Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Laura.. that is ridiculous about the appointment. I would have been bugging them every 15 minutes to see what the delay was. Waiting 2 hours when yours is the first appointment?? Unreal!!!

Back from singing rehearsal and I'm going to head to bed and read for awhile. I'm really enjoying the House Rules book.. almost half way done now.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Sleep well.....

Laura, went to the sleep dr. myself today, and told her what you told me. We are going to try some things, I don't want another sleep study right now, they are sooo expensive. We will see if this helps, although, didn't know I had a problem until you said something.

Kind of slow at work, worked late tonight to do a foil.

We had a Friday night rehearsal dinner rain today!! Oh my gosh!!! It was horrible!!!

I think I am off to just relax and veg out some............

Good morning, Violets..

It poured rain all night last night. Must have been the same rain Janie got. I need to work out in the yard today so hope it clears up soon. I have a friend coming over to meet the dogs. We have a wedding this weekend and will be spending the night Friday night so she will be coming over to take care of the dogs while we're gone. That used to be Joe's job so I needed to find a replacement. Luckily my friend Jane has volunteered to watch them whenever I need her.

Bob is going in for a stress test this morning. He's very nervous about it . I'll be glad when it's done. He had an episode last week and we narrowed it down to acid reflux, but they want to do the test as he hasn't had one in a long time.

My last choir rehearsal is tonight and our big Gospel Sunday is this Sunday. Then no more choir until September. I am wondering if the Pastor's wife will be in choir. She's very angry, of course, so I'm betting she won't participate. We shall see.

Off to find some Breakfast. Everyone have a good day!

Rainy here, too, this a.m.

DH works from home on Wednesdays, so he & ds are watching the first WC game of the day... Chile v Honduras I think. This keeps up every day for a month!

When I tried to post yesterday, it bombed my whole computer... but now I don't remember what I wanted to respond to. Laura, your stories suck! One of my biggest fears is a flat tire on the highway... I'd be useless. Poor Carson. Poor Mommy & Daddy, too. & yes, docs offices suck, too. Bleh.

Tell Bob he's got our purple power w/him today!! Piece of cake, erm, I mean, uh... oh what the hell, cake. I know -- 3 Musketeers! ha ha.

Got your e-mail, Janie. See, I'm not totally crazy! :) It IS odd, I think.

Ok... time to go pour a cup o' joe and hit the books. Everyone have a great day!

Morning Girls~

Judy, did you ever get the check we sent for the car? We sent it in a bday card for Bob??

Laura, one time I waited for about 40 min in the lobby then was taken back for a gyn apt. It was the Wed before Turkey Day. I sat in there 45 min W/O PANTS ON!! They came in as I was getting dressed and the doctor too. I laid into them sideways. "How dare you presume that your time is more valuable than mine!!!!:):mad::mad:" OOOOO man, I was smoking hot! They were apologizing all over themselves as I stormed out! 45 min w/o pants is a bit too much! I left that practice too. I am too freakin busy to wait. My primary doctor is great. I'll wait 1.5 hours for him, but get 30 min of undivided attention, and he is comprehensive. I've left a few appointments because they were over a 30 min wait. I'd rather rebook than wait for ever. Then when I come back, they usually get me in.

Today, I've got to finish grading papers, I've got about 14 to go...uuuugggg! Then I can read and relax for a bit before the next load comes in!

We are going to Rob and Charles' for dinner! Looking forward to it!

xooxoxxo

My last allergist appt, I walked out. I was doing a follow up, all I needed to do was say 'meds are working'. I waited in the lobby forever, and I needed to get back to work. I finally told the girl I need to reschedule, I don't have that kind of time!! I wish she could have just told them for me-- hey meds are workin, she's good.

They have signs in their lobby though that warn you it could take ALL DAY LONG because they want to take care of their patients (BS BS BS BS alert, they are such crappy people there). Now I'm suppose to go back in August to do the same thing, just let them know it's all good. I will probably cancel, the 2 meds I'm on I can take while pregnant and I have a year Rx of refills, so I don't need the docs right now.

I called my band doc, I need the SLIGHTEST of unfills. I hate it, I've been 'too tight' for a while, but only by a teeny bit.. but now it's bugging me at night, I'm coughing up the bile. And I'm craaaaving veggies, and veggies haven't been my friend in a long time. They normally see me around 2pm, so I get home late in the evening. I called today to ask if I could get a 9-10am appt so I could drive back and still go in to work. She said they no longer do morning appts since they do surgeries every morning, but she would talk to them. Called me back in 5m and I have a 10am appt on Friday. So nice of them!! Their doc office is the nicest I've ever met, which is why I picked them. Now if they would just relocate.. And they all say 'honey' and 'sweetie' with their thick southern accents.

Carson's sick cycle started again.. SIGH. He went off antibiotics on Monday and yesterday his nose was a little runny, today its thick and goopy, which means tomorrow starts ear problems.. but we go to his ear doc tomorrow, maybe that's good timing.

Morning Girls~

Judy, did you ever get the check we sent for the car? We sent it in a bday card for Bob??

