Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

I bet the performance was just beautiful, Judy... did anyone video it? You sound busy busy busy! Hope you get time to float in your pool soon!

So today is the first day of summer vacation! We actually didn't sleep in all that much... but we do need to come up w/a routine, so I can get in some work each day, + chores, + whatever else, like going to the pool. I'd like to add in going to the Y on a regular basis, too. Right now the WC is on... those dang vuvuzelas sound like angry bees buzzing... a month of that sound? ack!

Everyone have a good Monday!

Hey Girls~

THOSE VUVUSELAS ARE KILLING ME!!! I am dying...It is on the morning show this morning. The French team thinks it is too distracting. I heard the WC pps are going to try to get them to stop!

We had a blast yesterday. We saw Marmaduke, which was a really cute movie! He swam for a bit ( a little cool), we made a puzzle, colored, watched Toy Story 1 & 2 (not all of each...but caught most of it). We had a blast at the Children's Museum too. Just a fun day. I PASSED OUT at 10:15 and he is still sleeping! We are going to take him home in Yucca (about 40 min away) and go out to breaky w/ his dad too.

Then I think I am going to Jenny's new school to check things out. Then I have a Human Rights meeting at 3pm!

Everyone have a great day...bbl!

Laura and Haydee come out come out where ever you are!

xooxox

I'm her I'm here! Just had a crazy few days. I worked till noon on Thursday because I had my ultrasound scheduled. So I get to my appt at 1pm and wait for about 45 min. I ask if its gonna be much longer and they inform me that the doctor got called away on a delivery and she will be back in just a bit. So we wait and wait some more. So finally around 3 they let us get our sonogram done with a tech. Then the doctor shows up and we get to consult with her. We left at almost 4 pm. I was so tired of waiting and I had even forgotten my kindle. But the news was good. Healthy and strong heartbeat. We did record it this time. Its on a dvd. I'm gonna see if laura can help me email it to y'all. My cyst on my ovary did not grow so that was also good news. We gotta keep monitoring it though so I have another ultrasound in two weeks.

This weekend I had two weddings. Two rehearsals on Friday evening. Then all day Saturday and all day Sunday. I am so so exhausted. I'm not doing that anymore. I already told my mother in law. No more Sunday weddings for me. I can barely walk today because I am so sore. And the heat was unbereable. 98 degrees both days. The guests at both events were dying of heat. There was not a single breeze to be had. I just kept chugging Water the whole time.

And there is some major changes coming to my office. They want me to switch posotions and I don't know what to do...

Anywho... I'm just exhausted today. And its Juans birthday and I made the huge huge error of inviting everyone over to dinner tonight a few weeks ago. I got nothing pre done. I get off at 5 and everyone is coming over at 7. Greattttt... and my house is not even all that clean. Its picked up but I always like to have it super clean when we have people over....

Hopefully juan can get off a little early so he can sweep and mop. Then I will put the rice on as soon as I get home and get started on enchiladas for 25. Luckily juan grated a huge block of cheese for me yesterday and the green sauce I made last week and I pulled it out of the freezer this morning to thaw out. So today ill just have to get the chicken cooked and shredded and then parfry the tortillas and roll them all up. I'm thinking three per person??

Oh and my sweet sweet sister volunteered to make him his favorite cake so that's another weight off my mind...

Sorry about the novela!!

I have to go catch up and see what everyones been up to since Thursday... ill be back in a abit

I agree with Pamela about Haydee and Laura, but me being the natural born worrier think something is wrong........

Going to meet a friend for lunch, then go into Illinois for an add a bead pearl. Here is a long story, that I will try to make short. When my Goddaughter was born, add a beads were really popular, so I thought maybe I would give her a pearl for every birthday. Great idea huh! Well fast forward to about probably 10 years ago (she is 21) and they are so so hard to find!!! So this is going to be her last one! I would like to do something with the 21 pearls, but what? Any ideas????? She has the chain, but I don't know.......

Okay I am off to shower and get on the road!!

Yep, I'm fine...

Judy, I'm sure you're relieved!! It would be like my gut is unclenching. Did anyone video you singing hallelujah? I'm sure it was beautiful!

Jane! I'm glad you got good stuff at the auction. Some people do that for a living! Buy and resell... might be something to do on the side!

Michelle, oh we have world cup fever too. Juan loves soccer and can drone on and on about it. I just nod and smile. Our dvr is filled with games right now...

Pam, hope you're feeling better from your summer cold. I got one too and it lasted for two weeks. It was right after we came back from our honeymoon. All I could take was robitissin. It finally went away...

Suzie, glad to hear things are going good with gia. Is she getting restless now that school is out?

