WOW! you guys have me either scared or excited!!! I weighed 238 the week before I was banded. My band was 4/27 and I went to the Doc 1 week later for a post-op follow up. I was down 11 pounds but i didnt count that as "real" weight loss. I just figured not eating anything but Jello and SF ice pops for 7days- and vomiting the first 3 of those days- would take 11 pounds off of anybody-not just a bandster!! LOL! I dont get weighed again until 6-28....I dont really "feel" like I've lost anything :( So..... compared to you guys, I'm either failing miserabley or in for a real treat / pleasant shock on 6/28.....

Edited by J_BandRanger