Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel about "born-agains"?

How dare you disrespect the mother of Jesus! You will rot in hell!

How has what I wrote disrespected Mary?

And, BTW, if I disrespected Jesus' earthly mother, (which I didn't), doing so would not be able to send me to Hell. I have Jesus as my Savior, and He has forgiven me for ALL my sins. (Past, present and future ones) Our deeds do not determine our destination after we die, only our faith in Jesus determines that.

How did we disrespected Mary! . . . but even if someone did it is not the ultimate sin. God blessed Mary by choosing her to concieve Jesus the Son of God. But we can not pray to Mary it is useless. You only get to the Father (God) through the Son (Jesus), not through Mary or a Priest

You might rot in hell if that is all you have. But I know where I am going when I died. Which sometimes is temping because this world and a lot of creation is evil in their thoughts and the things they speak

God can handle a lot of things but rejection is the ultimate sin. When I die I want to see my family who has gone before me. I want to be amazed when I see Jesus and God sitting on their thrones and 10,000 angels and people praising God all day and night

We will miss you! Unless God hits you on the head and shows Himself to you so you can no longer deny it

Cheri

Edited by 123crod
Just for Will_B_Healthy

It is pretty obvious to me but apparently not to all who are posting here that LoserBob is a provocateur: he appears to love stirring the pot to get people riled up or he is one who just enjoys seeing who is stupid enough to take the bait then he simply watches and reads the moronic tripe that spews in -- and it always seems to happen. We have all fallen for this ruse but we don't all have to every time.

Sidebar to Cheri: You seem like a sincere, devoted Christian but you post like someone familiar with riding on the short bus to school. Is spelling that much of a challenge for you? Work a little harder on it. You are casting the wrong shadow in your posts. Your support for PG is a bit disconcerting for me but birds of a feather . . . .

I would like to point out two things here: 1. let Bob find somewhere else to spin his nonsense or don't get duped into a response that is clearly a goading not a questioning; and 2. can we all -- not just Cheri -- spend a bit more time reviewing our posts with some attention to the fundamentals of writing. There is no deadline for a post; take your time, compose, proof it, submit it and just move along.

And if not, so it goes. I have been wrong before and may be so again.

It is pretty obvious to me but apparently not to all who are posting here that LoserBob is a provocateur: he appears to love stirring the pot to get people riled up or he is one who just enjoys seeing who is stupid enough to take the bait then he simply watches and reads the moronic tripe that spews in -- and it always seems to happen. We have all fallen for this ruse but we don't all have to every time.

Sidebar to Cheri: You seem like a sincere, devoted Christian but you post like someone familiar with riding on the short bus to school. Is spelling that much of a challenge for you? Work a little harder on it. You are casting the wrong shadow in your posts. Your support for PG is a bit disconcerting for me but birds of a feather . . . .

I would like to point out two things here: 1. let Bob find somewhere else to spin his nonsense or don't get duped into a response that is clearly a goading not a questioning; and 2. can we all -- not just Cheri -- spend a bit more time reviewing our posts with some attention to the fundamentals of writing. There is no deadline for a post; take your time, compose, proof it, submit it and just move along.

I like your writing style. Did you ever consider writing for Mother Jones or The Nation?

I quit posting on the whole mosque thread because it had disintegrated into just emotional, factless rants with sweeping generalizations.

Let us not forget that the bible says that all generations will call Mary blessed.

Here is one explanation:

Why do Catholics pray to Mary and the Saints?

A. When we “pray to Mary” we are merely asking Mary and/or the Saints to pray for us in exactly the same way as when we ask another Christian to pray for us. This is nothing more than asking for intercessory prayer. And just like most Christians ,when we are in need of prayer we ask those we consider to be closest to God. If I need prayer for healing for my mom with cancer I will not ask the drug dealer on the corner or even a nominal Christian to pray for me. Instead, I ask the holiest Christians I know. After all, James 5:16 says, “the fervent prayer of a righteous man is very powerful”.

Misunderstanding arises between Protestants and Catholics because of our use of the phrase “pray to Mary” or “pray to St. Francis” etc. For Protestants, with a shorter history, prayer is only and always directed to God. However, for Catholics the older uses of the English “pray” have endured through the centuries. In medieval English it was common to use the word “pray” as a synonym for “ask”. I pray thee, good king, give me …. Plus, as usual in human speech this phraseology has endured because it is short and sweet. It is easier to say, I will pray to Mary than to say, I will ask Mary to pray to God for me. While the second sentence is more theologically accurate it is also more than twice as long. So, no one uses it in everyday speech.

Despite this colloquialism, the prayers of the Church are theologically correct. For instance, in the Hail Mary we say, “Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.” and in the I Confess we say, “And I ask blessed Mary, all the angels and saints, and you my brothers and sisters to pray for me to the Lord our God.”

Another difference between Protestants and Catholics is how we view those Christians who have died. Protestants remember them and miss them but once they are dead they are beyond this world and our prayers. And although Protestants certainly believe in the Body of Christ they tend to think of this consisting of living Christians only. Dead Christians are either in Heaven or Hell and no longer connected or affected or interested in events in this world.

But ,for Catholics, all Christians both the living and the “dead” are a part of the Body of Christ. We remain connected to each other. We continue to love, care and pray for each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. Therefore, intercessory prayer continues through the power of God, among the members of the Body of Christ, because we are all alive.

POINT TO PONDER FROM JOHNNY LEE CLARY:

Protestants teach that eternal life begins for Christians the moment they accept Jesus as their Savior. It is taught that the soul of man never dies and that if you are born again, then you just pass from one home to the other. Therefore, after reading the above explanation of prayers asking Mary to interceed for us to Jesus,(James 5:16 the prayers of the righteous avail much) what is wrong with it and why is it a so-called 'sin' in the eyes of Protestants if in fact the Christian never dies? Can't they interceed for us to God just like a Christian here on Earth?

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Let us not forget that the bible says that all generations will call Mary blessed.

Here is one explanation:

Why do Catholics pray to Mary and the Saints?

A. When we “pray to Mary” we are merely asking Mary and/or the Saints to pray for us in exactly the same way as when we ask another Christian to pray for us. This is nothing more than asking for intercessory prayer. And just like most Christians ,when we are in need of prayer we ask those we consider to be closest to God. If I need prayer for healing for my mom with cancer I will not ask the drug dealer on the corner or even a nominal Christian to pray for me. Instead, I ask the holiest Christians I know. After all, James 5:16 says, “the fervent prayer of a righteous man is very powerful”.

Misunderstanding arises between Protestants and Catholics because of our use of the phrase “pray to Mary” or “pray to St. Francis” etc. For Protestants, with a shorter history, prayer is only and always directed to God. However, for Catholics the older uses of the English “pray” have endured through the centuries. In medieval English it was common to use the word “pray” as a synonym for “ask”. I pray thee, good king, give me …. Plus, as usual in human speech this phraseology has endured because it is short and sweet. It is easier to say, I will pray to Mary than to say, I will ask Mary to pray to God for me.

When Jesus died for us on the cross, he made a way for us to go straight to the Father and ask anything we desire of Him. There is no need for anyone to talk to God for us anymore. We can do it ourselves, without shame or condemnation before us because Jesus took it away.

While the second sentence is more theologically accurate it is also more than twice as long. So, no one uses it in everyday speech.

Despite this colloquialism, the prayers of the Church are theologically correct. For instance, in the Hail Mary we say, “Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.” and in the I Confess we say, “And I ask blessed Mary, all the angels and saints, and you my brothers and sisters to pray for me to the Lord our God.”

Another difference between Protestants and Catholics is how we view those Christians who have died. Protestants remember them and miss them but once they are dead they are beyond this world and our prayers. And although Protestants certainly believe in the Body of Christ they tend to think of this consisting of living Christians only. Dead Christians are either in Heaven or Hell and no longer connected or affected or interested in events in this world.

But ,for Catholics, all Christians both the living and the “dead” are a part of the Body of Christ. We remain connected to each other. We continue to love, care and pray for each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. Therefore, intercessory prayer continues through the power of God, among the members of the Body of Christ, because we are all alive.

POINT TO PONDER FROM JOHNNY LEE CLARY:

Protestants teach that eternal life begins for Christians the moment they accept Jesus as their Savior. It is taught that the soul of man never dies and that if you are born again, then you just pass from one home to the other. Therefore, after reading the above explanation of prayers asking Mary to interceed for us to Jesus,(James 5:16 the prayers of the righteous avail much) what is wrong with it and why is it a so-called 'sin' in the eyes of Protestants if in fact the Christian never dies? Can't they interceed for us to God just like a Christian here on Earth?

Even I call Mary a blessed woman. She was chosen to carry the mother of God's own son, after all. But, I wouldn't dream of praying to her or worshiping her or putting her up on a pedestal or anything. "Worship the Lord your God, and Him only." and "There is only one mediator between man and God, and That is Jesus Christ." God commands it. I would NEVER dishonor His own words on the subject simply because the denomination that I belong to okays it. "Do not pray to the dead." I understand that you believe Mary is not 'dead', but in reality, she is. Her soul lives on after this life, but like all souls, it is asleep, lying dormant, waiting, until the ressurection day when Jesus returns for the rest of us and the world as we know it ends. To pray (talk) to her or anyone else who has died (saints) would be futile, since she is in a sleep state until then, just like the rest of creation who awaits the ressurection.

You sound like a mean and nasty person. To say what you said about Cheri is totally unacceptable. Shame on you. Or are you capable of feeling shame? Somehow, I think not. You write like your writing a novel, and not like you are talking to other human beings. Work on it!

I like your writing style. Did you ever consider writing for Mother Jones or The Nation?

I quit posting on the whole mosque thread because it had disintegrated into just emotional, factless rants with sweeping generalizations.

Hey there Cleo's Mom:

Thanks but it clearly disturbs others and that is still okay with me.

No I haven't considered either; I used to read MJ and will scan The Nation or Andrew Sullivan's blog.

What "mosque thread"? Sorry, I am not quite tuned into your allusion? Can you explain that like I am a five year old? A senior moment is blocking my perceptions.

High regards and I will seek your other posting sites.

You sound like a mean and nasty person. To say what you said about Cheri is totally unacceptable. Shame on you. Or are you capable of feeling shame? Somehow, I think not. You write like your writing a novel, and not like you are talking to other human beings. Work on it!

Oh sticks and stones, PG. Sticks and stones.

Physician heal thyself.

You are such a hypocrite: in your recent clarifying post you deny your own intolerance and then demonstrate it at the same time and over and over again. You are such a two-dimensional bore. Get real.

If my prose is too tough for you, stick to My Pet Goat. It may be more your speed and depth.

KMA sister! How's that for mean and nasty?

:):tongue::ohmy::tongue::present::tongue::mad::tongue:

Hey there Cleo's Mom:

Thanks but it clearly disturbs others and that is still okay with me.

No I haven't considered either; I used to read MJ and will scan The Nation or Andrew Sullivan's blog.

What "mosque thread"? Sorry, I am not quite tuned into your allusion? Can you explain that like I am a five year old? A senior moment is blocking my perceptions.

High regards and I will seek your other posting sites.

There are two threads on R&R:

How do you feel about a mosque at ground zero and

Unfu**king believable both started by same poster.

Both are irrational rants painting all Muslims as terrorists and being offended by having a 150 year old building two blocks from ground zero (which is being used once a week now by muslims) being expanded to be a mosque and community center. Other places of worship (christian) near ground zero are okay. Lots of hate on those threads, much like the immigration one.

Even I call Mary a blessed woman. She was chosen to carry the mother of God's own son, after all. But, I wouldn't dream of praying to her or worshiping her or putting her up on a pedestal or anything. "Worship the Lord your God, and Him only." and "There is only one mediator between man and God, and That is Jesus Christ." God commands it. I would NEVER dishonor His own words on the subject simply because the denomination that I belong to okays it. "Do not pray to the dead." I understand that you believe Mary is not 'dead', but in reality, she is. Her soul lives on after this life, but like all souls, it is asleep, lying dormant, waiting, until the ressurection day when Jesus returns for the rest of us and the world as we know it ends. To pray (talk) to her or anyone else who has died (saints) would be futile, since she is in a sleep state until then, just like the rest of creation who awaits the ressurection.

Apparently you didn't make the distinction explained in the post about praying TO and praying THROUGH. And I asked a friend of mine who, along with her husband, are missionaries (evangelical christians) whose life's work is the bible and christianity. They have been to China and are now in Hungary. I think their knowledge and experience trumps yours. And they explained to me that after a person dies they are not constrained by our concept of time. Time is meaningless. Therefore, judgement day comes for them when they die. That is what I believe. And those people who go to heaven have eternal life.

And your explanation of "soul sleep" is not in the bible.

There are two threads on R&R:

How do you feel about a mosque at ground zero and

Unfu**king believable both started by same poster.

Both are irrational rants painting all Muslims as terrorists and being offended by having a 150 year old building two blocks from ground zero (which is being used once a week now by muslims) being expanded to be a mosque and community center. Other places of worship (christian) near ground zero are okay. Lots of hate on those threads, much like the immigration one.

Thanks C'sM.

Thanks for the heads up/clarification. That sounds like two sites to give a wide berth.

BTW if you want a good chuckle check out PG's recent smack down to my euphemistic instruction to Cheri to be more attentive to the details of her writing. As usual PG singled something out of context to eviscerate; selective and inadequate MO. Ms. Intolerance wrote I was mean and nasty along with a finger wagging "shame on you" to boot. I thought she was headed to Maine but one of our posts must have caught her on the way out the door and she's been fragging ever since. I feel so shameful I am covering up every cross and crucifix in my home lest the Lord smites me for trying to advise instead of being a thumper. Too funny!

Regards and respect as always,

my euphemistic instruction to Cheri to be more attentive to the details of her writing.

Your words do not bother me. I sometimes think faster than I type so what. Let me surprise you with what I do for a living. . . I am a graphic designer for a printing company for the last 26 years. I set type and draw logos all day . . .scary thought huh? (it would be nice if this site had a spell checker since we all depend on them way too much)

But that is why proof readers have a job. Ever notice how many mispelled words are in the newspapers, published books and all type of printed materials? Because imperfect people like me are doing it. But the world just keeps spinning anyway. Thank the Lord!!

Who the fu$% is this?