Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

band feels tighter different times of the day

Hi,I was banded 4/22/10, had first fill 6/1.I've noticed that I feel the most restiction at lunchtime& looser in the evening.Does anyone else experience this? I think it could have something to do with my activity. I'm a nurse working 12 hr shift 3 days a week. Today I could barely get 4oz. baked fish down,when i got home I could eat the hair off a ragdoll! Please share some of your experiences

Mornings are when I feel the most restriction. I tend to do a Protein Drink of some sort or hold off eating until I have been up for a while and do something soft like eggs or yogurt. By the end of the day I too can eat a much larger portion. I was banded a week after you.. no fill yet.

Yeah this is pretty normal. I've had my band for almost 22 months and I still experience this - tighter in the mornings and looser in the evenings.

I tend to eat only when I'm hungry. Not much at all in the first half of the day, and more in the evenings. I currently am not very restricted because I can have a fair sized lunch and then a good-sized dinner, which I can't do when I'm well restricted.

But I'm trying to maintain, and I'm not gaining, and not losing, so it suits me.

I usually can't eat until sometime after noon. I have had 3 fills and it seems it gets tighter in the week or two after the fill. I sometimes have problems just drinking Protein Shakes before noon. But, I'm not really hungry either.

I'm supertight in the morning, so soft eggs on weekends when I have time ot cook or Protein Shake on weekdays. I have to sip Water more slowly as well and can sometimes feel the restriction of water trickling. By lunch I am looser and can get softer foods down like thick greek yogurt, tuna salad, chicken salad, etc. I cna get water down with no issues By dinner I can eat just about anything. I think that I am nearly at restriction with 5 cc in a 10 cc band but I need a bit of a tweek because I can really put some food away at dinner! In late afternoon and evening I can gulp water with no issues.

I have been experiencing the same thing since my last fill (which led to an unfill). I am super tight in the morning, moderate at lunchtime and starving from 4:00 on. I am due for a fill in about a week and a half- hopes it helps with evening hunger.

I usually can't eat until sometime after noon. I have had 3 fills and it seems it gets tighter in the week or two after the fill. I sometimes have problems just drinking Protein shakes before noon. But, I'm not really hungry either.

I too notice that my restriction usually kicks in 2 or 3 weeks after a fill. I have always been tighter in the morning anyway and as the day goes on, I am able to eat more. Someone mentioned that when you're dehydrated, your band tightens, so it would make sense that most people would be tighter in the mornings, seeing as you're sleeping and not able to take any Water in.

Everyone is different though, but I believe the majority of us are tighter in the morning.

Anyone have trouble with being tighter in the mornings and evenings but okay in the middle of the day?

Anyone have trouble with being tighter in the mornings and evenings but okay in the middle of the day?

My band is most tight in the morning I can not even drink my am coffee sometimes... mid afternoon is a little loser but I find that by dinner time it has lossend up and I can eat a good sized meal.

That has happened to me, mainly when I've taken an afternoon nap. It's like waking up from an overnight sleep all over again. Can't easily eat until I drink something warm. :laugh:

No but when I got my fill I couldn't even eat soup...It gradually got better and now I can eat meat? Ehhh? I think I've got a leak somewhere.

No but when I got my fill I couldn't even eat soup...It gradually got better and now I can eat meat? Ehhh? I think I've got a leak somewhere.

If you've lost weight since your fill it's totally normal for the type of foods you are able to tolerate to change.

We not only lose weight on the outside, but around our stomach too.. so effectively the band becomes looser and the tightness changes. :laugh:

If you've lost weight since your fill it's totally normal for the type of foods you are able to tolerate to change.

We not only lose weight on the outside, but around our stomach too.. so effectively the band becomes looser and the tightness changes. :)

Ahh, I see. But it's only been a week since I had my fill.

I'll be finding out soon (gosh, I really have to check when that appointment is :biggrin:). When I got my fill the first time he put the needle in I felt a pop - it was obviously in the port. The needle was too small though so he took it out and got another one. The second time he had trouble finding the port and put it in wayyy to the left - there was no pop...I didn't feel anything, but he got liquid in it. I'm guessing there's a possiblity that there may be a leak in the tubing. Since he did that it really bothered me and I had this weird feeling there might be a problem, so when I gradually could eat more, I got a little bit worried.

No matter though, it's an easy fix if there's a hole. I really hope there isn't and I hope you're right. I think I lost a little less than a kilo this week, which may have made the band a little looser, so as you said, there may be nothing to worry about.

He told me I have a 'little band'...He put 3ccs (apparently, I can't be 100% sure on this though) in the band...If it's a little band, it should be a 4cc band, right? That would mean it's almost full! :laugh:

I need to clear a few things up with my surgeon, me thinks. I'm writing down a bunch of questions to ask him the next time I see him :w00t: I'll have to add that one.

Cheers,

Wren.

I've learned that the band 'is what it is'. I'm usually tighter in the mornings and, after a fill, I don't see too much change for almost two weeks.

Thank you!

I thought i was the weird one,cause 10 days after my fill my band is tighter than the day of the fill.It sounds strange but that's how my band wants it to be.My surgeon said that it is very normal to have much more restriction in the morning.Stomach is a muscle, so if you are going 6-8 hours without eating i guess it is normal for the pouch to be "smaller" and less flexible and elastic (if that makes sense at all..)

After my last fill i am tight during the day,afternoon,evening,night and so on..For some days only,i can eat juuuust a little more easier after 5,6 o clock

Human body..go figure :laugh: