Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel about "born-agains"?

How has what I wrote disrespected Mary?

And, BTW, if I disrespected Jesus' earthly mother, (which I didn't), doing so would not be able to send me to Hell. I have Jesus as my Savior, and He has forgiven me for ALL my sins. (Past, present and future ones) Our deeds do not determine our destination after we die, only our faith in Jesus determines that.

Are you saying Jesus doesnt listen to his mother. Hm, mom or Patty, thats a tough one!

Even I call Mary a blessed woman. She was chosen to carry the mother of God's own son, after all. But, I wouldn't dream of praying to her or worshiping her or putting her up on a pedestal or anything. "Worship the Lord your God, and Him only." and "There is only one mediator between man and God, and That is Jesus Christ." God commands it. I would NEVER dishonor His own words on the subject simply because the denomination that I belong to okays it. "Do not pray to the dead." I understand that you believe Mary is not 'dead', but in reality, she is. Her soul lives on after this life, but like all souls, it is asleep, lying dormant, waiting, until the ressurection day when Jesus returns for the rest of us and the world as we know it ends. To pray (talk) to her or anyone else who has died (saints) would be futile, since she is in a sleep state until then, just like the rest of creation who awaits the ressurection.

Patty, I dont think Jesus will be mad if you pray to his mother. You make it sound so evil, shame on you Patty Green!!!

Are you saying Jesus doesnt listen to his mother. Hm, mom or Patty, thats a tough one!

Can you blame him for not listening?

I wouldn't listen to anyone that tried spreading bull shit like virgin pregnancy either.

It is pretty obvious to me but apparently not to all who are posting here that LoserBob is a provocateur: he appears to love stirring the pot to get people riled up or he is one who just enjoys seeing who is stupid enough to take the bait then he simply watches and reads the moronic tripe that spews in -- and it always seems to happen. We have all fallen for this ruse but we don't all have to every time.

Sidebar to Cheri: You seem like a sincere, devoted Christian but you post like someone familiar with riding on the short bus to school. Is spelling that much of a challenge for you? Work a little harder on it. You are casting the wrong shadow in your posts. Your support for PG is a bit disconcerting for me but birds of a feather . . . .

I would like to point out two things here: 1. let Bob find somewhere else to spin his nonsense or don't get duped into a response that is clearly a goading not a questioning; and 2. can we all -- not just Cheri -- spend a bit more time reviewing our posts with some attention to the fundamentals of writing. There is no deadline for a post; take your time, compose, proof it, submit it and just move along.

And if not, so it goes. I have been wrong before and may be so again.

Is there a will-be-healthy, dummies edition, I Have no freakin clue what the #$%^ your talking about!

Can you blame him for not listening?

I wouldn't listen to anyone that tried spreading bull shit like virgin pregnancy either.

You must be a provocateur!

You must be a provocateur!

I am and never denied it.

It must be in the name. :scared2:

I like your writing style. Did you ever consider writing for Mother Jones or The Nation?

I quit posting on the whole mosque thread because it had disintegrated into just emotional, factless rants with sweeping generalizations.

It didnt disintegrate into anything, it started that way. If you want to post on the mosque thread I wont respond to your posts or if I do Ill just agree with everything you say! I dont understand, You and Patty have said the same bs over and over and over and over and over on every other topic but I give a different opinion than your and you get mad. I think you just gave up because you realized most others share my opinion, just maybe not to the same extreme!

Even though your mad I still agree with you about politics.CM.

Edited by loserbob

It didnt disintegrate into anything, it started that way. If you want to post on the mosque thread I wont respond to your posts or if I do Ill just agree with everything you say! I dont understand, You and Patty have said the same bs over and over and over and over and over on every other topic but I give a different opinion than your and you get mad. I think you just gave up because you realized most others share my opinion, just maybe not to the same extreme!

Even though your mad I still agree with you about politics.CM.

I quit posting because most of the stuff was bull$**t. As I have said before, when a posters got nothing, then they attack me personally and that's what was happening. Enough said. And I don't give a flying f**k who agreed with you or me. I don't need anyone to agree with my opinions. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, just not their own facts.

And as for my saying the same things over and over - well, that's because some are slow learners and deny facts even when they hit them in the face.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

my euphemistic instruction to Cheri to be more attentive to the details of her writing.

Your words do not bother me. I sometimes think faster than I type so what. Let me surprise you with what I do for a living. . . I am a graphic designer for a printing company for the last 26 years. I set type and draw logos all day . . .scary thought huh? (it would be nice if this site had a spell checker since we all depend on them way too much)

But that is why proof readers have a job. Ever notice how many mispelled words are in the newspapers, published books and all type of printed materials? Because imperfect people like me are doing it. But the world just keeps spinning anyway. Thank the Lord!!

If you feel I was "mean and nasty" as your buddy PG says, I offer this simple apology: I am sorry to have ruffled your sensibilities with what I posted. Perchance I was projecting my own sensitivities for our mother tongue having majored in and later taught composition; consequently it is a tough nut to swallow seeing the written word butchered with regularity on posts here and elsewhere not to mention emails, tweets, and the cryptic shorthand (LOL, OMG, etc.) of cyber-writing.

Your observation about the world spinning reveals more than I first observed. My pettiness in pointing out the flaws of your post mean nothing in the perspective of the larger picture. Had I paid more attention to Ecclesiastes I wouldn't have been so pretentious.

Here's a news flash: we are all imperfect but you know that from your own insight from the Bible.

Happy trails.

If you feel I was "mean and nasty" as your buddy PG says, I offer this simple apology: I am sorry to have ruffled your sensibilities with what I posted. Perchance I was projecting my own sensitivities for our mother tongue having majored in and later taught composition; consequently it is a tough nut to swallow seeing the written word butchered with regularity on posts here and elsewhere not to mention emails, tweets, and the cryptic shorthand (LOL, OMG, etc.) of cyber-writing.

Your observation about the world spinning reveals more than I first observed. My pettiness in pointing out the flaws of your post mean nothing in the perspective of the larger picture. Had I paid more attention to Ecclesiastes I wouldn't have been so pretentious.

Here's a news flash: we are all imperfect but you know that from your own insight from the Bible.

Happy trails.

Again, what?

I quit posting because most of the stuff was bull$**t. As I have said before, when a posters got nothing, then they attack me personally and that's what was happening. Enough said. And I don't give a flying f**k who agreed with you or me. I don't need anyone to agree with my opinions. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, just not their own facts.

And as for my saying the same things over and over - well, that's because some are slow learners and deny facts even when they hit them in the face.

You dont like getting into "pissing matches" with people who can piss further than you!

Ah, she took the bait! Will-be-healthy, did you call her stupid!

Fine! If thats the way you want to be, I dont agree with you politically either, im turning republican!

You werent being attacked any more than you attack Patty Green. I think it was pretty mean to "hope she never returns" from her trip or to these boards, which ever you meant, that was pretty personal! Thats a fact!

"Poster having nothing" means poster doesnt share your views so therefore said poster is wrong!(Will-be, your rubbing off on me, ("said poster") and I didnt even take a composition class!

Now I dont even understand what the f%$^ I wrote!

The only possible personal attack might have been when I called you a hypocrit, which you where because again it is ok for Obama to change immigration laws allowing illegals here to become legal just because they're here(which you would support) but its not ok to change zoning laws to not allow a mosque near ground zero! Also hypocritical(new point), you agree with law only because its a democrat supporting it, if it where a rep pres(god forbid) your opinion would be 180 deg from what it is now. Third hyp point, you come off as this "I love everyone and everything" well, I brought out the hate in you! Will-be, your right, she bought it hook, line and sinker! Shit, now I feel like fishing, you made it seem easy!

You dont like getting into "pissing matches" with people who can piss further than you!

Ah, she took the bait! Will-be-healthy, did you call her stupid!

Fine! If thats the way you want to be, I dont agree with you politically either, im turning republican!

Phillistine. It was "duped" not "stupid" stupid. Pity the Rethuglians . . . you couldn't turn a corner let alone a political party. Furthermore it is "farther" not "further" -- cretin.

Now scurry back to the dark corners with the other cockroaches.

:scared2:

Apparently you didn't make the distinction explained in the post about praying TO and praying THROUGH.

Praying through? Now, let me see..... I have a friend named Linda who lives in town. I think I'll pray to her and ask her for all my needs. She can then talk to God about my needs, and He will answer her for me.:scared2: Why not? She's not dead or anything? She's a living soul? :) See how ridiculus that is?

And I asked a friend of mine who, along with her husband, are missionaries (evangelical christians) whose life's work is the bible and christianity. They have been to China and are now in Hungary. I think their knowledge and experience trumps yours. And they explained to me that after a person dies they are not constrained by our concept of time. Time is meaningless. Therefore, judgement day comes for them when they die.

You can not have a judgement day until after Jesus returns. Since He hasn't done that yet, there hasn't been a judgement day.

That is what I believe. And those people who go to heaven have eternal life.

And your explanation of "soul sleep" is not in the bible.

After a believer dies, his body stays in the ground and his soul goes to a place called Paradise where it awaits the judgement. Many scriptures teach that it is a place of rest or sleep. On the ressurection day, the soul returns to the body and it is ressurected. What do the souls of believers experience in Paradise? God has revealed very little about this, except that it will be a place of enjoyment and comfort and rest in the presence of God, where there is no death or sin or care. It is a place that is “far better” than our life here, where we will be “at home with the Lord.” Whether the souls of those in heaven are able to see what happens on the earth, or in what way time passes, has not been revealed in God’s Word. Therefore definite statements should be avoided. So, as far as whether they are sleeping in God's presence in Paradise, I can not say for certain, but the bible tends to lean that way, so if I were to gesture, it would be that they do. Since many scriptures teach that you can not talk to the dead, or that Jesus is thee only mediator for us, I come to that conclusion.

Even if I am not correct about souls sleeping, it makes no difference. Talking to the dead is strictly forbidden by God in the scriptures. So is having any other mediator but Jesus.