Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Pamela, you mean you go back to school/aka work next Monday??? Yikes....jusst came back from DD's Dr. appt and she got released to go back to work tomorrow...yea!!!!nothing much else on tap....think I will join in the nap hubby and Jen are taking.....:thumbup:

Mae, no I will be working for Walden all summer. Since we have no big trips planned, might as well make a little $. Just have a couple of weeks each term that make me crazy!

The brownies did help Michelle...and helped and helped!:Banane20::eek::thumbup:

mmmmmmmmmm butterscotch (said with homer simpson accent).

It is hella hot here!! Omg it doesn't go below 98 most days with 100 percent humidity. It feels like 120 outside. And then my a/c is acting up. We had people over at the house Friday for dinner and it was 87 INSIDE the house even though I jacked it down to 70 when I got home. It never made it below 87 the whole freaking night. I had juan pull out fans and put them around the living room. The ac people are barely coming today to check it out. I've been staying at my moms since Saturday.

Other than that fiasco on Friday we had a wonderful weekend. Saturday I spent it by the pool and uploaded all 800 plus pics to my computer. Puts most of them up on Facebook and then my mom helped me pick which ones she wants printed.

Sunday was church then had to get ready for the big party. Huge turn out and the dads had so much fun. Well everyone had so much fun. We ate way too much and swam some. My mom surprised everyone by hiring a mariachi band to come play. That was so special. My dad started tearing up when they srolled in playing.

I'm so glad I had no weddings scheduled for this weekend. Its just been way too hot.

I'm glad its Tuesday! I'm ready to go home though. I have dished in the sink from Friday! Oh the horrors! Lol. I just left everything in disray after the party. Grabbed my dogs and my suit and went to mamas, lol. So today I have the lovely task of going home to see what awaits me.

Oh! I'm excited about cali too!! I won't be able to paricipate in the spa though. No massages for me and I can't do the steam room or sauna.

Hey! I wasn't done talking but it didn't let me keep writing, lol.

Anyways. I'm sooo hungry today. Ate hearty last night but just woke up starving. I gotta go see what I have for Breakfast here...

Morning girls~

Haydee, it is soooo great now because when you say "I went to mamas house" I know exactly how awesome that is...and can picture that pool, yard, house, etc!!! Please tell you parents hi from the Violets (speaking on our behalf for the entire group). We can skip the spa, or who ever wants to do it can...and the other girls can hang out, shop, eat, etc. It is like $110 for the "experience", so I'll leave it up to the person to decide. I can go either way. I can find a masusse (sp) to come to the house and do us individually while we hang by the pool, and it will be a lot cheaper. Something to think about!

Judy, OMG, I love the pix on fb! Old pix always look weird, but I know "in the day" you were completely in vogue!

Michelle, thanks for the baking advice yesterday! You rock. I love having a professional baker on speed dial! xo Have the vuvuzelas taken over? I can't stand that sound. My dissertation chair, Bonnie, is in S. Africa now for vacay, and she said the vuvuzelas sound like a LARGE swarm of bees!

Janie, the brownies were delish...I'll make 'em when ya'll come out...sans the nuts!

Laura, have you started telling C that he is gonna be a big brother? Wonder what he will think..."yeah, I got someone to hang with" or "WHO THE HELL IS THIS AND WHEN ARE THEY GOING AWAY?"

Got some running around to do today, allergy shots, need cards, and I am hoping Susanne and I go to the movies. I THINK she is going to Phoenix tomorrow so I am hoping we can have a date day!

But first, off to grade discussion posts...uggg!

have a great day girlies!

xoxoxo

Ill tell them y'all said hi! They loved all of you!

I actually like the vuvuzula sound. Its soothing to me, lol...

I'm getting anxious to know the babys gender. Any old wives tales about how to predict early on? I haven't gained an ounce and have had no morning sickness. And am craving sweet stuff and hot cheetos with lime. Ha ha ha

Good morning, Violets!!

We had rain last night which was great because Bob mowed the lawns yesterday and we got all the new plants planted. Now they got a good soak and a good start. We are done planting and just need to do some clean up stuff. I need to put some mulch behind the pool and then all beautifying tasks will be done.

