Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel about "born-agains"?

New Poll Shows Comprehensive Immigration Reform has Broad Support

The headline of a recent Washington Post-ABC News poll reads, "Most Americans Back New Immigration Law," while this is true it only tells half the story.

While most Americans support the Arizona law they equally support a pathway to citizenship.

It is true that there is support for SB1070, lets look at the cross tabs:

31. A new law in Arizona would give police the power to ask people they've stopped to verify their residency status. (Supporters say this will help crack down on illegal immigration.) (Opponents say it could violate civil rights and lead to racial profiling.) On balance, do you support or oppose this law? Do you feel that way strongly or somewhat?

-------- Support -------- -------- Oppose --------- No

NET Strongly Somewhat NET Somewhat Strongly opinion

6/6/10 58 42 16 41 12 29 2

58% of Americans strongly support the Arizona law, however there is almost equal support for a pathway to citizenship.

30. Would you support or oppose a program giving ILLEGAL immigrants now living in the United States the right to live here LEGALLY if they pay a fine and meet other requirements?

Support Oppose No opinion

6/6/10 57 40 3

4/24/09 61 35 3

12/19/07 49 46 5

11/1/07 51 44 4

6/1/07 52 44 4

57% of Americans support a pathway to citizenship provided the immigrants pay back taxes and meet other requirements.

It is important that that political pundits and legislators recognize, that while SB1070 is popular,fixing our broken immigration system is equally popular.

Not only does the polling data shows that Americans want something done on comprehensive immigration reform, but it shows consistent support for immigration reform going back three years.

Also of note within this poll there is broad support for federal enforcement of immigration law vs. state only enforcement.

The question in the poll reads:

In general do you think states should be allowed to make and enforce their own immigration laws or should they be left to federal jurisdiction.

53% of the respondents said that the federal government should be responsible for making and enforcing immigration laws.

It is significant, that the general public recognizes that the federal government should be responsible for passing and enforcing immigration laws.

This statistic is another indicator that the public would rather have federal comprehensive legislation then allow states to create their own laws.

When the term "most Americans" is used it usually refers to polls and they don't include children so one half of the population is not relevant for this purpose.

Ill go over this better later. I support mostly what it says,especially the part about immigration should be enforced by the fed gov, it cant be state to state. I just dont know how the law should be allowed to change just because theyre here but on the other hand whats the sense of sending them back(we would have to absorb the bill for travel back to home countries)when theyll be allowed to come right back legally. When done legally we would know their backgrounds, criminal history. This is such a deep subject with so many issues, Its going to take forever to get it done if they do it right. This country is made up of immigrants from every country in the world, I have no problem if its done legally.

I must say, your on top of your game. I left for 5-10 min and you had the poll posted already!

I cant be so fortunate to claim non-support, I voted for him the 2nd term because I bought into his bull after 9-11! I was becoming interested in politics around this time because of 9-11 and the wars. I said in the past I thought what Hannity and Beck said was the gospel, now I listen just to get pissed off. It makes me so uncomfortable to listen to them anymore.

Very refreshing for someone to admit that they regretted voting for bush either time and saw the "light" about Hannity, Beck and the rest. Thank you for your honesty. Maybe now we can sing kumbaya. :rolleyes:

By the way Will-be, I would have aced your class, Nap-time and lunch where my favorites, 4.0s all the way!

:rolleyes:

Whimsical speculation, LB. Your behavior is like your chronic verbal tics and covert vacant self-esteem: manifestations of deep seeded psychosis. Classic example of narcissistic personality disorder.

Get help, LB.

Seriously, get professional help.

You aren't as bad as you try to come off. For me, I get an image of you, LB, as a scared little boy desperately wanting to be picked for the team, invited to the party, included in the conversation. But you are not picked, you are not invited, you are not included. So you lash out. Belittle others. Abuse of all sorts erupts. Any and every thing to try to level the playing field.

How very sad for you.

But you know something, LB? The Lord loves you and forgives you.

You don't have to believe me or anyone who tells you this, but that doesn't negate this truth.

Peace of Christ be with you.

:(

Whimsical speculation, LB. Your behavior is like your chronic verbal tics and covert vacant self-esteem: manifestations of deep seeded psychosis. Classic example of narcissistic personality disorder.

