Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 5/11!!!!

Hey Guys I had my surgey on 5/11 and I am doing great! No hunger, the onlything that sucks is the lack of sleep. Thank god for my liquid hydrocodone! How is everyone else doing? If you have any specific questions feel free to ask! I go back to work on monday, so I am pretty excited... Soooo happy it's done!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t:

Hey Guys I had my surgey on 5/11 and I am doing great! No hunger, the onlything that sucks is the lack of sleep. Thank god for my liquid hydrocodone! How is everyone else doing? If you have any specific questions feel free to ask! I go back to work on monday, so I am pretty excited... Soooo happy it's done!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t:

YEAH - Congrats:thumbup: I am glad you are feeling well......I go on Wed for sugery so far lost 14lbs in 9 days so that is good - I did cheat a little - so now I am afraid they will cut me open and be able to tell I cheated a little (all on good food) - did you cheat a little! Glad you are home - and I can't wait til next week! Good Luck!

Glad your surgery went well!! I was banded May 5th - still having a hard time getting comfortable sleeping at night - it feels like my port just digs into my ribcage - I sure hope this feeling will pass!!

It will be ok. As long as you have lost weight on the pre op die that's all they care about. I did cheat like a couple times but I didn't gain any weight, I still lost weight on my pre op diet so it was ok. Plus, my dr. said I had NO fat on my liver at all. So I was like DAMN, all that 3 week dieting for nothing! lol.

Glad your surgery went well!! I was banded May 5th - still having a hard time getting comfortable sleeping at night - it feels like my port just digs into my ribcage - I sure hope this feeling will pass!!

That sucks, I can't lay flat on my back yet, I have to sleep propped up still because I am still sore to lay completely down. Hopefully I will be able to sleep normally this weekend so I can be fully rested for work on monday.

Today I start my full liquids! No more Water, juice and broth! My first thing I drank was a SF carnation instant Breakfast (chocolate) with skim milk. It tastes amazing! lol. So from now I can eat/drink smoothies, Protein Drinks, SF Jello, pudding and popsicles, and broth till next monday then I will be on mushee food. So far I have lost 5 lbs, so excited. How are all my fellow bandsters doing?:redface:

I can finally sleep comfortably - yay!!! Went for my follow-up appt - he said I'm doing great. Still sore around the port - apparently he did a new procedure where the port is attached to mesh, and then the mesh attached to the muscle, very close to my ribcage. He said it is a much more painful recovery (now ya tell me!) but it keeps the port from flipping. I can now start real foods - yippee!! I had 1 week full liquids, 1 week mushies, now 3 weeks soft foods, and then the lapband diet after that. He said not to drink my calories, and start to get in the habit of not drinking with my meals, unless I get that "glugged" feeling like I got with mashed potatoes. :w00t: Exercise 5 days a week, but still no lifting, and stop if it hurts at all. I've lost 9 pounds - yay!! My pants are looser, and I'm loving it!! Occasional problems with burping, esp. if I'm in the car and can't stand up straight and get it out. Otherwise - I'm a very happy camper/bandster!

Hi there - I was banded on 05/13 and also am doing great. Am sleeping good now, and actually able to go to sleep on my side. Back to work. I also am having trouble with burping sometimes, and have to stand up to get it out....I am still on full liquids until 05/27, then I get to start adding in soft foods...really looking forward to those mashed potatoes! My friend made chicken noodle Soup, and then pureed it up for me yesterday, but I'm a liitle afraid to eat it....not sure if pureed noodles are ok at this time, and have not heard back from the nutritionist...good luck to you all!

Hi All... It's amazing to me the difference in doctor style and approach. My post op regime= 2weeks full liquid diet + 1 week pureed diet + 1 week soft diet and then home free. I am on day 8 of the full liquids and I am suffering. I start to gag now when I have to drink my food and I am only taking in about 500 cals a day. I am losing weight but fear it is muscle and Water and not the good stuff. What are your post op diets like?

I was banded on May 5th. Consultation weight was 212 lbs. After pre-op diet at pre-op apt. April 30th, 196 lbs. By May 11th I was down to 186 lbs and now for the last 9 days NOTHING is changing...so frustrating. I suppose I have gone into starvation mode and my metabolism is at a dead stand still with the little that I am eating. I can't wait to start my exercise program to get the scale moving again. Of course I am happy to report that at pre-op I was in my tight 18's and today I was able to get into my size 12's. They were snug, but not uncomfortable.

WOW congrats!! that is really good weightloss and NSV. I can't wait to get to 1derland again. What is your day like food wise?

SWEET!...After posting no weight loss for the last 9 days, I finally lost another pound. That was a GREAT way to start my day!! It's only a pound, but when I think of it in terms of what a pound of hamburger meat looks like, then that's make me happy. I don't really have a well rounded meal plan yet obviously since i am only 2 weeks out, I am sticking to boring at the moment. I have a pack of oatmeal in the morning, can't eat but about half the pack, I share the other half with my 11 month old daughter. Our appetites are now identical, lol. For lunch I have been having either mashed potatoes or potatoe Soup with shredded cheese mixed in to help get some more Protein. dinner has been refried Beans with cheese and sour cream. For a snack if I feel I need one i have had apple sauce, pudding, Jello, popsicles, skim milk, carnation breakfast drink. I found some diced ham in the sandwich meat isle and plan on mixing that in with mashed up sweet potatoes when I transition into the chewing stage. I also had a smashed up boiled egg a few days ago and it went down well, stayed down and didn't make me feel yucky. I am not doing the Protein Shakes, just can't...they all taste gross or too thick or too sweet etc. I take 2 gummy vitamins and 2 tums in the morning also. I sip on Water all day but don't manage to get down more than about 12 oz at most. This is something i really need to work on, but didn't drink much before the surgery eitherunless it was Coke or Dr. Pepper, which isn't good as i have had kidney stones in the past. Urologist told me then, adults living in Colorado need to be drinking a minimum of 1 gallon of water a day if they have issues with stones..:thumbup: HA!

SWEET!...After posting no weight loss for the last 9 days, I finally lost another pound. That was a GREAT way to start my day!! It's only a pound, but when I think of it in terms of what a pound of hamburger meat looks like, then that's make me happy. I don't really have a well rounded meal plan yet obviously since i am only 2 weeks out, I am sticking to boring at the moment. I have a pack of oatmeal in the morning, can't eat but about half the pack, I share the other half with my 11 month old daughter. Our appetites are now identical, lol. For lunch I have been having either mashed potatoes or potatoe Soup with shredded cheese mixed in to help get some more Protein. dinner has been refried Beans with cheese and sour cream. For a snack if I feel I need one i have had apple sauce, pudding, Jello, popsicles, skim milk, carnation breakfast drink. I found some diced ham in the sandwich meat isle and plan on mixing that in with mashed up sweet potatoes when I transition into the chewing stage. I also had a smashed up boiled egg a few days ago and it went down well, stayed down and didn't make me feel yucky. I am not doing the Protein shakes, just can't...they all taste gross or too thick or too sweet etc. I take 2 Gummy Vitamins and 2 tums in the morning also. I sip on Water all day but don't manage to get down more than about 12 oz at most. This is something i really need to work on, but didn't drink much before the surgery eitherunless it was Coke or Dr. Pepper, which isn't good as i have had kidney stones in the past. Urologist told me then, adults living in Colorado need to be drinking a minimum of 1 gallon of Water a day if they have issues with stones..:thumbup: HA!

Where in Colorado are you? I am in Fort collins and Dr. Johnelle from Greeley did my surgery. I had my surgery on May 13th. I am also having trouble with the protein. My doctor told my to try the bullets. It's a liquid Protein concentrate. I am going to try them today. I am starving most days and only manage to get in about -500 cals per day. I do manage to get 8 cups of water so I guess that is one plus. I am eating some cream of wheat, 50 cal O.j., mashed potatos, and yogurt with pudding as a snack. I can't start pureed foods until next Thursday which include refried Beans, guacamole, scrambled eggs and Peanut Butter. I can't wait to have something different on the menu. Congrats on your weightloss! It's always nice to see the scale moving down.

Where in Colorado are you? I am in Fort collins and Dr. Johnelle from Greeley did my surgery. I had my surgery on May 13th. I am also having trouble with the Protein. My doctor told my to try the bullets. It's a Liquid Protein concentrate. I am going to try them today. I am starving most days and only manage to get in about -500 cals per day. I do manage to get 8 cups of Water so I guess that is one plus. I am eating some cream of wheat, 50 cal O.j., mashed potatos, and yogurt with pudding as a snack. I can't start pureed foods until next Thursday which include refried Beans, guacamole, scrambled eggs and Peanut Butter. I can't wait to have something different on the menu. Congrats on your weightloss! It's always nice to see the scale moving down.

I am in Colorado Springs. Dr. Kirshenbaum in Aurora did my surgery. He was the most affordable that I could find for self pay and he has great reviews. ($9875 w/ 3 months post op and only $25 for fills :)) I asked someone about the bullets and they said they taste really bad, so I am done wasting money on products that will never be consumed, so I am simply going to consentrate on getting it in other ways. This morning I made and egg w/ skim milk and shredded cheese. I put enough milk in it so that it was about the consistency of pudding when it was done. Sounds gross, but didn't taste bad at all after adding a little garlic salt and pepper. I am drinking skim milk between meals instead of the Protein shake as it has no fat and a good dose of Protein. I think I am getting plenty since my hair is still not falling out. I have gone on low fat diets in the past and my hair fell out like crazy, so at least I will have a clue what is happening if I start getting wads of hair in the tub. (Last time this happened I felt bad cause my husband who was balding very young and quickly came out of the shower and had a horrified look on his face and said, "Ang, OMG look at all the hair that fell out just when I was taking a shower!" I laughed SO hard:lol:....I had forgotten to clean out the drain and we have the same color hair) I have been lucky so far with no serious hunger, and have yet to feel starved which I was really scared about before the surgery. I was afraid smelling food would send my belly (and brain) into a frenzy wanting to eat desperately, but that hasn't been the case at all. I enjoy the feeling of smelling good food cooking without the desire to actually eat it. This part has been so far the best part of the lap band for me. I am however starting to feel hunger so I am looking forward to my first fill on June 4th. I made the mistake of watching a YouTube video showing a girl having a fill and now I am scared! Looked pretty horrifying since I HATE needles, lol.:tongue2: I was gonna go by myself, now I am dragging the hubby and the baby along to hold my trembling hand. So, scale has moved yet again but I felt up to a long walk around a lake here in town. We made three laps which is 2-3 miles so I am hoping this helped something somewhere in this body of mine. I think when you get to start the "mushy" stage you will feel much more satisfied. When do you get to have your first fill? That will help too I am sure. Have a good week, keep up the good work!:smile:

I am in Colorado Springs. Dr. Kirshenbaum in Aurora did my surgery. He was the most affordable that I could find for self pay and he has great reviews. ($9875 w/ 3 months post op and only $25 for fills :)) I asked someone about the bullets and they said they taste really bad, so I am done wasting money on products that will never be consumed, so I am simply going to consentrate on getting it in other ways. This morning I made and egg w/ skim milk and shredded cheese. I put enough milk in it so that it was about the consistency of pudding when it was done. Sounds gross, but didn't taste bad at all after adding a little garlic salt and pepper. I am drinking skim milk between meals instead of the Protein shake as it has no fat and a good dose of Protein. I think I am getting plenty since my hair is still not falling out. I have gone on low fat diets in the past and my hair fell out like crazy, so at least I will have a clue what is happening if I start getting wads of hair in the tub. (Last time this happened I felt bad cause my husband who was balding very young and quickly came out of the shower and had a horrified look on his face and said, "Ang, OMG look at all the hair that fell out just when I was taking a shower!" I laughed SO hard:lol:....I had forgotten to clean out the drain and we have the same color hair) I have been lucky so far with no serious hunger, and have yet to feel starved which I was really scared about before the surgery. I was afraid smelling food would send my belly (and brain) into a frenzy wanting to eat desperately, but that hasn't been the case at all. I enjoy the feeling of smelling good food cooking without the desire to actually eat it. This part has been so far the best part of the LAP-BAND® for me. I am however starting to feel hunger so I am looking forward to my first fill on June 4th. I made the mistake of watching a YouTube video showing a girl having a fill and now I am scared! Looked pretty horrifying since I HATE needles, lol.:tongue2: I was gonna go by myself, now I am dragging the hubby and the baby along to hold my trembling hand. So, scale has moved yet again but I felt up to a long walk around a lake here in town. We made three laps which is 2-3 miles so I am hoping this helped something somewhere in this body of mine. I think when you get to start the "mushy" stage you will feel much more satisfied. When do you get to have your first fill? That will help too I am sure. Have a good week, keep up the good work!:smile:

Yes... I tried the bullets and they are gag worthy. So I think you are wise to stay with they milk. I don't think they curbed my hunger much either. I may try and take them back today. Great job on the walk. I am feeling a lot better internally today so I may try and take the kids out for a stroll. I start pureed food on Thursday and then I'll get to do soft foods a week after that. My first fill is June 16th. My doctor won't do the first fill until 4wks post op and requires every patient to take support classes. I live about 45min away and didn't want to make 2 trips so I made my first fill appt. for the day of the class. I know the needles looks scary but because the port is so close to the skin I heard that it doesn't hurt. I don't really fear needles. I have had my fair share. but I don't know many people that go to the doctor jumping and skipping because they can't wait to have a needle in them. So, I know that you are not alone with that fear. I am glad you have your husband to hold your hand and help you through it and just remember it's all for a great cause. Have a great day and keep in touch!

P.S. I am smiling:rolleyes: