Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tuesday the 25th is the day! I am still very excited about the whole thing. but as of this morning I am getting a lil anxious. I dont want to say I am having second thoughts, but every now and then my mind is vracing with thoughts, some good, some bad! II am trying to occupy myself with things to do, but II cant stop the thoughts and I dont like this!:thumbup::thumbup::smile::o

Going threw emotions is normal. I ignored all mine until the moment i was in the waiting room I felt like I was going to pass out. Then while i was waiting for surgery I just started crying.. I Dont even know why! Then 5 day post opt i broke down and cried again.

Your starting a new life , things are going to change! Surgery is the easiest part! lol Goodluck!

My surgery is the 26th and I am for the most part psyched, except when I have the thought "I'm doing WHAT to my body?"

We will both do just fine! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other...

I'm also getting anxious. I will be banded 5/25 as well and maybe it's because today was my last day at work, but everything hit me today! I'm the same way, I'm not having second thoughts, just a bit nervous....

I thought I was fine with everything too. But last week I had a couple anxiety attacks out of the blue?:thumbup: I guess I'm afraid I can't follow thru or might fail. It is going to be hard for all of us but, we have this Great Group of "New Friends" to talk to:tt1:!!

Carol D'

OMG Me too!!! I've been freaking out saying should i shouldnt i, i'm starving, how will i get through like 5 days or more of just liquids Jello etc... So many things going through my head. I'm positive about it but i go up n down about it all day today and yesterday.

Feeling anxious is normal. You are about to have a major surgery. But that surgery is going to add years to your life, so hang in there...Best wishes to all of you. Let me just say that 5 months out I only wish I had done this sooner...no regrets.

It is very normal to feel anxious and to question your decision to be banded.

I can join Illuminationlady in saying I wish I would have done it sooner. I'm a little over 3 months out and losing 1 to 2 lbs a week as expected. It's awesome.

My best advice is follow your surgeon's advice and give yourself some time to heal. I loved watching movies during the first days following surgery.

Gentle hugs and best wishes to all.

I thought I was the only one losing my mind! I was supposed to have surgery tomorrow (May 25) as well, but of course I got a call from my surgeons office and it was moved to Thursday instead. So 2 more days of complete anxiety!! I just want it over with already. LOL. Today is my last day of work for the next month, I'm very lucky that I get 12 weeks of short term, so I gave myself a good amount of time to get thru it all. Good luck to everyone. I wish everyone an easy surgery...here's to a new life!!

Thank you all! I am just concerned of failing I guess. I am a fast eater, not much of a chewer, and of course I love good food! I am afraid I will stretch my pouch, slip my band etc,etc! those are my bad thoughts. I have good thoughts too! I found some pics recently of myself when i was really thin. WOW! I was a stud back then. LOL! That is what is keeping me in the game. I still cant get the thoughts of screwing up though out of my head! I wish us all a great amount of success and fast recoveries! I have to be at work on the second of JUne because I own my own business, although I will keep it to really light duty, mostly office work. Thanks again, Joe