Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

I am completely agast too! And I would be boiling mad. But bob is right, the anger only hurts you. If I were you I would definetly come up to her and tell her that you heard what she said about your daughter and that you will be praying for peace in her heart...

what denomanation is your church?

If you are asking me, my church denomination is United Church of Christ.

I am completely agast too! And I would be boiling mad. But bob is right, the anger only hurts you. If I were you I would definetly come up to her and tell her that you heard what she said about your daughter and that you will be praying for peace in her heart...

Goodness!! You might have heard me gasp! And some people wonder why I don't attend church often. I do my praying at home. I don't do well with the true hipocrites that say they are Christians but then don't act like it.

Suzy, that was me too for years and years. But I missed the feeling that going to church gave me. I finally had to come to terms that there will always be hypocrates whether I like it or not and I shouldn't let them ruin my experience for me. Now we go every Sunday and I just love it. I don't get involved in too many groups though because that's mostly when my anger and stress come out. If there is volunteer things I can do on my own those are usually the ones I participate in.

I agree, Haydee. There are hypocrites everywhere. It's just worse when you meet them in church, but you know that we are all God's children and we all have our faults. It's how we deal with them that counts. My church family is my second family and I'd be lost without it. But just like every family there are the ones you'd like to slap up side the head!! I just know that I feel sorry for this lady having to live a life of anger like she is now.

Just typing my story to you all helps to get it out of my system. Yup.. the Violet sounding board works yet again!!

And Haydee, your priest is a great guy. I hope our next pastor will be more outgoing and personable and not be so fixated on being the "dictator".

We love Father Pat!!! We told him on Sunday we were expecting and he was overjoyed! He put his hand on my belly and said a blessing for our little one.

Okay lets try this again..........

Judy I agree with you totally!! I would be heartsick! I wouldn't say I carry or hold grudges, but don't let things go like I should. I find it hard. I am glad just writing it down gets some of your pent up feelings/frustrations/emotions out.

Let me see if this works..........

Who knows about cameras? We are looking to get a new camera for when the baby comes. I want a small one but my only real requirement is fast shutter speed. I want one where I can go click click click click and not have hardly any lag between clicks. Any recommendations??

Who knows about cameras? We are looking to get a new camera for when the baby comes. I want a small one but my only real requirement is fast shutter speed. I want one where I can go click click click click and not have hardly any lag between clicks. Any recommendations??

Kris and Nathan got a really nice one before Grady was born. Let me ask her when she comes today.

Wow Judy, I can't believe that stuff. See, churches just put a bad taste in my mouth!!!! These are grown ups right?!

And Pam, your Allergist made me laugh. I *hate* my allergist, but I can't go anywhere else. I could see me doing the same thing over something far less worse.

That kind of camera is a great idea Haydee. In fact, if someone posts a good one that may be what I get for Xmas this year.

For like 3 years in a row every Xmas Russ would get me a camera. Always the sleek small ones, and they never worked well, always fuzzy.. so he got me the big bulky one I have now, which takes great pics, but I like the idea like you said of being able to snap snap snap. That's important for newborns!! :unsure:

Spent 2 hours at a sleep clinic this morning for a 5 minute visit. I can't stress enough how much I loathe doctor offices. And this was a 2 hour wait and our appt. was when they OPENED so it's not like they were backed up. ARGH. Went for Russ, they asked me to go since I see him sleep. So they're going to do sleep studies. This office is like 35m from my house.. we have one of their branches about 2 miles down the road. They scheduled the studies at the one way far away, so I was like can we do it in Madison?? And the girl goes 'the doctor would have to see you again, he wrote it up for here'. REALLY, REALLY?!!??!?!?

Did I tell ya'll about our flat tire? Last Thursday we had a consult for Carson's tubes, and on the way (with Carson in rush hour) my car got a flat tire in the middle of the interstate. Then Russ tried to change the tire, but on the last lugnut the wrench got stripped. So he flagged folks down, one person stopped their wrench didn't fit.. meanwhile my friend Brandy came from work and brought hers... and it didn't fit. So like an hour and a half later, I ride with her to get a wrench from someone who has my car at work.. Russ strips this one on my tire... then cops FINALLY stop. Their big muscley-goodness finally got the damn nut off. We were too late for his appt, and I was so frazzled, and we were all hot and sweaty and in a bad mood. Carson cryin the whole time and I couldn't get him out and play with him on the side of a busy interstate.

That sucks laura! About the sleep doc and the flat tire. I would have cried right along carson. I don't take "situations" well but ill have to learn fast right? LOL

And doctors visits are my biggest hate. Twice I've asked to be the first appt of the day only to show up, early mind you, and have to wait 45 min to see the doctor. What exactly is the point of an appt? Wish I knew someone who worked for a doc so I could know.

It's not me, it's Russ. He's got sleep apnea *I* think. He is tired all the time so he actually decided to do something about it. He feels like he is never rested. And his whole life he's never had a single dream (that he remembers), so maybe he doesn't go into REM or something. Whatever it is, he's ready to get to the bottom of it. They made me go so I could tell them what I observe when he sleeps.

I keep saying I want to ghost a doc's office for a day, just to see what the hell they are doing. I mean if you open at 8am, and the appt is at 8am, you gotta be working really hard at making someone wait 2 hours.