Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's June already

I can not believe that is is flipping June already. Where has this year gone?

I get the results back from my 3 month scans today. I have talked it over with my husband and now I am going to talk to my oncologist about having my chemo port removed. I thought about waiting at least for my next 3 month scans but I don't want to keep it any longer. I am tired of thinking that I should keep it "just in case". Yes it helps tons when I have to have my scans and blood work, but I just want it gone! So, when I have out I will get in to get a fill!! Kind of looking forward to that and kind of dreading it at the same time. Yes I know that I got this band to lose weight and to help keep it off, but it has been nice not having to worry about what I eat and not getting "stuck" on every other bite. Also, drinking while eating is going to be a hard one to give up again. I just have to get back to the place where my health IS my happiness. I hope you guys understood that.

Anyway, got to get a few things done so I can get to my appointment.

Take care all,

Well, my scan are all clear again and I have made the apointment with the surgeon to have my chemo port removed on June 16. I don't know when the port will be out but I am hoping asap so I can get in and get filled. I am so looking forward to getting this ball rolling in the downward motion again. I am starting at square one and have to relearn everything all over again.

Hey All, Mrs. Husker, you are one of my many mentors here. We all know we have our ups and downs and at times don't want to post. But then we get the courage and come and post. My reason this time was when I last posted I was losing and excerising and taking fitness classes and yoga. Since that time I had gain back 10lbs, taking fewer classes and less yoga. We at times find a reason to blame our weight gain on something. Mines is my frig needed repair and I was relying on my freezer to temp as the frig. Being it could only hold buy so much, I found myself eating take out often. Lending to my weight gain. I can't fit any of my new clothes and can't seem to find anything I like this summer.

So, I decided to come back and just post my results thus far. And it's not good. So, I going to take a stand and get back on track. 1st I need to get to back to going to the gym in the mornings. To work on time to get to leave early to get to my exercise/yoga classes on time. And once I get into that habit, I'm back on track. But, we all know starting it is the hard part.

So, thanks for being here and encouraging each other. Atleast this is the one place where we know, there are others that can relate to our problems. Love to you All. Thanks for being here and coming back...

Edited by Whitepants

Hi All. I see we're all taking a long break from logging on. Yes, we may all be too busy to log, found other sites, just plain forget or not having much success in losing the weight. Although I think of you often I just don't log on. I'm struggling with my weight again. Not eating or making healthy choices in foods. I've gone pass the junk food cravings.

My frig is still out and I'm blaming not being able to cook healthy meals for my weight halt. Using the freezer part as the frig so I can't cook like I want. But I do manage to keep on excerising which has keep my weight at a stand still somewhat. I have to step up my excerising to almost daily now. This would be excellent if I were eating healthy.

Well, enough for me, how are you doing?

Glad to hear from you, Gwen. I also have not logged on for awhile. I've been really busy with family.

I did get back to the lapband office and got another fill last week. I do think it has helped the hunger, but I still deal with the head thing all the time. Today for expamle I really want to eat, but I'm not hungry. I don't pretty good for the last week. It also has help with goint to wieght watchers againt. I have lost 8 lbs in the last month. Thats not a lot of weight yet, but I hope I cant lose that much again in the next month. I want to be real with myself and not expect to much. I think I alway want it to go away faster then it does.

Oh well, I will try the old saying "One day at a time."

I'm still making to the gym 5 days a week. So maybe I will whip this some day.

Hey you two. I just want to drop in and say Hi and let you know that this Friday I will be getting my chemo port out!!! YES!! I also have an appointment to get my fill July 9!! I am getting back on the band wagon!! I am scared to death and excited at the same time.

Hi all! Good to see you here. I forgot to look for a June thread and wondered why no one had posted for awhile. Duh!

Congrats, Barb! That's great news. Good luck with your port removal and fill. You'll be back in the lapband swing before you know it.

Carol and Gwen--good job analyzing your loss (or gains) and figuring out how to go from here.

I've gained about 10 lbs. from my lowest weight and need to stop NOW! I think I'm back on track. I eat when things are really stressful for me--I know that. I am dealing with my mom's Alzheimer's disease right now plus have my kids and grandkids are staying here at the house for the whole summer. Those two things do make it hard for me to concentrate on myself and do the things I need to, plus they create a lot of stress in my life. I'm going to work a 12-step program to help me give up control of my Mom's issues--I think it will help in other areas of my life as well. We'll see!

Thanks for listening. Good luck to everyone--Karen

Barb congrad on getting the port out. You will feel great once your back in control of your diet.

Karen hope you can relax and enjoy your grandkids this summer. I remember all to well try to take care of my mother-in-law. Its so hard and stressful. Don't forget to take time for yourself, its really important.

Carol

Barb congrad on getting the port out. You will feel great once your back in control of your diet.

Karen hope you can relax and enjoy your grandkids this summer. I remember all to well try to take care of my mother-in-law. Its so hard and stressful. Don't forget to take time for yourself, its really important.

Carol

Thanks, Carol.

Hello Ladies,

I must admit i haven't been on here in forever because i have been very disappointed in myself and ashamed by how much weight i have gained ... I have gained 20lbs from my lowest weight and was in a state of denial. And coming on here meant admitting to myself the reality.

Im embarresed by my gain, but i have come to realize in my head, why should i be scared of admitting my downfall to my fellow bandsters who are going throught the same thing.

I promise to log on at least once a week to post on here.

So i saw my band surgeon on sunday and got a little motivation from him and a review of getting back on the band wagon. I actually got an unfill, because i realized i was too tight and was relying too much on liquid calories and easy foods, because i couldnt get the healthy foods down, this is part of the reason i gained. I also lagged in the excercise department.

So today i started my food journaling again and i have a couple gym appts scheduled with my personal trainor. Im meeting with her 2 times this week and i have a couple days where im going with some friends to hold me accountable.

Im going back to the strict protien first diet. Im going to eat 3oz of protien with each meal and if im still hungry i will fill up on fruits and veegies. no more bad carbs. and unhealthy sugars.

So i hope the three of us will log on once a week and keep each other motivated. I know i really need the support from fellow bandsters because i really dont get support from my family. Looking back at my successes, i realized that i was most successful when i was logging in at least once a week or more.

Sorry for rambling on and on but i had to get my thoughts in writting, maybe this will keep my honest with myself.

Mrs. Husker, Im so happy you are cancer free. and you feel well enough to join the band wagon again.

i may have had my band to rely on this whole time but i have not used the tool THE WAY I WAS SUPPOSED TO. so its almost like im starting over again, we will all do it together and start from the begining.

Love you ladies like family, and hope to hear from you soon. I will be checking in later this week.

-Jeni M.:biggrin:

Thanks, Jeni, for your honest post. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction. I'm going to follow your lead here--thanks for keeping us all honest! Have a great week.

Jeni, Glad to see you back. There is no judgement here, we are all in the same boat. I believe this is life the way its always going to be, working hard to lose and stay at what ever weight we decide is right. So don't beat yourself up, just get on the right path again.

Carol

*Update*

Ok so i decided to give you ladies an update... Ive done really well with food the past 3 days... im only eating when hungrey, and protien first... i usually only manage to get 3oz of protien down. I'm not drinking with meals, and if i do snack in btw meals its either a fruit or veggie..

I went to work out with my trainor on wednesday, and today... 2 days in a row with a personal trainor is a killer... my legs hurt so bad that i cant even bend to sit down on the toilet.. lol

but its worth it..

So ladies how are you doing.?

-Jeni M.

in 3 days im down 1.5lbs!!! yay!!