Sure did, PamELa.. already cashed and spent. But you wouldn't know that cause you never balance a checkbook or statement.. arghhhhhhh Just balanced all three of ours this morning... to the penny.. always love it when that's done.

And THANK YOU for the b'day card for the Bobster. He's such a Violet now.. :)

Good morning!!

Since I had ovarian cancer I see an oncologist. I would be thrilled if all I had to wait was 45 minutes................He is supposedly a brilliant man, but...........Last year I switched to his nurse practitioner and brought 2 magazines and a book, and when I signed in she said she was ready for me..........I said I brought my usual reading material and wasn't ready!! They laughed and said she was much more timely!!! Needless to say, I will continue to book with her unless God forbid I have another occurance.

I am going in late today to work, was going to go somewhere and have my thumb checked out, but now I think I will just make an appointment with a real Dr.

Oh well............

Laura.. Bob had to have a slight unfill because of the acid reflux. I don't hear him coughing so much at night anymore. I really HATE that feeling when the bile comes up.. yuck..

It's a really dreary day here today. Just had my friend come over to check out the dogs and find out what to do while we are gone.

I got a new dress for the wedding rehearsal and one for the wedding. Woo hooooo.. both size 16.. NOT 16W! This wedding is for the son of one of our friends from our former church in Lewiston. We had always planned for him to marry Kris, but neither of them saw it the way we parents did. :devil_smile:

Janie.. your thumb is still bothering you?? You need to get that checked out. Less than a month before my knee surgery. I am so ready. I'm tired of not being able to do what I want cause my knee is hurting.

I just bought a new bottle for my Crystal Light. It's 2.2 liters.. 8 glasses worth. Now I have this big honkin' mug to carry around, but at least I know I have drunk my day's allotment of liquid when it's empty. Plus I can build up the muscles of my right arm carrying it around!

Off to get ready for choir. LAST ONE OF THE SEASON!!!!

Ok, typing on my phone... major life milestone happening here... I'm at the bowling alley w dd, who is on her very first "date"... well, GROUP date...oh to be 12 years old again! So cute. Bittersweet for moi, tho.

Wow, milestone for sure Michelle!!!!

Yeah my thumb is still bothering me, it is better, but hurts and now hurts down lower near my wrist. Luckily there is not a lot that aggravates that I do at work. I can't hold a pen/pencil right, but that is about it. I just don't want to be ignoring a situation that could be getting worse. I think I just need a way to immobilize it at night while I sleep and it would be fine.

Off for the night..............

Good morning, Violets..

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here with lots of sunshine. Time to work in the backyard again! Ethan arrives in a few minutes for the day. We'll be having some pool time today for sure.

Bob has an ALL presentation today. (Association for Life Long Learners). He has 60 people signed up for it and that's a LOT!!! He is a very popular presenter. I will be glad when he's done today as he works so hard on it. We can relax in the yard the rest of the day.

Off to get some breakfast and wait for Ethan to get here. Everyone have a great day!

Good morning girls~

Well, last night just as we were ready to leave for Rob and Charles', we got a call from Rob saying they were on their way to the ER...Charles was having chest pains and didn't feel well. We got word later that he is fine, his BP was 212/110 and they gave him some nitroglicern (sp) and it fixed the BP. Rob said the whole time he was laying there w/ all the wires attached to him, he was worried that we were mad and that the food was going to go bad! LOL, we are going over tonight for dinner and to check on him. There is another couple as well who will be joining us.

So, we were dressed up and looked really cute last night. It was 6:15 and we were hungry...so we went out to a fancy dinner. We didn't know it was fancy until we got there, we had 1 drink each and the bill was $63! Soooo, w/ a $12 tip, it was a $75 night!!!:devil_smile::eek:;) Before we bought this house, we'd do that quite a bit, but haven't done that in a while. But OMG THE FOOD WAS DELISH. I had the salmon, over garlic mashed pots, w/ carmelized fennel!!! She had the pork tenderloin and it was fantastic! So, yes, we'll go again...but will do it after a pay day, and not in the middle of the month!

Today, we need to go to Target, and Home Depot. I also need to start allergy shots...the 'new doc' doesn't let us give our shots to ourselves...sooo, we have to go in once/twice a week! What a PITA, but hopefully it will work!

Everyone thanks for reading my essay...sorry to go on and on!

xoxoxoxo

Oh yeah, went to WW on our way out to dinner and I lost .2!!! LOL...

Judy hope your knee feels better today!!

Pamela, way to go with the loss!!!!!!!!!

Today is the farmers market and it is supposed to rain today! Oh well, it has to happen some Thursday, it would be awfully naive to think that it would never rain on Thursday June through October...............

I need to find my diet mojo again, I gained a little in Houston, (surprise surprise!, you mean I can't eat a Texas waffle every day AND donuts even if they are on a Sunday and come from a man of God?) I just haven't lost anymore, just sort of sitting stagnant. I did start exercising on my wii again. I thought it was broken, but when I get this uverse, I just needed to press a button on my tv and didn't know it........

Now, who is writing the book????????????