Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving. Ugh. Well, I made the feast for my family. When we ate dinner (around lunchtime) I had some mashed potatoes, some turkey with gravy and a spoonful of cranberry sauce. This was the first solid food I've eaten. It all went down easily and with no problem. Then at dinner I had another portion of the same. I also had a very small slice of pumpkin pie. Later that night, the guilt I felt was overwhelming. I felt guilty for eating *any* of it. Even though the portions were small, I felt bad. I know I have to eat solid foods again...and they went down easily--too easily. I have been good since, though. There are two pies and a cake here and I haven't had any more of that. I allowed myself the pie because it was Thanksgiving, but I'm not going to eat any more of it. Last night I was dealing with head hunger, and I finally made up my mind to have something. I chose potato Soup, and I ate too much of it and suffered with the rock-on-the-chest feeling for a couple of hours. I am trying to have positive self talk...like when I want something I shouldn't have, I tell myself, that won't get me to my goal, and that is what I want above all.

It's hard. I can't get a fill until the end of January because my dr.'s office is so booked with fills.

How did you all do through Thanksgiving????

Linda

Dr. Bonanni

Banded Nov 14

260/245/150

Dont feel bad, first of all , you still havent had a fill yet so you still dont have that much restriction.

secondly, the portions you eat are just enough to maintain your day to day needs. As long as you dont go back to what you ate before banding you will loose. I eat what ever I want also, in moderation of course and I am still loosing steadily although I have plateaus all the time. But eventually the weight starts going down again.. the way I see it, when the weight doesn't go down, my inches are going down!

Have a look at my website, I have a diary and weight loss chart there!

here is the direct link to the chart http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6pwwz/id5.html

You know, remember this isn't a diet. If you want it you should have it or your going to feel like your depriving yourself. But remember, all in moderation...

I did the same for Thanksgiving...glass of wine...had turkey...stuffing...some green been casserole and later a piece of pie! They were all small portions and I was satisfied...and guess what...the scale didn't budge up a bit!

That is what I find so freeing about the band...I can have what I want and no matter what it is I would have ate alot more of it before the band...and I have no restriction yet...no fill at all...I've lost 22lbs in three weeks...

I think it is hard for us to give up our dieting mental state...last night I was so head hungry for anything and everything...garlic ritz...chocolate...salad...my friends were laughing at me...I didn't have any of it but I think I was PMSing...

Your doing great and remember...it is not a race and you should have what you want...after our fills is when we are really going to take off!

Thanks to you both for responding. :rolleyes:

Of course, you both are right. I have years of "failed diet" mentality ingrained in me and I can't expect that to disappear overnight. I was really comfortable doing the liquid diet because it was very controlled, and therefore I felt very controlled. I felt out of control eating solid food. It's something I have to learn.

I got the courage to step on the scale this morning, and I did lose a few pounds since last week. Nothing like seeing the numbers go down to boost morale!

Leo, your website is awesome! And you are doing so well! :cool:

Thanks again.

Linda

Dr. Bonanni

Banded 11/14/03

260/243/150

Linda,

I am a control freak too! I'm starting to realize that the beauty of the band is that it is my own little control freak...it is going to tell me when I'm full and cannot eat anymore...it will tell me when I'm hungry...it has taken the control from my head and placed it in my stomach...

As long as you make good choices which you did at Thanksgiving you are in control! Heck, even if you make bad choices once in a while (like I did with my Nestle Tollhouse Peanut Butter chocolate Chip Cookies) it still is control.

My hardest thing right now is eating three times a day...and I've rationalized it...I got fat because I love food right? So why would I pass up the chance to eat if I can only eat three times a day...if I skip breakfeast and lunch I no longer can eat MORE at dinner...so...that is my struggle right now!

You are doing great...we started at similar weights and both have no fill...just wait until we get that restricition! The fat will be flying off...