Mae, glad to hear your daughters surgery went well. Sending her well wishes for a speedy recovery... oh and congrats on making life at WW

Hi laura and heather!! I've gotta run now... ikm starving and need to get some lunch in me...

I'm fine, as usual I don't have time to post, I was just catching up on ya'lls stories. Letting you know I'm here! When I'm not doin a million things I'll post!! XOXOXO :unsure:)

Good morning, Violets..

Looks like it will be a nice day today. I got the lawn mowed and trimmed yesterday... well, at least the back yard. I'll try and get the front yard mowed this afternoon. Ethan comes at 10 for a bit and Grady comes at 3 so his mom can get a haircut.

We had our church board meeting last night and the pastor resigned. He was teary, but it's now a done deal. His last Sunday will be July 18. They are having a get together for him and I don't have to go cause I'll just be getting home from the knee surgery.

As expected, some people are very upset even to the point of leaving the church. We knew that would happen, but some have been very UNchristian about it, calling people names, etc. I will still be directing the choir for at least another year and it remains to be seen how many choir members will leave. I'm guessing 3 at this moment which is not too bad.

So it's onward and upward and a new beginning for the church. Hopefully we'll get it right the next time we search for a pastor.

Off to find some Breakfast and update the countdowns!

Everyone have a great day!

Hey Girls~

Judy, I love the church drama!!! I guess it was to be expected. I am glad that he is leaving...keep us posted on the fallout! :unsure:

I am going to a new allergist this morning. After Susanne and I both ended up in the ER from our last bout of shots, we left that last practice. Actually, they sent me a bill for when I went in to complain, and the front office girl said I should talk to the doctor then THEY BILLED ME AN OFFICE VISIT! I told them, and I quote, "You can take this bill and shove it up your collective asses, I am not paying it and find it fraudulent at the VERY LEAST that you would bill my insurance company for an office visit!" The bill went a way!

Other than that not sure what we are doing! I really want to start exercising again...miss it and feel READY! I think we should be able to swim today...not sure...it is only dancing in the 100's today, then 98 tomorrow. Problem is that the nights are in the 60's and pool gets cold!

We had a good earthquake last night! It rolled and rolled some more! 5.7 in Ocotillo, which is near MX. I am such a Californian, I only turned down the TV and didn't even move!

Haydee, hope Juan had a great bday!! You are a good wife and your enchilladas sounded great!

Have a great day!

Ok, now I know it's summer... just got done playing a few rounds of some PS3 racing game w/the kids... something I haven't done in years, it seems... it was SO funny!... I couldn't drive straight to save my life!... then I'd get stuck in a fence... we were laughing and laughing! This is what I'm doing when I should be working! Ay yai ayi!!

So anyhoo, regular day here... we want to go to the pool this afternoon for the first time, but the sky is grey and rain is forecast, so we'll have to play it by ear.

Everyone make it a great day! Play a game -- it's fun!

Good morning! Just another busy day here. Same crap at work like always and I have two appts tonight for weddings...

Last night was a huge success! Enchiladas were delicious and I even had to make a batch of red spicy ones because we went through the green ones so fast.

I got my CD of pictures from my photographer. There are about three hundred more pictures than there are online. I saw the one y'all took on the front steps of the house. So beautiful! I will transfer them to my computer and email them to y'all.

We were up till midnight looking at the pictures. I popped them into my dvd player and played them a slideshow. But with 800 pics we were there awhile!

Tummy hurts today, boo

Ok Violets.. this will be a long post about the church. Feel free to just skip it, but I need to get it out of my system.

On church Sunday when we knew that the pastor had resigned, Kris and family came back because he was not going to be preaching, the conference minister did. When Kris and family walked in, one of the members said under her breath... hypocrites. During the prayers of the people, my friend Kathy who has been very vocal about her dislike of the way the church has been going and the lack of leadership, asked us to pray for the minister and his wife during this difficult time. The same lady member who said hypocrite was sitting two pews ahead of us. She turned her head towards Kathy and mouthed the words "shut up, bitch". I didn't see it, but Kris did and she just gasped and couldn't believe what she had seen. It took a while for me to get out of her what happened, she was so taken aback. After church, when Kris was walking down the hall, the same lady passed by her and said "bitch" under her breath. Ok.. that's the long story. I'm so angry, but Bob says my anger only hurts me so I have to let it go. I know I will never, ever look at her the same again. She was so nice to us when we were there, fixing us beautiful meals during the Christmas season when things got really hectic. But I won't remember those things now, I'll just remember what she called my daughter and my friend. And this woman calls herself a Christian?? I just shake my head.

I am glad I only have one more Sunday at church and then am off for the summer and don't have to deal with the drama for awhile.

Ok.. back to reality and reading to Ethan.

Edited by Teachlady