Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Here I am!!!!!

What are empanadas? I think they look like the old fashion hostess fruit pies. They had them at the Farmers Market yesterday, and didn't want to seem like an idiot not knowing what they were when eveyone else obviously did!!

An empanada is a Spanish and Portuguese stuffed bread or pastry, also known as "impanata" in Italy. The name comes from the verb empanar, meaning to wrap or coat in bread. Empanada is made by folding a dough or bread patty around the stuffing. The stuffing can consist of many things such as meat or vegetables. In Spain, empanadas are usually large and circular in shape and are cut into smaller portions for consumption, whereas in Portugal and South America empanadas are normally small and semi-circular (this type of empanada is commonly known as empanadilla in Spain). Empanadas are also known by a wide variety of regional names (see the entries for the individual countries below).

I am here too...home from hospital, DD's surgery went well, all the hardware is out...she is home and resting comfortably..just watching the replay of our CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS STANLEY CUP PARADE AND RALLY!!!!!

Good morning, Violets..

Dreary looking day today, but no rain in the forecast which will be good for my Godson's open house. It poured last night and we have to empty some Water from the pool before it overflows.

Mae... glad your daughter is doing well.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Judy, is it a fried pie? Is it sweet?

Not real busy today at work.

We have the Susan G. Komen walk/run and St. Louis has over 75,000 people registered, so it is always a big day in St. Louis for that and not for haircuts.

I will go help with Anna after work.

I hope all has a great day!!!

I am sending you some sun Judy!!!!!!

Janie... no, the ones I've had are usually meat or veggie filled. And I think they are baked, but not sure.

Off to support group meeting and then back here to get some things done today. Going to be a very interesting day in church tomorrow. The choir is not singing because our organist is my Godson's mom and she's taking the Sunday off after the open house. (Don't blame her). So I get to sit with Kris and hear about the future of the church. I am going to volunteer to be on the search committee for a new pastor. I sure don't want a duplicate of what happened before..

Hey Girls~

I feel a bit better today, must've been allergies.

Judy, that is smart to get on the selection committee. At least your input will be heard. Can't wait to see the pix of your yard, when the sun shows up!!!

Jane, not sure what an empanada is, but by Judy's description...I want one.

Hope all is well w/ Laura and Haydee. I know Michelle is knee deep in OLE OLE OLE!

I am going to a St. Teresa's reunion party tonight! Should be fun to see all the peeps from days gone by! Haven't seen a few of these peeps since 1981!! No the challenge is to look fanfreakintastic!!! Susanne doesn't want to go, and I think my bro is going...but if not, I am going stag! Looking forward to it!

It is SOOOOOO freaking windy here...which has brought our temps WAY DOWN. I hate it. Actually thinking about bringing a light sweater tonight :( I WANT MY SUMMER BACK!

I am reading that Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang still. I like it, but the last month got a way from me and I didn't pick it up. Looking forward to reading that other book Judy recommended (can't remember it) and then I have Slash'es book and Chelly Wright's book, LIke Me. Ahhhhh, i love summer! Still doing Walden this summer!

xooxoxoxxo

Wow..must be the weekend!! Everybody is busy.

Just got back from the open house. Lots of great music and typical food. But the fellowship was the best part.

Just got word that the pastor is staying until mid-July.. he has a 90 day clause in his contract so it could be worse. I just hope he's gone before my knee surgery cause I don't want him coming to see me in the hospital.

Off to Walmart to get some more dirt and a couple of veggie plants and then going to get some Water out of the pool before it overflows!

Everyone have a good evening!

Whew, what a day! Fun, but still, whew! Am tuckered out & will got to bed soon... just need to review the groundrules w/the all-night gamers (keep it to a low roar, stay inside, eat whatever you want, have fun!)... they're streaming it live on Ustream, lol!

1-1 tie w/ England... well, not a loss... not a win, but not a loss...

I think I drank 6 Mike's variety hard lemonades today! :(

DS has to ref tomorrow morning! :( Good luck to him with that after being up all night!!

Enjoy your Sundays!! Smooches!

Good morning!

Today is the day I hope to make some money at the auction!! I have studied long and hard, and know there are some serious deals to be had there, now, if no one else did there homework I home free!!!