Get help, LB.

Seriously, get professional help.

You aren't as bad as you try to come off. For me, I get an image of you, LB, as a scared little boy desperately wanting to be picked for the team, invited to the party, included in the conversation. But you are not picked, you are not invited, you are not included. So you lash out. Belittle others. Abuse of all sorts erupts. Any and every thing to try to level the playing field.

How very sad for you.

But you know something, LB? The Lord loves you and forgives you.

You don't have to believe me or anyone who tells you this, but that doesn't negate this truth.

Peace of Christ be with you.

Actually most of that is incorrect, Ive always been one of the first picked at most things. There might be some self-esteem issues, subconsciously but who doesnt. Ive always felt fairly confident in myself. Actually I have been described as easygoing by friends and family. Im nothing like this in everyday life other than on here lately. I made a new thread apologizing called "I apologize" because I do sincerely feel bad about most of what I posted. Im sure you noticed most of my posts lack any substance. Usually I try to piss someone off then kinda add a joke in there somehow. Im not saying I didnt realize what I was saying while saying, I said alot of mean things to people I dont know. I cant go back but from here on out Im done and again I apologize!(especially what I said to you Will-be and Cleosmom). Somehow I let it get out of hand.

Actually most of that is incorrect, Ive always been one of the first picked at most things. There might be some self-esteem issues, subconsciously but who doesnt. Ive always felt fairly confident in myself. Actually I have been described as easygoing by friends and family. Im nothing like this in everyday life other than on here lately. I made a new thread apologizing called "I apologize" because I do sincerely feel bad about most of what I posted. Im sure you noticed most of my posts lack any substance. Usually I try to piss someone off then kinda add a joke in there somehow. Im not saying I didnt realize what I was saying while saying, I said alot of mean things to people I dont know. I cant go back but from here on out Im done and again I apologize!(especially what I said to you Will-be and Cleosmom). Somehow I let it get out of hand.

You don't have to apologize, but thanks. :( BTW, I belong to Angieslist and I couldn't find you. Do you have a lot of reports from people?

This is one of those time I actually feel good about being wrong about someone.

There are some lingering doubts though.

For instance, let's say you are bipolar -- and I don't wish that on anyone -- or you are much cleverer than I took you for. For now I am going with the latter.

The deception is more likely the mark of being clever not disturbed.

In fact, I can relate to what you were doing. I took on a false image on a blog a little over a year ago; it was one where you could post pictures as an avatar so I chose one of Son of Sam (David Berkowitz). It was grainy and seemed to emote raw evil. I was amused by how many people didn't have a clue whose picture that was, so gradually my posts became increasingly malicious and cruel so the picture and the persona matched up. (I had initially toyed with using Robert Redford but that seemed like it was too easy, too obvious, too simple a connection -- same with Richard Ramirez or Joseph Goebbels). Many a night I'd go to bed laughing after zapping a few with crude and spiteful observations, quips, attacks, non sequiturs, threats and boasts,but the really strange thing was that after a while I started to feel really creepy -- so much so that I just stopped. I admit it was fun but it was also mean spirited. Not one of my proudest moments, for sure.

So whatever you are, LB, have a great life and make the most of it everyday. And like that old and dreadful Milton Berle comedy, "always leave them laughing."

You don't have to apologize, but thanks. :( BTW, I belong to Angieslist and I couldn't find you. Do you have a lot of reports from people?

Angies List:

Im not a member, They call me and send me mail about people who are happy with my work asking me to advertise with them. Im not 1oo% sure how they work but they tell me Im on a preferred list or triple A rating because Ive had a few customers happy with me and If I advertise they can move me up. I guess when they recomend a company they put you on a rotating list, if you advertise you get moved to the top of the list(they explained it like, my name doesnt always come up(on a rotation), if I advertise it will be on a permanent list. (you would always see my name). Thats all I know, also people say they found me from Angies List. Other than that, Im not sure how they work.

As far as how many I have I dont know. Ive never looked on there. They explained that I have enough good reports to put me on the preferred list or triple-A rating I cant remember. I would give you my co. name but I would rather not on here.(BBB and AL have Preferred and Triple A, Im not sure which is which. BBB sent me a booklet(preferred list) awhile back with my name in it. Actually I think I need to renew my BBB.

