Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded this morning and have to say it's gone a lot better than I thought it would. I felt good when I woke up from the procedure but about an hour later was hit with a wave of nausea, they gave me something and I was okay. The worst was having a major headache but I don't even feel like I had anything done really. I was expecting a lot of pain but I don't even think I'll take my pain meds. I went for a walk before and have had no gas pains or shoulder pains.

Last night I thought about calling the whole thing off, I was really stressed so I'm glad I didn't have such a poor reaction. I know some have and I know that can be tough.

I'm drinking chamomile tea with honey, vegetable broth, Isopure and Water to stay hydrated. I have to do that for two days and then go to full liquids.

I wanted to write this in case anyone was feeling like I was the night before.

Congratulations! I was just given my surgery day today so I am really paying attention to those of you who are going through it right now. Stay hydrated and get well.

Congratulations!! Get well.... and you are on your way to a healthier YOU.. !!:thumbup:

Banded May 3, 2010

Dr. Marc Neff, Cherry Hill NJ

Kennedy Hospital, Stratford NJ

weight.png

Congratulations!

I would support you taking the pain meds and staying ahead of your pain. Right now you still probably have the effects of the anesthesia. From what I read here, there will be pain, and you'll want to manage it so you can move and walk a lot to help with the gas.

I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have any pain once getting home. I think I just had an amazing surgeon :thumbup: I second the staying hydrated that was and continues to be one of my biggest obstacles.

Sydney

Congrats on being pain free! But you going into the surgery expecting the worse probably helped, because it wasnt as bad as you thought. I had a lot of pain but it came on the next day and lasted for four days. Now I am a whole lot better. Some peoples tolerance for pain is better than others.

Congrats! Happy to hear that you habe done so well. I too didn't have any problems. Now, you are on the road to a life time journey.

Well, I have to say, I spoke a little too soon :-) Late last night, I felt really sore so I did take the pain meds, I wanted to make sure I slept well. And I took some this morn. as well. You're right about staying ahead of your pain. But still no shoulder pain or any gas pain.

Not hungry but I want to eat (that's my brain talking), I guess this is the beginning of thinking differently. I am looking forward to eating a little something of more substance tomorrow. Clear Liquids for two days after and then two weeks of full liquids.

I'm staying hydrated with veg. broth, Isopure, tea, and Water. I have a big shot glass for mixing drinks and I'm drinking from that for my 2 to 3 ounces.

I also brought out the heating pad and found that very helpful.

My brother got banded in August so he's been a good source of advice. He's lost 55 pounds and has never had a fill yet!

Thanks for your support.

Well, I have to say, I spoke a little too soon :-) Late last night, I felt really sore so I did take the pain meds, I wanted to make sure I slept well. And I took some this morn. as well. You're right about staying ahead of your pain. But still no shoulder pain or any gas pain.

Not hungry but I want to eat (that's my brain talking), I guess this is the beginning of thinking differently. I am looking forward to eating a little something of more substance tomorrow. Clear liquids for two days after and then two weeks of full liquids.

I'm staying hydrated with veg. broth, Isopure, tea, and Water. I have a big shot glass for mixing drinks and I'm drinking from that for my 2 to 3 ounces.

I also brought out the heating pad and found that very helpful.

My brother got banded in August so he's been a good source of advice. He's lost 55 pounds and has never had a fill yet!

Thanks for your support.

I was right there with ya, banded the day before you and felt almost the exact same way but I kept the pain meds coming, to scared to feel the pain..lol! So how are you doing now???:rolleyes:

Today is my eleventh day. Most of the coverings on my incisions have fallen off so they're healing well. I don't really have any pain, once in awhile there's a kind of "twitch" inside by one of the incisions, not where the port is. I don't have any pain by the port which I was kind of surprised since so many talked about it. I have hunger pains every three or four hours and I'll eat half a cup of something. And that seems to take care of my hunger. Head hunger--got plenty of that! All my old haunts/habits like buying a donut when I go to the supermarket or munching at night, they are still there but I don't give in.

I've lost 6 pounds since the surgery day but that's because I'm eating only about 850 calories a day but getting my Protein. Full liquids for another week. I've made some really good Soups that I eat for "dinner". My nutritionist said not to worry about eating on a "schedule" that at this pt. I should eat when I'm hungry.

I have not told anyone at work except for one person I'm close to. No one has said anything about my diet change. Last week it was really hard to sit at my desk, I had some pain for sitting so long. But with the three day weekend now past, I got a lot of rest and I think I'll be ok today.

How about you? Tell me how it's going for you.

Well today is my day 11 and I did the full liquid thing for a week and then bagged it as of Saturday, I couldn't stand it anymore! My shakes were making me nausea and I could hardly choke a whole 8 oz down. So since I handled "food" so well I figured I would just feel out and see where I got. i have been doing clear broth which I love and yogurt. Soft foods and I know when I am feeling full, which is a great feeling. I have the same head over stomach issues...I go to the grocery store and walk thru the bakery and my nose smelles all the yummy foods and I just have to walk faster to the fish isle..lol I have lost 12 pounds so far, which is almost scary for me, that seems like a lot to me. I haven't noticed any difference but I see me every day. I have been very tired. I realized yesterday, I haven't had caffeine in 10 days either which may be part of it. who knows. But so far so good!! :rolleyes::thumbup::rolleyes::thumbup::rolleyes::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: