Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A question about Xenical

I am not losing a thing but I realize that I have only had one fill of 1cc 2 weeks ago.

My problem: We just opened a BAD business. It's a MaggieMoos Ice Cream Treatery. I make the cakes and sometimes do other things there to help out.

The ice cream is soooooo good and I know it's a big "NO NO" but IF I could say "NO NO" to the "NO NO's" I would not be over weight!

So, my question: Can we bandsters take Xenical the fat blocker? Do any of you take this? I'm just thinking that if I eat a little ice cream, I could take this and it would just go on through!

I don't know the answer to your question about "can" you take the Xenical, but I can say from personal experience it is HORRIBLE and you'll find out why from the "side effects" if you decide to... Just my two cents. Best wishes. :(

personally i wouldnt take this while banded

look at the side effects, i dont think they would go well with the band

My advise to you if you try Xenical (and I don't recommend it).

1. Always be within 15 ft. of a bathroom. (Having your meals served with on the latrine is always a good option)

2. Think seriously about adult diapers (and don't think people won't notice you are wearing the bulky things) if you leave home for any length of time.

3. Don't eat while you are out unless you are prepared to spend about 15 minutes in someone else's bathroom (and if you are throughtful you will always carry room deordorizer with you)

4. Buy loads of Preparation-H. You will need it.

5. Buy truckloads of toilet paper on sale. You will go through it.

These are just 4 of the reasons I stopped taking it, but I'm sure others could add to the list. If I was banded I never would have tried it. Actually, you couldn't pay me enough to try it again. It constitutes eating 2 boxes of X-lax at once...that said I'm done. Oh, after 3 mo. of this I had lost maybe 5 lbs. The journey was interesting but not worth it.

Ditto to what tomorrowsdream said. The stuff makes you poo 24/7, and it's not your regular poo, it's 'oh crap! I just pooed greasy poo on the sofa poo'. And then you're scrambling to get the bathroom to finish the job, and then worrying that you won't be able to get the greasy stain off of your couch. (Sorry, TMI I know, but just trying to be honest and let you know what to expect.)

OMG ROTFLMAO!!! You guys need to stop, you are too funny! Not exactly a glowing endorsement for XENICAL, I never took it, and from the sounds of it, glad I didn't. The last thing I need to do is add bulky underwear to my already ample rump!!

If you really need to take this medication, I'd double check with your surgeon first before taking anything regarding weight loss just to be on the safe side. Another thing you might want to consider is I believe they have something called carb blockers at the health food stores, that may be milder on your system. I don't know anything about them personally as I have never taken them, but I have heard of their existence. I also don't know if they work.

Gosh you are a brave soul to be working in an ice cream specialty shop. They'd have to knock down a wall to get me out of place like that, cause by the time I'd have gone through everything, I'd be much wider than any doorway, lol.

Good luck with the business. I wish you success both for the weight loss and the new business.

Cindy

1. Always be within 15 ft. of a bathroom. (Having your meals served with on the latrine is always a good option)

2. Think seriously about adult diapers (and don't think people won't notice you are wearing the bulky things) if you leave home for any length of time.

3. Don't eat while you are out unless you are prepared to spend about 15 minutes in someone else's bathroom (and if you are throughtful you will always carry room deordorizer with you)

4. Buy loads of Preparation-H. You will need it.

5. Buy truckloads of toilet paper on sale. You will go through it.

I can confirm the above...happened to me too!!! Not a fun experience!

EEEWWWW! I don't think I'll go there. I would die if I left a grease sh%#$@ spot on anybody's couch! I'm a pretty private pooper too so I wouldn't want to use other's toilets. Your stories are making me think of that one scene in Dumb and Dumber! I'd have to tell people knocking at the door that I'm shaving!

I guess I'll try self hypnosis and make myself think that I don't like ice cream and sweets.

Unfortunately its not that easy. If you're going to lose weight and keep it off you cant do it by taking Xenical and eating ice cream. You have no option but to learn to eat ice cream as an occasional food in appropriate amounts. Life sucks doesnt it?

They had a segment on the Today Show this AM about Xenical and Meridia, like they were new drugs. I took Meridia years ago and it didn't do chit for me, nothing except put wear and tear on my liver. I took the Xenical too, all it did was make me regular, LOL. This was all preband, I wouldn't encourage anyone to take that stuff, just imagine what it does to your liver and may do to your band.

Ok, so since we're being frank here... The term "anal leakage" should be emblazoned on the front of the bottle. Boy am I glad I won't EVER be going back to that... Truly, I would rather be fat than do Xenical again.

End of ramble... Just say no! :)

LMBO clevergrrly!!!! Anal Leakage is so the truth. So so the truth.

Still laughing even though the memories of those greasy poos are painful things. LOL!!!!!

I have a cushin on my rocking chair that can never ever be turned over. Oh, it's been scrubbed and cleaned to death but my days on Xenical left me a little souvenir.