Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

Just finished my first practice and now off to the second of the evening. The third one is at 8 p.m. Sometime in here I have to figure out some supper. Ethan is here till 6:30, and I am done at 6:15 so hopefully will be here when he leaves.

It turned out to be a beautiful day and Grampa and Ethan spent some time in the pool. I plan on doing that tomorrow.

I planted a couple of Chinese money plants the other day and today planted one of the Ostrich ferns. When I turned my back and was planting wildflower seeds in a couple of pots, Ethan proceeded to dig up those things I had just planted.. arghhhhhhhhhh We talked about not shoveling in Gramma's flower garden. I have to get that boy busy with mulching instead of digging!!:(

Off I go to the next rehearsal. The fun never ends!!

At the town firemen's carnival... sipping real lemonade and listening to some old tune country band... dd is riding the "hurl a whirl" as I call it + other rides... this is certainly small town living!

Seriously... this band is exactly like that Saturday night live skit w will farrell & that gal who played the electric piano... exactly!! So funny.

Didn't Will Ferrell play the electric piano in that skit?? Or am I thinking of something else?

I just finished my 3rd rehearsal of the day. I'm singing Halleujah with guitar and flute backup. It's my favorite song to sing right now and I'm soooooooo enjoying it! I couldn't believe my luck when I was asked to sing it for the concert.

Ethan was here until 7:00 tonight.. long day for the little guy, but we had fun.. He will be here again tomorrow and I will get to go in the pool with him. I have WW weigh in in the morning and then a church ladies luncheon at 11:30 and then the rest of my day is clear except for babysitting Ethan and then Grady comes at 4 so I'll have both of them. Gramma overload!!!

Off to Walmart to get a few things and then settle in for the night with tv and reading. I started a new book.. I'm really enjoying it.. House Rules by Jodi Picoult.

Not much going on here either...daughter is having surgery tomorrow, minor, she has a screw in her ankle from a break 2 yrs ago....it is causing inflammation and possibly infection so its coming out, hopefully not a big deal recovery wise...she's a nurse, so ankles, feet legs, etc, need to work well. Still nothing happening on the job front...grrr...supposed to go to a bra fitting and skinny cow sampling in Chicago on Saturday and a baseball game with the surgery center that did my band...then supposed to go to a benefit for 2 young ladies that were beaten with bats by some locos in Chicago-one of the ldies is an exchange student from Ireland, so a bunch of Irish bands and musicians are holding 2 simultaneous benefits, one north side of Chi one on South side of the city....should be fun...

I have had the worst tooth-achey thing, not really a cavity, may need root canal and reg dentist doesn't want to do it, she wants me to see endodontist if it keeps being sensitive to hot and take tylenol in the meantime...always something....

Anyway, have good night and a great weekend...Is Dr Pamela all done with school...Michelle your kiddos are done also???

Today is the last day of school! Ta Da! Basically yearbook signing all morning, followed by pizza party, followed by 2-hr early dismissal.

It's also super duper clean the whole house top to bottom day for the party tomorrow... + outside areas... + go to Sam's Club for party food items... + FIL is arriving at Noon for the weekend! That one's a bit of a surprise! Will see how it goes... still a lot of hurt, confused feelings going on... bleh.

Then it's the big World Cup US match party tomorrow! & after, a few of ds's soccer team buddies are spending the night to have a "FIFA" ps3 all-night gamer party... always fun... they're good guys. Lots of pizza, soda and cinnamon Buns will be consumed.

Then Sunday = clean again! & maybe the first dip in the pool of the season.

Then Monday I think we're all going to Celebrate the first official day of summer vacation by sleeping in!

So a full weekend in store for us... everyone enjoy theirs... go USA!! World Cup Fever -- Catch It!

Good morning!!

I think I could have slept all day!

This was the kind of week erasers were made for!!! I had so many cancellations and changing of appointments, it is weird how it goes in spurts!! I am not mad, who among us has never had to change an appointment!!

Alright, off to work................

Good morning, Violets..

Just back from WW weigh in. -.2#, not much, but still a loss. I had a piece of very rich coconut cream pie this week and I think that did me in.. plus the fact that I can't do any regular exercise with my bum knee. I need to get back in the pool today and work out. I got new Water dumbbells since Jetta chewed up my other ones.

Off to get some Breakfast and then head to a church ladies luncheon later.

Big meeting with the pastor (yes, he's still here) today with our conference representative and the chair of the church board. My fingers are crossed and I'm saying prayers for a good outcome.

Everyone have a great day..

Morning Violets~

Michelle, caught the fever here (and a head cold). Woke up to the opening ceremonies. We are team USA and Germany!!! Already wrote all the German games down. Secretly I hope Mexico wins this am even thought Sus wants SA to take it cause they are the host team. I have 60+ kids crossing their fingers for MX.

Judy, where did you get your Water weights? I just said yesterday I wanted some.

Jane, "this is the kind of week erasers were made for..." what a great line! Your funny. I hope some ppl managed to keep their appt. I rarely change my hair appt. He books up weeks in advance, so if I don't keep it, I have to go weeks before I can get in with him.

Well, we had the girls over yesterday and it was really nice. It is soooo windy and we swam and bbq'd, even in the wind. But I think the windy activated either allergies or a head cold. I have a nasty cough, a kick ass sore throat, and feel that weird body feel. Sooooo, already popped a Benedryl and a few Echinacias. Hoping it is just a come down, low immune system response to the end of the year .

Anywho...that is what is up w/ me.

Hey my two mommas!!! And everyone else too!

xooxoxxo

Good evening, Violets..

Finally, finally , FINALLY... our pastor resigned today. He met with a Conference representative who laid out the facts and sadly enough, after everything we have been through with him... he said he didn't have clue.

He will not be preaching in our church again. The Conference rep. will be preaching this Sunday and will be explaining everything to the congregation. After that we will have subs until they find an interim. So onward to healing and getting the church back to where it was before this guy took over. Amen..

Where the hell is everyone today?

Judy THAT IS WONDERFUL!!! What a long road ya'll been on w/ this guy...so glad the outcome turned out as it did! Thanks for the link for the Water weights. Now that I have an idea for what I want, I am gonna try to get them at big 5 or Sports Authority.

I took a huge nap and feel a bit better! The wind is howling...doesn't help!

peacout

Here I am!!!!!

What are empanadas? I think they look like the old fashion hostess fruit pies. They had them at the Farmers Market yesterday, and didn't want to seem like an idiot not knowing what they were when eveyone else obviously did!!

I try really hard when someone has to reschedule to fit them in somehow. Monday night I have to stay late and do a foil, but that was the only time I could fit this person in. It sort of makes me mad, that I am doing it, but I need the money. This particular person does seem to take advantage of the fact I will work her in though.

I hope all is well with everyone!!

I am here... pooped out from cleaning top to bottom today... sort of a mini-spring cleaning... ds is pooped out, too, so you KNOW we were cleaning like crazy!

Judy... wow... he had no idea? Wow. Now will you stay or retire later in the month?

I'm off to get into jammies and chillax... am up early tomorrow to get the party food, final touch-ups, etc....

GO USA!! Ole... ole ole ole... ole... ole!!

Good evening, Violets..

Just got back from having dinner out with Kris and family. She and I shared a peasant's pasta... Pasta with olives, spinach and hard salami.. very good, and very filling.

Tomorrow I have lap band support group and will have to take Ethan with me since Bob has a funeral.

Then we are going to a graduation open house for my Godson. After that.. more yard work. Just one more little area to complete and it will be all done! I see the end of all the hard work...finally! Will take pics when it's all completed.

Michelle... Bob says the only drawback of the pastor leaving is that now I will stay and direct the choir at least one more year. Course now when he's done with his interim church, he will feel comfortable coming back to our church so we'll be worshiping at the same church together again.

Off to read a little bit more before zzzzzzzzing. Ethan comes at 7:30 again tomorrow morning....

Everyone sleep well...