Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded Yesterday May 17th 2010... I am sick as a dog!!

Just got banded yesterday.. don't know whats going on. I feel so cik. My head is spinning, My back is hurting like ti was stomped on. both of my arms are in imense pain. My throat and my lumph noids under the chin on both sides are swollen. My head is kinda hot but not a fever yet. I have had some Water and some broth tryin now tohave a few sips of this Protein Drink. My neck hurts so bad it feels like my head is going to roll of of it any moment. Will someone please tell me that I am not the only one with these kinds of symptoms. ?!?!?! Also.... Gas isbad too in my stomach but I have been gettin it out of both ends successfully.:w00t:

I did get the gas...but the rest of what you describe i did not...banded 4/22...have lost zero pounds......

I felt pretty rotten for a couple of days. Lots of back and shoulder (both sides) pain. I did not want to drink anything, but I did (as should you).

You shouldn't worry about weight loss at the start of your journey. You should focus on following doctor directions to allow your body to heal.

If you feel like your symptoms are not normal or are frightening you, call your doctor's office as they have heard everything and can your best resource.

Congrats on your surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Just got banded yesterday.. don't know whats going on. I feel so cik. My head is spinning, My back is hurting like ti was stomped on. both of my arms are in imense pain. My throat and my lumph noids under the chin on both sides are swollen. My head is kinda hot but not a fever yet. I have had some Water and some broth tryin now tohave a few sips of this Protein drink. My neck hurts so bad it feels like my head is going to roll of of it any moment. Will someone please tell me that I am not the only one with these kinds of symptoms. ?!?!?! Also.... Gas isbad too in my stomach but I have been gettin it out of both ends successfully.:w00t:

This is what I have heard and will be banded this Thursday - 5/20 - Get Gas X strips, walk - walk alot, drink alot of Water - keep hydrated, and take your pain meds, also extra strength tylonol is suppose to be good, but ask your doctor on it, and last, for nausea - I heard to get a nausea patch. They say - stay ahead of your pain - you'll be in better shape.. if by chance you get a fever - call your doctor immediately. :wink:

I was banded 4-28-10 and have lost 18 pounds. Are you following Dr's orders regarding liquids only then soft mushy. If so it seems impossible that you wouldn't lose weight. Call your doc and review what you are eating. Maybe to many calories in your liquids. Something doesn't seem right.

Yes be sure to take your pain meds. Some people after surgery wont' take them as prescribed and it can make the difference between peaceful rest after surgery to agony. Take your meds and sleep is my advice.

My head feels like its about to roll off too! My neck was killing me these past two days, today I woke up and it seemed that its a bit better. Idk if its the way they posistioned it during surgery or the way I only been sleeping at one side. I had horrible gas pains in my left shoulder that I was crying! I take gas x extra strength , been walking, drinking as much Water as I can before I feel like my stomach is going to explode. Nothing helped it. Now i just always have this consent annoyance in my shoulder and im not sure if its still gas or if its cuz i sleep on it now.

I refuse to take the pain meds they gave me because I am not in that much pain, I do used extra strength tylenol before bed because its hard to move around without my port hurting.

I really think your fine (inless your fever is 101 or over, call your dr now!) other then that you should be feeling better any time now. Today, day 3 post op is the first day that I felt alive. lol goodluck!

I was sick as a dog too, for about a week. Terrible nausea. Some pain from the gas at first, but the nausea was the worst. What helped me was lying back in a recliner. And frankly, just letting a few days go by.

Surgery is a real shock to the system. Your stomach is going to be swollen. And anesthesia takes quite a while to get completely out of your system.

Stay in touch with your doctor regarding fever and swollen lymph nodes, just to make sure you don't have any infection.

Hope you feel better soon.

Feeling your pain! I was banded on Tuesday (the day after you) and am having similar side-effects. The first thing I felt when I came-to was the worst pain that I had ever felt in back. Once I came home I felt worse! You're not alone. Feel free to message me or email me and we can talk each other through this since we're literally 24hrs apart banding-wise!!!

sarah(dot)katz(at)gmail

I was sick for 3 days but towrd the end of that time had times when I felt OK. Can't take pain meds and couldn't swallow because my throat and neck hurt so. Might have been a tube or the way my head was positioned? I felt better in a chair...like a computer chair sometimes...and I held a pilow to my abdomen. I had shoulder pain already from a torn rotator cuff so didn't notice the pain from gas. The nausea was the worst for me...I slathered my self with the phenergan ointment. Ask your doc for a supply of that. It's cheap and works wonders...but not covered by my ins for some reason. I slept in an armchair for about 5 days. On day 4 I felt much better...then nothing but improvement. It'll pass.

i was banded 5/3 and other than my port site i don't feel anything anymore. I don't know what your doc has you doing, as youve seen on here everyones is different. Mine had me walking from post op to my room. I would look into scopamine Patches if you don't already have them for the nausea. For the gas, my doc said the best thing to do is walk. And sure enough for the first few days post op it seemed like every step i took a burp or two would slip out. He hammered on my walk walk walk. I know everybody's experience is different. Im not sure why your in so much pain. But each day gets better. i battled some slight nausea then about day 10 it was gone. I hope you feel better and everything is ok!

I was banded on May 3. Anesthesia is NOT my friend. I had 3 tough days of pain and nausea, then it passed. I slept sitting up in a comfy chair for a few days. I would call the doc if you are concerned that this isn't normal. I'm doing great now. Just had my 2nd week follow up appt. and I'm going in next week for my first fill. I'm down 10 pounds in 2.5 weeks. I feel pretty good. My knees are killing me from trying to walk and exercise a bit. I'm hoping that will subside once I get some of the weight off of them.

Good luck to you... and I hope you feel better.

If your lymph nodes are swollen, it definitely sounds like you have a cold or the flu, which is possible given that you were in a hospital with other infectious people. You may want to talk to your doc about getting on antibiotics. That sounds miserable to be going through surgery recovery and having all those issues. I wish you a speedy recovery!

I did get the gas...but the rest of what you describe i did not...banded 4/22...have lost zero pounds......

Nothing so far?

I was banded 4/29 and have lost 15 lbs so far. I do know it has slowed down some now as I dont' have a fill in and you can really tell. I can't eat as much as I used to but I can still eat some of the stuff I know I won't be able to once I have a fill in, so while I am watching what I eat, I am not being 100% good......(no will power, that is why the band is needed)