This is one of those time I actually feel good about being wrong about someone.

There are some lingering doubts though.

For instance, let's say you are bipolar -- and I don't wish that on anyone -- or you are much cleverer than I took you for. For now I am going with the latter.

The deception is more likely the mark of being clever not disturbed.

In fact, I can relate to what you were doing. I took on a false image on a blog a little over a year ago; it was one where you could post pictures as an avatar so I chose one of Son of Sam (David Berkowitz). It was grainy and seemed to emote raw evil. I was amused by how many people didn't have a clue whose picture that was, so gradually my posts became increasingly malicious and cruel so the picture and the persona matched up. (I had initially toyed with using Robert Redford but that seemed like it was too easy, too obvious, too simple a connection -- same with Richard Ramirez or Joseph Goebbels). Many a night I'd go to bed laughing after zapping a few with crude and spiteful observations, quips, attacks, non sequiturs, threats and boasts,but the really strange thing was that after a while I started to feel really creepy -- so much so that I just stopped. I admit it was fun but it was also mean spirited. Not one of my proudest moments, for sure.

So whatever you are, LB, have a great life and make the most of it everyday. And like that old and dreadful Milton Berle comedy, "always leave them laughing."

Im not sure why I let it get as far as it did. I didnt relate to anyone(portraying Son of Sam, thank god). I cant explain it. Like you said it was fun, I would try to put in a "funny line" so people would realize I wasnt serious(hating all muslims). Then i went further and further and it became easy. I would get off here feeling bad so thats why I am where I am right now.

Angies List:

Im not a member, They call me and send me mail about people who are happy with my work asking me to advertise with them. Im not 1oo% sure how they work but they tell me Im on a preferred list or triple A rating because Ive had a few customers happy with me and If I advertise they can move me up. I guess when they recomend a company they put you on a rotating list, if you advertise you get moved to the top of the list(they explained it like, my name doesnt always come up(on a rotation), if I advertise it will be on a permanent list. (you would always see my name). Thats all I know, also people say they found me from Angies List. Other than that, Im not sure how they work.

As far as how many I have I dont know. Ive never looked on there. They explained that I have enough good reports to put me on the preferred list or triple-A rating I cant remember. I would give you my co. name but I would rather not on here.(BBB and AL have Preferred and Triple A, Im not sure which is which. BBB sent me a booklet(preferred list) awhile back with my name in it. Actually I think I need to renew my BBB.

As a member I can write a report (good or bad, and I've done both) about someone who has done work for me. They review it to verify it and then post it. When I search the list for an area it is listed by an A grade to F grade, but you can also switch it and have it go from closest to farthest, and a few other ways it can be ranked. Plus you can go on each one and read the reports. Some don't have reports yet. But if people are finding you from the list then you're on it.

Congrats on getting good grades.

About Angies list. I just finished up on here. I was going to find the paperwork to see what it says but I couldnt remember where it was.So I typed in what I thought it said(previous post about AL). I went upstairs and walked past my fireplace and it fell off the mantle. It says in Nov 2010 theyre having a plumbing, drain cleaning, Water heater section. This offer is by invite only for companies with an "A" rating on AL.

Then they want me to buy adds! My contact is Kelly Pandoli, I got one, actually two letters in the mail last week and the contact was different, Lisa I believe. Im thinking about advertising with them, Im not sure yet.

About Angies list. I just finished up on here. I was going to find the paperwork to see what it says but I couldnt remember where it was.So I typed in what I thought it said(previous post about AL). I went upstairs and walked past my fireplace and it fell off the mantle. It says in Nov 2010 theyre having a plumbing, drain cleaning, Water heater section. This offer is by invite only for companies with an "A" rating on AL.

Then they want me to buy adds! My contact is Kelly Pandoli, I got one, actually two letters in the mail last week and the contact was different, Lisa I believe. Im thinking about advertising with them, Im not sure yet.

Don't buy anything until I check this out. If you want to PM me with the name of your business, I can check it out. Because if people say they saw you on Angie's List (and you have to be a paying member to sign on and view the list) then you are already on it so why should you pay? They put out a montly magazine that they send to all members and places of business advertise there and some offer coupons, etc.. so maybe that's what they meant - that they wanted you to advertise in their magazine.