Judy, sometimes Church's can be the most drama filled place of all!!! One would think that because of 'church' it wouldn't be.

I wonder why we haven't heard from Haydee or Laura, I hope everything is alright!!!

Pamela, what exactly are your plans for the summer? No BIG trips right?

Alright, off I go......

Hope you didn't have a huge mess this morning Michelle!!!!

Hey Violets~

Jane, good luck at the auction...can't wait to hear about it. No big trips for us this summer. We plan on hanging about here. Susanne's mom has some medical things going on, so she'll be gone in parts. She was supposed to leave tomorrow, but the appointment was moved until the 29th, so I think she'll leave the 28th for a time. Other than that, I'll perform a wedding ceremony on July 9th in Santa Barbara, and then Lady Gaga in Vegas on the 13th of Aug (which we'll be there 2 days and make a mini cation out of it). I'd like to start framing a book that I want to write, but with all the fun and Walden...not sure if I can "get 'er done"!

Today the cutest nephew in the world is coming over!!! I am picking him up at 9:45 and we are going to the Children's Museum at 10:30 for a paint your pottery thing and play. Then either a movie or swimming or both!!! Then I'll drive him home in the morning!

Looking forward to hanging w/ the kid!!!

Hope Michelle faired well in the night!

bbl

xooxxo

Oh yeah...me again! Went to a fun reunion party last night! Had a blast! Did a few shots of tequila and had a couple of beers, danced a bunch, talked tons, ate GREAT food (they had these spinach won ton thingys...mmmm) and had a blast. Susanne didn't want to go, so I went by myself!

All went well overnight... awoke this a.m. to a happily rumpled room full of snoring teens... they're really good guys, and we enjoy when they hang out here... a good time was had by all.

Have been just lazing around all day on the couch... snooze, read the paper, watch some soccer, snooze, eat something, and repeat! Germany v. Australia's on right now!

Janie, hope you did well!

Pam, sounds like a fun night! & a fun day, today! I miss all that great little-kid stuff. & if you're working on a book, then I'm your editor!

Judy, I'm glad that things are working out for your church. When is the garden walk?? Soon?

Hi Laura & Haydee...

TTFN!

Pamela, I was going to say I have the cutest nephew in the world, but will allow yours to be the cutest and mine to be the most handsome!!

I ended up getting 3 paperweights at the auction. I spent almost $400, but think I can sell them for at least $600. Things went for sooo much!! I was going to get this box of paperweight related books and catalogs, it sold for $250!!! Hello!!! or in the word of Michelle's son Hellp!!!

They sold lots of things at the auction, and it was fun to be there. It was amazing what things did or didn't go for!! It is in a pretty ritzy part of town, and so the clientele really is pretty eccentric too.

What is your book going to be about Pamela? Are you going to change the names?

I think I am going to take a nap!!!

Good morning, Violets..

The concert went beautifully yesterday. All the musicians were amazing. I sang Hallelujah from Shrek and I was very pleased. I've never sung a popular song in front of so many people before. I was accompanied by guitar and flute and it was the perfect blend. But I'm glad it's over and I can relax for a while.

Church was good yesterday. The conference minister gave the sermon and it was very informative about the process and making it a "good" good bye for Rev. Orth. I guess he's staying until the middle of July. I only have to see him one more time.. this Sunday is Gospel Sunday and then I go to Rogers City with Bob for church the rest of the summer.

I'm going to the board meeting tonight. Should be an interesting one, to say the least.

Off to my hospital shift, then some yardwork, getting the dogs to their groomer and the meeting tonight. That's my day in a nutshell.

We had some trouble with the pool, but it's all fixed now, thank goodness. The Water level was so high after all the rain we had, we put the sump pump in to drain some of it. When it was done I unplugged the pump and when we got up yesterday morning, the pool water level was wayyyyyyyyyyy low. Bob finally figured out that even though the sump pump was off, it was still draining water. Once we took that out and added more water, it was fine. Whew. Now to get it warmed back up and the chemicals adjusted. I haven't been in the pool for a week with all the stuff that's been going on. Hope to get in it tomorrow again.

Ethan comes at 10 for a little bit. I appreciate every minute I can be with him cause in a couple of months I won't have any more time with him at all.

Everyone have a great day! BBL