PamELa... I for one don't need the spa. Never done it, not really a priority for me, but that's just me. Disney Land however would be wonderful! I have a teacher friend who lives in Irvine and goes to Disney Land every week. Would be nice to see her. We taught together for years and years.

Yesterday, the Bobster and I had a wonderful anniversary dinner. I had lightly battered shrimp, sweet potato fries and a Michigan salad (fruits, greens, nuts) and some chocolate cake. I ate 4 of the shrimp, 3 fries and 1/3 of the salad and a few bites of the cake. Bob had a HUGE, thick slice of prime rib, twice baked potato, cup of Soup and the cake. He ate almost everything.. time for a fill!! We had to stop at the church on the way home cause he said he overdid it on the...........cake. HA!! He overdid it on the whole meal!!!! He pb'd most of it and when he was done we went out and looked at some of the gardens on the tour. There are 8 this year and I have to say I'm very proud of ours.

I just finished my hospital shift and then went and visited my friend Betsy who just had surgery. She's doing well and will be home Friday. A group of us will be providing meals for a week for her family starting on Friday. I have Saturday and we'll be getting the family BBQ meal for them. Lots of good stuff to eat and I don't have to cook! wooo hoooo..

She's a skinny chocoholic (is there such a thing?) so I'll make something chocolate and sweet for her.

I'm going to try and get in the pool again today. It's cloudy, humid and cool, but the pool Water should be warm. Got to get my exercise in even if I can't work on my tan.

Everyone have a great day!!

Good morning, off to work, this should be a quiet but busy week for me. Charlie is off this week so it is just me.

Never had a massage, pedicure, facial, etc...........Isn't that ironic since I am a hairdresser? I get manicures every other week, that is it. Probably if I would ever get anything else I would love it so much I would always want it!!!

Haydee and Pamela, can you email me your address, please????

Haydee are the pics on Facebook different than the pics from the photographer?

It is cool in my house, but hot hot hot outside!! I agree with Haydee!!! It is supposed to get to 99 today, and we have had bad storms pop up in the afternoons that make it soo gross and humid!!!

Well I better get to work!!!!!!!!!

We told C he's gonna be a big bro, and when he kicks my belly when I'm trying to change him I tell him he's hurting his little sister!!

He's oblivious.

Ill tell them y'all said hi! They loved all of you!

I actually like the vuvuzula sound. Its soothing to me, lol...

I'm getting anxious to know the babys gender. Any old wives tales about how to predict early on? I haven't gained an ounce and have had no morning sickness. And am craving sweet stuff and hot cheetos with lime. Ha ha ha

Old Wives Tales Gender Predictor

Take that quiz..

And it wasn't an old wives tale, but a theory or research or something I read when I had googled while preg with C about no morning sickness (it worried me), that when you have a girl their hormones make you overdose on female hormones and that's why you get sick. There's no proof in it, it's just a theory someone was researching or thought of.

Here's a list of common ones...

This one you can do just by looking south: if you're carrying high, break out the pink. If your bump is low, you're carrying a boy.

According to legend, 140+ beats per minute indicates a girl, and below 140 a boy.(Carson was above 140...debunked!)

Craving ice cream every single day? Some people believe this means it's a girl. If you have to have salty or sour stuff, then it's a boy.

This one's a little out there. Pee in a cup,mix a tablespoon of Drano in, and watch to see if it changes color. Green = girl, and blue = boy.

Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy.

This is one for a friend to try. Place a key in front of your preggo friend and ask her to pick it up. If she grabs it by the narrow part, she's in for sugar and spice and all that. If she picks it up by the round part, it's snips and snails.

If you're breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence, those annoying zits.(((I did not read this one before!! I have 3 pimples this week and I do not get pimples, I've been so upset... now maybe I'll be happy!!!!)))

Pop off your wedding ring -- if you still can! -- and tie it to a string. Hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, a little guy's in your future. If it goes back and forth, you've got a girl.

Sick as a dog during the first trimester -- or still? Signs indicate you're having a girl. Little or no morning sickness points to a boy. (so that is part of wives tales too)

Edited by FairyFacade