Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

protein drinks and Whey

:confused:OK, i've tried several types of premixed Protein drinks and can't find any i really like. I've tried the muscle milk in various flavors.

all of them have a distinctive taste i don't care for.

i haven't tried the Boost or Ensure as they have quite a few calories.

i was going to try some whey products. i thought it was flavorless to mix with other food products but it came in chocolate and vanilla.

i know we all have different tastes, likes and dislikes.

i hate to spend the $ for the big container of whey to find out i don't like it.

what have you found that works for you?

Inspire whey Protein powders from Bariatric Eating are really, really good. You can buy 5-packs of single-serving envelopes to see whether you like them before making a larger investment :w00t:

Betsy,

Have you tried any of their bottled drinks? What did you think?

Sydney

Syntrax nectar Whey. Is simply the best tasting Protein hands down.

Lots of flavors, and you can get it in all sizes.

Rated #1 by just about everyone.

good luck!

GNC carries a product called anywhey it is favorless and you can mix it in anything. I will sometimes mix it with cyrstal light and I cant tast it at all. I also drink the chocolate whey from wal-mart. it is cheap and doesnt have the funky after taste that muscle milk does. IT is called "super advanced whey" by body fortress. comes in a 2lb container and has 28g of Protein and only 130 calories. I bled it with ice and skim milk sometimes toss on 1/2 of a bananna or use frozen strawberries instead of ice and blend it. so far those are the only two I can tolerate.

Betsy,

Have you tried any of their bottled drinks? What did you think?

Sydney

I know lots of people who are wild about the BElieve line of coffee drinks. I'm not among them--the two flavors I've tried were too sweet for my liking, and have had a distinct protein-y taste. I've only tried the Italian Cappuccino and vanilla brulee; the other flavors may be better.

The Inspire line really has NO Protein taste/odor---it's really remarkable. It also dissolves in just 4 oz. of liquid, without a blender, so it's nicely portable (can be mixed anywhere).

I personally like unjury - The strawberry Sorbet mixed with Lemonade is really good. I also use the Vanilla (in Soy Milf or Orange juice to make a Dreamsicle) and the Unflavored. They sell a started pack with a sample of all their flavors to try so that you don't invest in buying a big container just in case you don't like.

Good luck in finding something you enjoy.......it is out there!

I also like the Jay Robb whey Protein powders. You can try individual flavors and then pick what you want in the larger can. I get the vanilla and mix them with fruits or sometimes the sugar free Davinci Syrup. You can add Water or milk.

Don't buy too much because after surgery you only use it for 24-48 hours after a fill. At least, that is what my doctor recommends. I have had one can and I am seven months out. Almost time for another can.

It is 100% whey isolate so higher in Protein. 25 grams of protein per serving.

Sorry I sound like a ad. The real reason I picked this is because it tastes good.

I like GNC whey in the pouch NOT the canister there is a difference. They have other flavors too.. I also like the EAS low carb shakes from the grocery store.

I have a jug of each... vanilla and chocolate Isopure zero carb Protein Powder. I think they taste good. One scoop is 25g of Protein. I mix a couple strawberries and 1/2 frozen banana in with the vanilla powder.. add some ice and skim milk. I think it's pretty good. The chocolate you can add the banana to, also.. and an extra tsp. of cocoa powder makes it even more chocolatey (is that a word?). Anyway.. they are great to whip up in a pinch when you are starving and don't have time to cook anything. I think they are very satisfying and they don't taste too sweet and artificial.

I LOVE love love Biochem Sports 100% whey Natural flavor. And I haven't even been banded yet! It mixes so nicely and is not at all thick or gloppy. It has a very little flavor... maybe very slight vanilla. Usually I mix it with nf milk and add a little sugar free vanilla Syrup and I swear it tastes like a melted McDonald's vanilla shake. Other times I'll put frozen blueberries in it. (using ice or frozen fruit will thicken it up but only in a good way;) It's fantastic. And I know you can get a single serving packet. I found the packets at my local healthfood store then I went right out and bought a big tub of the stuff online. I just google it and look for whoever has it cheapest at the time. At the healthfood store the tub is pricey but you can get it online alot cheaper.

20g Protein

80 calories

1g carb with that being less than 0.5g sugars. The rest of the carb gram is Fiber.

Biochem Sports Ultimate Lo Carb Whey Protein Powder Natural Flavor -- 12.3 oz - vitacost

NOTE: be sure to get "NATURAL FLAVOR". the other flavors all have sugar added.

Edited by booty

oh... I have to add this, too:

I love my little shake n Take drink mixer. You can measure the liquid, throw in the powder and bzzzzt, done. It can handle frozen fruit and small ice bits but not whole cubes. I keep it at work and it's so convenient for quick Protein drinks.

Here's a link so you know what I'm talking about but I bet you can find it cheaper elsewhere. Mine was only $12. It's been working great for years.

Amazon.com: shake N Take Sports Bottle Blender: Kitchen & Dining

I really like the Unjury chocolate. It was way tastier and creamier than Muscle Milk light which does have a yucky aftertaste. I also mix the unflavored powder in stuff like mashed potatoes, Soup, Jello, pudding, etc and you can't really taste it at all.

I like the Premier Nutrition they sell at costco especially when I need something on the go. Aseptic single serve contaners. It is sold in the case. 30gP. chocolate is the only flavor avail. It does not have artificial sweetners like sucralose or aspertame in it which is perfect for me.

Some of these others mentionedsound good! I have not heard of, i'd like to try them! coffee ones sound right up my alley.