Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I made a mistake!!

I was banded on April 29, and had a great experience. Very Happy. 2 days ago I got a breast reduction/ lift. Paid for by insurrance. I was supposed to be a c cup, but I am a B cup. Too small It is very painful. He did some Lipo on the side and that is really bruised and hurts like heck. I have a flat chest and a very big stomach. I guess the swelling is making me look very diformed (sp?) Is any of this normal? Does it get better? I was so happy up until 2 days ago. I was 25 pounds down but now I am up 6 pounds and I am only on liquids. I can not figure out why I am gaining wieght.

Thank you so much for any help or advice.

Teri:confused:

Edited by beachcitygirl

WOW! Surprised you went for reduction surgery so soon into the banding process! Mistake or not what's done is done so go on from there. I understand the pain after reduction or reconstruction is worse then after a mastectomy (which I had last year).

About weight gain, you need to contact the nutrition consultant at your Gastric Surgeon's office first thing Monday and talk to her about what's going on with your weight and intake. It may be a post op thing of some sort.

Until then be sure you are getting enough plain Water and that your Proteins are where they are supposed to be. Also be sure you are getting ALL of your suppliments in.

Which reminds me, time for my afternoon suppliments!

TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF!

i agree with the last reply whats done is done.... but the weight gain i dont. anytime you have surgery you are going to swell and you are going to gain weight even if you didnt eat a lb because your body went through a surgery the weight will come off in about two weeks maybe less depending on the swelling. its normal to gain weight. i gained like 13 lbs after having a tt and a breast lift within two weeks or so i dropped back down to what i was pre op. so don't stress so much it will only make it worse. in the mean time heal and get some rest..

Thank you so much!! That helps a lot. I was not preparred for wieght gain. Is it normal to feel kind of emotional about little things bugging me?Maybe it is just the pain making me act silly. Since Jan. I have been going through all the test for lap band, then Feb 22 had gall blatter removed, April 29, lap band put on. I was supposed to have BL/BR before all the other stuff. Then before I knew it my authorization was about to expire. OK, So whats done is done. I will try to focus on the positive. Thanks again.

Teri

People that have plastic surgery and liposuction gain weight temporarily from the swelling and Fluid retention.

It will disperse over time. The surgeon should have warned you about this.

I've been doing a lot of reading about abdominoplasty

You are right, you would think the Surgeon would have mentioned a little wt. gain. I am still on liquids only and I am up 6 pounds.

hey hun I had a reduction when I was just 19 back in 2000. I can tell you that it DOES get better :confused: They will look very odd and mishapen for about 3-6 months before they "settle" into place. Like you I felt like they were too small right after, but when the fell into place I gained a full cup size. I currently wear a 38 C if I want some cleveage or a 38D if I am looking for full coverage.

I wont say that there are no problems each breast is shaped differently. My nipple placement is uneven and the areola is different shaped and size, but in the end I am still happy I did it. My back thanks me every day. As I got older one thing I found is that as I gained weight (was only about 130 at time of reduction with 28" waist) it was hard to fit into plus size tops as they seemed to be made for large women with large breast. Since you are loosing though it seems as though you wont have to deal with that problem:)

If after a few months they still seem to small then just invest in some heavy padded bras and they increase you 1-2 sizes. all of my bras these days are padded push ups

Thanks Jill. I was wonderring if they would "fall into place". They seem so flat and rock hard. The worse part is where he did the Lipo. near the arm pit. The skin is very tight and hot to the touch. I can't put my arms straight down. That is where most the pain comes from. I do not know if this is normal. I do have an appt. today with the Dr. I just scarred. I don't want to have to have the drain put in or some other painful procedure. O I need to stop!! I get myself so worked up, probably for nothing.

I was in that boat, I had a lift 2mo. before banding. The Doc took me down to a B cup and I was wanting a full C. I was devastated and thought for sure I was going to have Frankinboobs forever. 6 mo. after banding I was still upset because they looked so small and the top was kinda flat so I insisted on implants wanting to be a full C or small D But I came out with 38DD's Now that I'm almost to goal they look hugh, Perky but hugh. So my advice is to wait until you get to goal weight before you decide you don't like them. I want to add I love my new boobs now but wish I had waited until I was at goal so they were sized to fit my new body more. But live and learn.

Frankinboobs- What a great description!! That is exactly how I feel. He told me I would be a full C. So I did not think I would be a B. Good advice about waiting until goal before I decide what to do. How much do implants run. I'm just lookin for a ballpark figure. Did you get them done here or Mexico?

I checked into Mexico as I had my band there and it was a great experience, But the Surgeon that did my lift gave me a discount for being a return client and it only came to $4100.00 including her services the cost of the implants the O R and the Anesthesiologist so I got them done by her. It would have came out about the same or a little less because I didn't have flight and hotel to pay for and didn't have to travel. I was glad I went that route because I ended up having to have revision on the lift after the implants settled (which took 3mo.) And she charged me nothing for that but I did have to pay $400.00 to the Anesthesiologist. I would have hated to have to pay for another trip to Mexico.

I went from a G down to a small C and I was a little shocked at first because I had been so big for so so long. Now, I'm getting used to where I am. When I look at the pretty bras in the stores, there are plenty that offer some padding and uplifting to make me look fuller and I think I will be fine. My doctor had warned me I could end up as a full B and I'm glad I came out a small C but even if I had gotten down to B, I can't picture myself going back for implants especially if some crazy surgeon talked me into DD implants. Now that I don't understand. Hopefully things will settle down, emotionally and with swelling, and things and you'll be happy long term.

I.m with speical k, went from a 44g down to a full b for about six months then they settled into place and are a full c now. Love th frankinboob phrase it's so true. My concern is i'm just starting this band journey and I had my reduction about 6 years ago. Also why why why would you get a reduction then get implants. I love not carrying that extra six lbs around and so does my back. You will see you'll be so happy in a few months.

A lot of people get implants with a lift. The top of the breast have a tendency to remain flat, it just depends on how much of it is breast tissue and how much is fat. I had very little breast tissue. Some women are just pleased having them lifted back into place and some women like the cleavage and rounded breast. For myself, I'm a cleavage kinda gal. I really think it's a personal choice. I breast fed 3 babies and it took one hell of a toll on my boobs. The thought of having tube sock boobs with a tenis ball in the bottom just wasn't doing it for me. The total weight of the implants are just under 2lbs(Well mine anyway) With all the other changes my body has gone through and new issues to deal with like my inner thighs look like the mudd flaps on the back of a semi, I feel like my face has aged 10yrs with the loss so at least my breast keep me feeling femine. If I hadn't had them done it would just be another thing I pick apart in the mirror. I'm happy with my choices.

Well I go back to the Doctors today. Hopefully we well find out why I am still in so much pain. My breast are fine it is underneath and to the side. I think it might be more from the Lipo. It is a constant burning feeling that hurts alot. Two vicodine every 4 hours helps but still does not take the pain away.