Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone eat Protein bars? Sometimes I don't get a chance to sit down to eat and I want a little more than just a Protein shake...I actually want to chew something, but I have been shopping around and the ones that I have seen have alot of Protein, but also alot of calories too. I'm not even sure I would be able to get them down anyway.

Any other ideas for meals on the run besides Protein shakes?

I do eat the Atkins Protein Bars as a meal subsitute from time to time when I just can't stop to eat. I always keep one in my purse for emergencies. They have up to 15grams of Protein and 2 to 3 grams net carbs and most are around 160 calories depending what type you buy. After my healing stage when I was first banded they were a stapple for breakfist. Oh and make sure you get the protein bars and not the endulge bars. Which are great but not much value to them. Every bluemoon when I think I really need something sweet I will get the endulge Peanut Butter cups. Not so great but way better then a reeses calorie wise.

Edited by kimaly

I'm not a big fan of Protein bars, but there was a b1g1 free coupon in the paper the other day, so I got 2 from GNC. They are Pure Protein brand and are peanut butter/chocolate. I don't really care for Peanut Butter or chocolate, but that is all that they had in stock when I went. They taste pretty good. I was only able to eat half of one and it was about 150 cal and 15 grams of protein for half of the bar.

The ThinkThin bars are good, but they have like 220 calories. They sell some at Kroger here in Alabama.

I like the snickers marathon Protein bars. They are like 290 calories with 20 grams. They are huge though. I don't eat one in a setting. I normal nibble at it or eat half at one point and eat other half at a different point. They are $7 and some change at Wal-Mart. Also, I have tried the target brand of Protein bars. They have 14g of protein. They are really good. They are $3.99. However, they are smaller so I can eat one in one setting.

The Pure Protein bars are nasty. They smell like they taste. Blah!

Does anyone eat Protein bars? Sometimes I don't get a chance to sit down to eat and I want a little more than just a Protein shake...I actually want to chew something, but I have been shopping around and the ones that I have seen have alot of protein, but also alot of calories too. I'm not even sure I would be able to get them down anyway.

Any other ideas for meals on the run besides protein shakes?

iss have some good one and why weight has some that are less than 200 cal 15 protein also try 4everfit fruit Protein Drink 90 cal 25 protein grat mixed with ice

Bariatric Eating has a bunch of different Protein bars--they may have a sampler that lets you try different ones.

I eat a Pure Protein Bar every morining and they have 20 grams Protein and are very low in sugar. I get them at costco. They are filling and hold me until lunch.< /p>

LOVE Luna bars. I keep them in my purse so if I am tempted I can just grab one.

Where do you get them?

I buy the bulk pack at Sam's but you can get them cheap at Target. They sell them individually in the health section. Just make sure that you look at the calories. SOme are more than others.

Does anyone eat Protein bars? Sometimes I don't get a chance to sit down to eat and I want a little more than just a Protein shake...I actually want to chew something, but I have been shopping around and the ones that I have seen have alot of Protein, but also alot of calories too. I'm not even sure I would be able to get them down anyway.

Any other ideas for meals on the run besides Protein shakes?

I eat Kashi bars. They have only 140 calories, 5 grams of sugar and 7 grams of protein. They are really good.

I like the Pure Protein bars. I've also like some of the Kashi bars (not that chocolate truffle). I keep the bars in my purse for when I'm hungry to hold me until I can eat.