Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Hi Girls~

Had an amazing day w/ the damfamily! I made the KICK ASS dinner OF THE YEAR! We swam, bbq'd, and sat on the patio from 2:30pm to 9pm! It was great!

Went to breaky this am, now I need to grade papers, but the pool is CALLING MY NAME...gonna go answer the call!

xoox

I'd like you to meet my dad, John! The second pic is my sister and I circa 1976.

xoxo

post-213814-13813139408797_thumb.jpg

post-213814-13813139409245_thumb.jpg

Nice picture, Pamela...and Haydee, the wedding pics were just beautiful....Judy's too...had a pretty food filled day...DH grilled some steaks for lunch, then had some Italian beef for dinner and then Dairy queen....I had a turtle sundae...and not guilty in the least...went up to see my cousin yesterday and he is doing fan-tan-damn-tabulous....really great-he should be home Thursday!!! Hope the storms are done for a while we had 2 doozies on Friday...have a great week everybody!!!

Hey Judy, just saw ALPENA on our weather forecast map....think meaning there's stormspredicted for Ill WI, MN, IN MI for the next few days,,,,

Good morning, Violets..

Well, 41 years ago, it was a beautiful, cloudless day and I married my best friend. Best decision I ever made, besides the band of course.

I made him a shirt that says Mulch Man. Will take a pic after I give it to him. I will haul out the anniversary card I have had for 32 years and we look at every year. It has one of those little spinner dials so you can set it at the right number. Think of the money I saved on an anniversary card over the years. Hey!! That's about $100... I think we'll Celebrate today!

Actually, we are going looking for a bench and some flowers and then working in the back yard, taking the dogs to the vet and lounging in the pool after planting plants and mowing the lawn. We'll have a nice dinner out and that will be our day.

I sure hope we don't get storms today!!! Son Joshua who lives 7 hours away has been hit by some powerful storms lately. Last one had 100 mph wind gusts recorded and took out lots of trees by him. We have had nothing close to that at all. Just hope it stays a nice day today.

Good news about your cousin, Mae.

Off to find some Breakfast. I already had my first of three glasses of chocolate milk today. yums.

Everyone have a great day!

LAX = lacrosse

Happy Anniversary, Judy & Bob!!!

Great pics, Pam!

Hi H & L!!

Work work work today... make it a good one!

Off on our adventurous day...

Pics are off us at Christmas, 1968 six months before we got married. Of course there's the Mulch Man and then the flowers we put on the altar yesterday. Bob picked them out.. ;o)

post-215048-13813139409531_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813139409827_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813139410105_thumb.jpg

Love the pics, Judy!! Wow, if those crazy kids in that first pic knew then what they know now!! & the shirt is perfect! What fun! Enjoy enjoy your day!! ((B&J))

Hey, have any of you ever seen/heard of this site? www.operationbeautiful.com When we were out at dinner on Saturday, there was a post-it note on the bathroom mirror... what a fabulous idea! I love it!

Morning Violets~

Bob and Judy~ here's to 41 more years together! Mazel Tov!

We had a nice weekend, and it looks like Monday is more of the same! Grade papers, laundry, etc! We'll get in the pool later...I really wanna go see a movie!

Watched three great shows last night. 1) The Real L Word (I really think only Laura will like it of the V's) 2) Scoundrels, which I think everyone will like it and it is filmed in Palm Springs (well they "live" in Palm Springs) and 3) The Gates, which was pretty interesting show. The Real L Word is on Showtime, and the other two are on ABC. There is always nothing good on TV so I am glad they are putting some stuff on to keep us occupied...especially until Michelle's birthday, July 8th, when BIG BROTHER COMES BACK!!!

That is all for now...bbl!

xoxoxoxoxo

Pamela, I love old pictures, thanks for sharing. You were both such pretty little blondes.

Judy, Happy Anniversary to you and Bob. I can only hope my DH and I are as happy 30+ years out. :0) The mulch man shirt was perfect.

Laura, I am happy you can eat broccoli again, lol.

Haydee & Laura, Are you having any problems with morning sickness or the extreme fatigue that sometimes happens in early pregnancy?

Hello to everyone else.

No sickness.. I had none with Carson either, so maybe I'm just lucky (knocking on wood........).

Surprisingly the fatigue isn't as bad as with C either! Or the boob soreness. In fact only 'symptoms' I have, are I can feel my my scars from the C-section kind of burn... and I'm craving food I don't generally like to just eat by themself (tomatoes, onions, avacado-though I did like that plain before but now I want it all the time). I told Russ our baby is Mexican cause all it wants is pico de gallo & avacado slices. HEHE!

Pam, I recorded Gates & I meant to record Scoundrels, didn't realize it came out already. The Real L Word, I never saw the previews for it, so I had in my mind it's a stupid drama reality.. is it not? I loved L Word, but I didn't think a reality would be as good... maybe I'll have to give it a try.

Oh man I meant to watch Scoundrel last night!! There was an ad in people magazine for the real L word, that was so risque that Della and I tore it out. Charlie wouldn't have cared, but it was the cast standing there naked with a backdrop of a sunset (I think?). We have kids that look at People, we were shocked!!

I don't have anything on the schedule today, it is supposed to be even hotter than yesterday! I think I am going to go to a couple antique malls and prowl for paperweights that I can put on ebay. I put the three on yesterday, and have gotten lots of lookers and watchers, hmmmmm, sound familiar??????????????

Okay, I need to be productive today, don't know what, but something..................

The Real L Word is not for the faint at heart. It is a reality show, but it is in your face and raw a bit...nothing too hollywood about it, which is why I like it! Hard language, a small bit of nudity, and it is real. They do the one on one interviews like any other reality show...but I thought it was well done. It is something juicy to bite into during the weird TV shows during the summer...but then again, I am a Big Brother fan, so what do I know!:thumbup::biggrin:

The other two, Scoundrels and The Gates were just good. Something new and different...I really liked them both!

back to the freakin' grind...this is the bad week where I have to set up my new classroom by Thursday. This term ends Sunday, and the new one starts MONDAY:eek::Banane20::eek:!