Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats! Joyce13 When your up to it, let me know how everything went. I'm on the count down 4 days to go! I'm reading all I can to be prepared. Can you ever really be prepared? I didn't think so! :)

I'm getting banded on Tuesday, two more days!!!

Had my band done 7/23. I am doing great. Pain is not bad. Have taken pain medication twice. I've been up & about pretty much since I got home.

The Protein Drinks are fine, but it just does not take me very long to drink them. I keep trying, but they go down FAST.

Tuesday the 27th for me too....getting nervous! :smile2:

Hello Everyone, I was banded July 21st the surgery was excellent and I had a hernia repair that I didn't even know I had...lol...I think my worse pain was the day after surgery the hospital bed really did a number on my back..lol..the gas pains are bad also but I try to walk them out like the Dr. says and take my pain meds as prescribed...Today is a good day I woke up with hardly no pain and the tape on my incisions are starting to come off...as far as eating im sippin on diet snapples, crystal light, Protein Shakes and some small amounts of cream soups..I think im so excited about being banded that I tune out any pain that I do have....I haven't weighted my self since surgery, I know im goin to lose so I try not to worry about it....I have excellent support from family and friends...good luck to everyone....I love reading your stories...will keep you posted...good luck!

Edited by bella417

I got my band! July 27th, so this is my 3rd day out. (counting the 27th) Went in to surgery @ 7:30 am, released at about 1:30pm. The 1st day wasn't too bad, but I slept most of the day.

There was more pain yesterday, mostly gas. Seems like everytime I drink anything the gas pain comes back.I had Water, Vitamin water and sugarfree popsicles.

I am having my 1st Protein Shake right now, and it is pretty good (after I blended it with a little ice) I've only been able to get 2 oz down so far. How weird is that??

From the stories I've read, I think I have had it easier than some and not as easy as others....right in the middle...which is ok to me :-)

How is everyone else doing?

It has been two weeks today. I have had only one "PB" and fortunately that was at home. The gas gets to me still. I think it just doesn't want to leave the comfortable confines of my body. My biggest issue has been getting my meds down. I have to take it slow, on pill at a time. I think drinking lukewarm Water helps. I am trying to walk everyday. Mainly indoors, baby it's hot outside! I am very happy with the LB. Hope everyone else is doing well.:cursing:

Hi Everyone,

Great info about coffee. :w00t::thumbup::lol: My doctor and nutritionist do not want me to drink coffee. :rolleyes2::thumbdown::w00t: Hearing that other docs say it is okay, I am tempted to try some tomorrow. I really like the flavor of coffee.

Are you drinking regular coffee or Decaf?

Have an easy day.

Gwendolyn Smythe

I personally drink regular, if I am giving up my Diet Coke I need a little caffeine in the morning

One cup of regular in the a.m. for me too, but I'm doing my best to wean off it. Frankly, with skim milk it just ain't the same...!

Hi y'all. It has been 18 days since being banded and I am doing fine. The second weekend was a trial, but after a lot of burping and belching and cramping we move on. I have lost 17 lbs. I drink a half cup of coffee every a.m.,with caffeine. I never thought about it. I need coffee to get my day started. Good luck.

I had surgery 7/23, and since the next morning I have been drinking my regular coffee. That has made my life so good. I also put instant coffee into the Protein Shake when I feel like having "the taste".

Yesterday was my first strained food day. I am having a hard time getting all the Protein grams in when you only eat 4 oz. of food, and the dietitian says "3 meals a day, NO SNACKING!" :rolleyes2:

Will be intouch with her tomorrow.

But, I do have an infection in one of the incision. Had to see the surgeon last week because of it. Now it has opened up. No bleeding. I will be going to the emergency room today.

I had surgery 7/23, and since the next morning I have been drinking my regular coffee. That has made my life so good. I also put instant coffee into the Protein Shake when I feel like having "the taste".

Yesterday was my first strained food day. I am having a hard time getting all the Protein grams in when you only eat 4 oz. of food, and the dietitian says "3 meals a day, NO SNACKING!" :wub:

Will be intouch with her tomorrow.

But, I do have an infection in one of the incision. Had to see the surgeon last week because of it. Now it has opened up. No bleeding. I will be going to the emergency room today.

JMAW, good luck with the infection.

My understanding about the coffee is that it can become an irritant, but if it doesn't bother you than I don't see why not!

I don't understand how they can tell you to only have 4 oz 3 times a day and expect you to get your protein in. Doesn't add up. I can see later when you are healed and able to eat, but not at this point. Make sure to ask about about that.

Hi everybody I was banded on 7/21. I'm down 27.6:thumbup: and I feel great. I also had a problem with the port incision healing it is closing up now. I did have to go to the er Saturday after surgery. He gave me an antibotic Amoxicilin (sp), which gave me a sore throat.

Doing well with making mushy's. I am so happy with my band.

It's day 4? Banded on July 28th, Everything went well. I'm healing up & starving on this liquid diet! I don't think I have any restriction at all. I'm looking forward to week 2 with at least cottage cheese, can you imagine being excited for that! Well this is what I signed up for & I have lost 13lbs. So it's time to suck it up & wait for fill....tic tic tic. Hope everybody is healing & happy :wub: