Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm wondering what your Doctor gave you for pain meds post op? My surgery is on June 3rd, and my Dr gave me a script for liquid vicodin. I have always had a problem with it in pill form. I get very bad headaches from it.

I decided to take a dose last night to see how it would affect me, and once again, I woke this morning with a bad headache.

What are the alternatives that you know of?

I plan on calling my Dr on Monday to see if he can give me something different.

Thanks!

I only took a half a dose of it as I have other problems with vidocen. I found that the liquid extra strength tylenol was fine. I think I only used that once also as the pain for me wasn't really that bad after I got out of the hospital.

Good luck!

I left the hospital with liquid oxycodone.....but only needed it for a or too. I also left with a script for liquid tylenol...and that has been great.

I went home with a prescription of 4mg Dilaudid tablets. They went down fine and worked great. They are very small. They really helped me get a good night's sleep.

Looking forward to my first fill on Wednesday, May 26, 2010.

Banded May 3, 2010

Dr. Marc Neff, Cherry Hill NJ

Kennedy Hospital, Stratford NJ

weight.png

I was given perceset- which i dissolved. Worked great. Also, on the subject of pain meds, don't hesititate to ask for them in the hospital. I am sorry i hesitated until the next day to ask. I would have slept much better i am sure. Good luck!

My dr prescribed tylenol with codeine elixir.

I was given a script for Roxicet, which is liquid Percoset (oxycodone). It was really helpful the first two days after surgery. I switched to Tylenol Extra Strength Liquid today (day 3) because I didn't want to be taking a narcotic pain killer for very long, and also because the pain has subsided quite a bit. I think the liquid Tylenol might work as a good replacement for you, though you may want to have something stronger on hand in case you really need it. I probably could have gotten by on liquid Tylenol except for one time I woke up in the middle of the night and had my one extreme pain moment since surgery. I was glad to have the Roxicet that night.

I was given lortab, I didnt even touch the stuff. I used extra strength liquid tylenol, it worked just fine.

I was originally prescribed Lortab but got generic hydrocodone in liquid form. I used it more to help when sleeping as it was a bit uncomfortable at times. They gave me waaayyyyy too much! I have a huge bottle of this stuff now that I guess I will hold on to in case I break a foot or something. ha ha

I was originally prescribed Lortab but got generic hydrocodone in liquid form. I used it more to help when sleeping as it was a bit uncomfortable at times. They gave me waaayyyyy too much! I have a huge bottle of this stuff now that I guess I will hold on to in case I break a foot or something. ha ha

I got a huge bottle too! Plus I can get another one within like a year... thats nuts!

Liquid vicodin didn't do anything for me- I tried it in the hospital. The prescribed me liquid percocet instead- worked like a charm! =) Maybe you can ask to try the liquid oxycodone in the hospital?

I got a huge bottle too! Plus I can get another one within like a year... thats nuts!

Same here - it was like a year's supply, easily more than a pint of narcotic pain medication. And they wonder why people get hooked on this stuff. I needed it for a few days, but the rest I threw away. There's really no need for that much Percoset for this surgery, not even close.

I was given a prescription for Lortab elixir, pretty big bottle of the stuff. I was banded on a Friday and took it about twice a day till Tuesday. Haven't had any since, still got about a half a bottle left.

Yep, that's what I got. I couldn't believe how big the bottle was. I also have a refill available.

I'm going to call the Dr's office in the morning and ask them to call something else into my pharmacy.

Thanks for all of the responses and advise!

I'm SO excited!!

I was given a script for Roxicet, which is liquid Percoset (oxycodone). It was really helpful the first two days after surgery. I switched to Tylenol Extra Strength Liquid today (day 3) because I didn't want to be taking a narcotic pain killer for very long, and also because the pain has subsided quite a bit. I think the liquid Tylenol might work as a good replacement for you, though you may want to have something stronger on hand in case you really need it. I probably could have gotten by on liquid Tylenol except for one time I woke up in the middle of the night and had my one extreme pain moment since surgery. I was glad to have the Roxicet that night.

I had the same thing, slept like a freakin baby, just after being fed , of course!