Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded May 21,10 & new to the group

New to the group just banded yesterday May 21, 2010 I'm 32 yr old female from Central IL

Doing good so far only thing I have experienced is face & neck swelling and warmness? Anyone had that?

I am excited about this journey. Looking for others that were banded around the same time to share experiences & milestones with.

Start: 5 foot 7 inches & 320.9 lbs

Welcome.....My lapband journey will begin on June 7. It feels like it has been such a long process but I am finally almost to the beginning of my new start in life. Good luck to you....This website seems to be very informative and supportive.:thumbup:

Hello. I got banded the 17th. I started this journey at 320 and 5'7 also. I was a bit warm the first day. Make sure you dont have a fever over 101. My shoulder and neck had the worst pain from the gas! It finally is bearable today. I cant eat anything more then 3oz of liquid at a time and that keeps me full for 3-4 hours. I had my post op today and they said it was normal and I was prolly still swollen but I cant get enough Water or Protein in and its got my weight lost at a stop!

I got banded on 5/21. It has been a bad experience. The pain medicine didn't help. I had the as pain and felt like my face was on fire. I used an ice pack and a lot of gas x. Today I feel a little better from the pain and hot flashes. My problem is the pain in my diaphragm. Everytime I take a drink, It feels like it gets stuck. I don't think I am getting all the liquids, Protein, and calories that I should be getting.

Welcome.....My LAP-BAND® journey will begin on June 7. It feels like it has been such a long process but I am finally almost to the beginning of my new start in life. Good luck to you....This website seems to be very informative and supportive.:biggrin:

Hi Danielle

Me too, im also booked in for surgery on June the 7th, i have my consultaion tomoz, and a bit nervous about the whole thing......where r you getting ur op???

Good Luck

Amanda

Hi Danielle

Me too, im also booked in for surgery on June the 7th, i have my consultaion tomoz, and a bit nervous about the whole thing......where r you getting ur op???

Good Luck

Amanda

Amanda,

My surgery is in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Yours??

My surgery is in NC. I wouldn't change it for the world. I know that I will have hit and misses. A few bad experiences doesn't this journey make. I am really optomistic. I had a friend have her surgery two weeks before mine and she is doing great. She said everything I am feeling and experiencing is normal.

Hi all I was banded on 5/20 stayed the night used no pain meds at the hospital was allowed a sugar free popcycle an hour now I'm into the pudding yogurt Jello stage and I hate it I just what to bite into a nice juicy hamburger but I haven't I'm sticking with it but its hard

Welcome I was also banded on 5/21/10 and from central Ill. I hope everything is going fine, please keep in touch!

Is everyone still doing good. I am back to work tomorrow. I am still experiencing a lot of gas. It seems everytime I ride in a car it's worse. I made three trips to Walmart before I could stay long enough to grocery shop. And that was a bit much.

i was also banded on the 20th. seems to be going good so far. i'm 5'4" 213 when i started the pre-op diet on the 13th now and i am 198. the gas is still horrible!! gas x do help tho. thanks goodness!! :rolleyes:

Hello... new here too. just got banded "May 26 2010"

didnt stay overnight but was in a liquid diet for 7 days n could not eat anything for the following day.. right now im drinking v8 juice, oatmeal, baby food mixed w apple juice, .. but im i suppose to eat evry hr like my doc said" cus sometimes i dont get hungry n some times my stomach starts to rumble..

I'm Soo CONFUSED.. Nervous n Scared" :rolleyes: ..

should i be abale to drink Water in sips or big gulps? im just scared of over eating.... do i still count calories?

"please HELP" :rolleyes:

BY THE WAY... Starting weight 248lbs

counted cal. lost -22lbs

pre-op diet 226 lbs

post -op 220 lbs

i live in FT. HOOD Texas.. 28yrs old.. husband soon to be deployed!!

:rolleyes: