Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Looking in The Fort Worth TX area

Hi I was banded 3/4/2010 and have been doing really well since my second fill. I finally have restriction. I would love to have a buddy/Mentor to discuss issues that come up as we go through this journey. I am a male and I have already lost 40 lbs as of today.

Thanks in advance

Sebastian

Hey 29 female in Fort Worth! I will be banded June 28th so wish me luck. My mom had the surgery 5 years ago so she's told me what to expect (good, bad and ugly). She lost 150lbs and has kept it off!! I wish you the best of luck on your journey :devil_smile:

Lindy

Hi Lindy!

I just wanted to wish the best of luck on your surgery on Jun 28th I am sure it will go off without a hitch. Thanks so much for responding to my request for a lapband buddy. Although I have 3 months on you you have the added knowledge of your mother having gone through this journey so I think that we will both be able to help and support one another. So far I have had 2 fills and got restriction after my second fill...for about a month. I go in tomorrow for another fill so hopefully I will get to my sweet spot! Keep your fingers crossed. I have lost 43 lbs so far and am ecstatic with the results thus far.

Enough about me how are you doing? Are you getting nervous yet? Did your doctor put you on the Pre-surgery diet and how is that going for you? Which doc do you have? Due to my insurance I have to see a doctor in Dallas which is completely inconvenient but oh well. He is a great doctor and his staff is second to none. Anyway, again thanks for responding back to me and if I don't hear back from you before the surgery good luck! It is sooo worth it!

Craig:thumbup:

Hey Craig! Congrats on the weight loss thus far, that's awesome to hear!! Keep up the good work. Usually by the 3rd fill I hear they hit the sweet spot, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's true for you! Although, I have not been banded my nutritionalist said I know far too much, lol. My mother has been trying to get me to do this for more than 3 years. Finally, I decided it was the path I wanted to go down. I am nervous, anxious and excited all in one. I'm doing the liquid diet now and it's going OK not too bad. The first 2 days were hard, but I think I'm getting over that hump. You can look at my profile and see my mothers before and afters (she looks GREAT)!!! I look at them daily as a reminder of what's in store for me no matter how many obstacles may stand in the way, I know I can conquer them! I caught myself getting down the other day (liquid diet) and had to tell myself that this is what IIIII wanted! It helped ;)

I'm going through the same doctor my mom went through, Dr. Adam Smith. He's got a great bedside manner, has been banded and knows what you're going through. I love his office folks and him.

I hope everything goes well and I will defnitely keep you posted on how everything goes. Take care and thanks for writting back!! Oh and it's really awesome that you are family!

~Lindy :devil_smile:

Hi Lindy!

I just wanted to wish the best of luck on your surgery on Jun 28th I am sure it will go off without a hitch. Thanks so much for responding to my request for a lapband buddy. Although I have 3 months on you you have the added knowledge of your mother having gone through this journey so I think that we will both be able to help and support one another. So far I have had 2 fills and got restriction after my second fill...for about a month. I go in tomorrow for another fill so hopefully I will get to my sweet spot! Keep your fingers crossed. I have lost 43 lbs so far and am ecstatic with the results thus far.

Enough about me how are you doing? Are you getting nervous yet? Did your doctor put you on the Pre-surgery diet and how is that going for you? Which doc do you have? Due to my insurance I have to see a doctor in Dallas which is completely inconvenient but oh well. He is a great doctor and his staff is second to none. Anyway, again thanks for responding back to me and if I don't hear back from you before the surgery good luck! It is sooo worth it!

Hey Craig! Congrats on the weight loss thus far, that's awesome to hear!! Keep up the good work. Usually by the 3rd fill I hear they hit the sweet spot, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's true for you! Although, I have not been banded my nutritionalist said I know far too much, lol. My mother has been trying to get me to do this for more than 3 years. Finally, I decided it was the path I wanted to go down. I am nervous, anxious and excited all in one. I'm doing the liquid diet now and it's going OK not too bad. The first 2 days were hard, but I think I'm getting over that hump. You can look at my profile and see my mothers before and afters (she looks GREAT)!!! I look at them daily as a reminder of what's in store for me no matter how many obstacles may stand in the way, I know I can conquer them! I caught myself getting down the other day (liquid diet) and had to tell myself that this is what IIIII wanted! It helped ;)

I'm going through the same doctor my mom went through, Dr. Adam Smith. He's got a great bedside manner, has been banded and knows what you're going through. I love his office folks and him.

I hope everything goes well and I will defnitely keep you posted on how everything goes. Take care and thanks for writting back!! Oh and it's really awesome that you are family!

Hi Lindy!

I just wanted to wish the best of luck on your surgery on Jun 28th I am sure it will go off without a hitch. Thanks so much for responding to my request for a LAP-BAND® buddy. Although I have 3 months on you you have the added knowledge of your mother having gone through this journey so I think that we will both be able to help and support one another. So far I have had 2 fills and got restriction after my second fill...for about a month. I go in tomorrow for another fill so hopefully I will get to my sweet spot! Keep your fingers crossed. I have lost 43 lbs so far and am ecstatic with the results thus far.

I'm in Keller. I'm not much of a mentor but I am considering creating some kind of lapband group in the area that gets together once a month or so for dinner and chat. Yes, I said the "D" word.

It's still only under consideration because I am afraid of people keeping track of what/how much others are eating.

Hi Btrieger

I would love to get together as a group once a month. I have been trying to find a decent group here in the Fort Worth area since I got my band and dinner and conversation sound awesome. Let me know if you get it together!

Craig

Hi guys! I am also in Keller, and am almost 2 weeks post-op. My Dr. was the same as Lindy's (Dr. Smith) and I had a pretty uneventful surgery and recovery. I would love to chat with some people that understand, and help any way that I can. I am definately up for dinner any time!! Nice to meet you all!

Janet

Edited by janetkayez

Hi,

Somebody in Roanoke sent me a private message this morning saying that she was thinking about putting together a support group to meet for coffee.

Whether it is me or somebody else, I'm sure we will have a group or groups around here soon.

Bob

Sounds great Bob! Let me know when you hear anything. Its nice to meet you Janet! Welcome! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns or if you just want to chat. I have had my lapband since 3/4/2010 so almost four months now. I would love to share ideas and concerns along this wonderful journey we call the lap band!!

Sincerely